Survivor Samoa starts tomorrow!

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 11:35 am
If anyone is interested - you can go to survivor.com and view some videos of the current jury members and their life at "The Ponderosa" after being voted out. Very interesting on how they feel (especially Erik) and what they do between tribal councils.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 08:17 am
I didn't miss an episode on Thanksgiving, did I?

Joe(not that I'm an addict or anything...)Nation
alex240101

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 08:34 am
The first few seasons of Survivor, friends at work, started a pool. After the first week,...fifteen names were put into a hat. Five of us, picked three each. Entry fee was broken down to runner up, and first place. One year I watched Colby choose that nice, nice lady, over disliked Michigan native chef Keith Famie, to take to the finals with. I cringed.
The reason I bring this up is,..perhaps after the next seasons first episode, where all viewers can get a first hand look at contestants, we can post are number one, and two choices to win, here. Any thoughts?
Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:41 am
@Joe Nation,
Nah - it was one of those "never before seen scences" type of rip off shows. They always play these on Thanksgiving.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 01:57 pm
@alex240101,
Sounds like fun. I'm in.

Joe(remind us or I'll remind you or...)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 10:34 pm
This has to be one of the best Survivors ever! Eagerly awaiting what happens next week. Will Russell be able to calm Shambo down. Glad to see Jaison finally lived up to my long-abandoned expectations of him. Natalie is one tough goil.
boomerang

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 11:06 pm
@Roberta,
Natalie was surprising! Much stronger than you would think.

Next week looks good -- they're onto Russell. Problem is, he still has an idol. I doubt they'll be able to blind side him into not playing it. They'll have to make it look like they're going to vote for him and get him to give up the idol.

I think Russell will be able to calm Shambo down. He'll finesse her somehow. He's so persuasive!

I agree -- this has been one of the best series ever.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 06:48 am
Shambo was just weird over the chicken. Whoever said anything would have gotten a broadside from her. And a vote out.

The producers would like us to think that the others are going to gang up on Russell. red herring alert.

Oh, and a reminder to everyone:
Joe(Share the PIE)Nation
Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 11:44 am
@Roberta,
All my opinions as well.

First time I saw some promise in Jaison in quite a while. Glad he won immunity. He also sounded smart about not crossing Shambo - as much as she is kinda an idiot, then could definately use her on their side. I wonder if this was a brilliant or the first dumb move on Russell's side. Is he too cocky thinking he can still keep Shambo trusting him? Or was it smart because John was trying to vote off Mick and knew about him idol? Will just have to wait until next week to see.

Also Natalie keeps moving up as a favorite for me - she plays well while still apprearing to be meek and weak - even though she is strong as ox - especially for her size. One minute taking a leisurely shower while the next griping and holding up with the strongest men.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 11:46 am
@Joe Nation,
And the "dream" about Dave being voted out - loved the Russell comment about it saying it was a sign from God.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 01:09 pm
Okay.
I think it's time we picked who we think will be in the final four, the final three, the final two and the winner.
Whoever gets all of the them right gets two pounds of brownies (Home made) from me.

Joe(go.)Nation

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:24 pm
@Joe Nation,
I have to go with my favs: Russell, Mick, Jaison, Natalie.

Oh by the way I have to miss tonight - my kids have a school Christmas musical so I have to go. Damn kids! We plan on watching tomorrow so I cannot respond or view tonight or tomorrow. I will check back on Monday (at least on the Survivor thread).
boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:07 pm
@Linkat,
So who all is left?

Russell
Mick
Jaison
Natalie
Dave
Brett
Monica
Shambo

Am I missing someone?

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:47 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Okay.
I think it's time we picked who we think will be in the final four, the final three, the final two and the winner.
Whoever gets all of the them right gets two pounds of brownies (Home made) from me.

Joe(go.)Nation

I can vouch for the brownies. Delish.

I'm still cogitating about the final four. I can pick maybe two at this point. I'm gonna watch tonight. I'll be back with a decision--maybe.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 08:07 pm
Jumping in before the spoilers start - No TV here, so I'll watch on-line tomorrow.

Brett is so far under the radar I don't even know who he is.

I always get the winner wrong, but I'm hoping for a final four of Natalie, Mick, Jaison and Russell. I hope at some point all three stab Russell in the back and the final two end up being Natalie and Mick. Natalie deserves to win just for killing that rat" "Eat your little snack..." (wack!)

If I win the brownies I will pass them to Roberta. I'm sure they are yummy, but the last thing I need in the winter are additional calories.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 02:22 am
I had no idea what was going to happen at that council. I have no idea why Russell revealed that immunity idol. I also have no idea why he can't keep his mouth shut. This could end up being his undoing.

So Monica as a member of the jury would only vote for someone who needs the money? Why don't they just get poor people as survivor contestants? That was a really stupid thing to say.

As Arte Johnson used to say on "Laugh-In," "Verrrrrry interesting."

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 01:06 pm
Well got to see it finally on Friday as I had to attend the kids' Christmas musical on Thursday (how dare they plan this during survivor!)

I thought it the snooziest one yet. Russell does need to watch out - he is too cocky which even if he gets to the final (and sometimes it is a final 3) others may be annoyed by him if he continues.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:24 pm
I think they made a big mistake not getting rid of Russell. I think he still has at least one more TC to use the idol which makes him hard to vote out. The others seem tired of his being puppet master, but they become so passive when he calls the shots. I really don't want him to win.

Jaison trying to make it sound like he was actually a strategy guy came across as pathetic. I had high hopes for him in the first few weeks, but he's become a total toady to Russell's masterminding.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:32 pm
The problem is Russell's machinations work out so well. Consider that they were down what? seven against four and now it's those four against three and one of them has been playing along (Shambo).

At first I thought he was crazy, but he's a hard working rooster.
Joe(don't turn your back)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 07:06 pm
4: Russell, Jayson, Natalie, Shambo (gudbye Nick and Brett)
3 Jayson Natalie Shambo
2 Natalie Shambo
winner

Shambo

Joe (wild ain't it?)Nation