Survivor Samoa starts tomorrow!

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 12:10 pm
The worst con-artists are the ones who think they are smarter than everyone else. His own ego will do him in. It's great that the police woman is on to him- and I think other people have already figured out something is not kosher with his promises. I had hoped the woman voted off would have called him a "snake" on her way out. He's doomed, but I want him to depart with a bang.

Love it that the black guy played water polo.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 12:20 pm
Okay. Survivor is my one guilty pleasure.
(Other than the other ones, too numerous to list here.
I have no favorites to win ....yet.
Please have the conniving skunk Russell fall soon.
Can't stand to look at him or hear him speak.

Joe(apologies to the skunks)Nation
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 12:37 pm
@boomerang,
Yeah! Russel being a jerk may be a great understatement. Maybe sociopath. How do they screen these people?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 01:27 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
He's doomed,

People have figured out that douchebaggery is a valid strategy in Survivor. Everyone wants to be up against the douchebag in the final vote. And second place is a pretty hefty paycheck, itself.

(No, didn't watch, reading along though...)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 05:39 am
Finally caught up with episode one. Russell? They'll figure him out eventually. In the meantime, blech. I like Jaison and Shambo. They may go early. Too much of a threat.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 08:09 am
Russell's definitely an ugly character. Seems like the police lady has his number, though.

Poor Marissa. Don't tip your hand until you're ready to strike....
Roberta

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 09:44 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Seems like the police lady has his number.

Seems like getting "Russell's number" is the kiss of death. Russell is still diabolical, but I'm becoming intrigued. He found the immunity idol without a clue!

IMO, Ben should have been gone. A nut case and ticking bomb. Not much help in the challenges either. And what's with chopping wood in the middle of the night?

The visitor to the losing tribe (can't remember her name) is a piece of work. Don't like or understand her at all. What is she doing there?

Shambo looks to be in trouble. Loses the mouthpiece to the snorkel and catches no fish.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 07:22 am
Damn! my favorite player is gone.

Russell gives me the creeps. How can anyone look at that face and think he is trustworthy?

Yes, the hairdresser from the 'hood is an big mouth idiot. I'm sure her fire will be out before long.

Maybe it's the mullet, but I can't stand Shambo or whatever silly name she calls herself. "The ocean is full of fish!" (but I didn't catch any).

I think I still like the black, water polo player - so he's my new favorite. I'm hoping he pulls the rug out from under Russell.
Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 11:33 am
@Green Witch,
I think he may - he seems to be quiet, but thoughtful - he seems to be taking things in and will come up with a good game plan. But I could be wrong.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 12:15 pm
Finding the immunity idol, while telling people he is looking for the immunity idol... that's too much. Editing on Survivor is so good. Russel has his whole tribe flummoxed, but the thing he needs to remember is that come the merge, if his tribe is decimated he will be chopped. Unless he is really that good a talker. Do you guys ever read Probst's blog?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 03:28 pm
I hear this weeks challenge is:
The tsunami immunity contest; goal is to see who can outrun and outswim and out smart the tsunami.

Samoan Islands earthquake generates small tsunamis
see http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/09/29/samoa.earthquake/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 12:18 pm
Survivor was filmed last summer so they're out of there already.

I'm liking Jaison more and more. That was great last night. I'm wondering what would have happened if they hadn't voted off Ben. I was glad to see Ben go. I just wish they'd kept Betsy around.

I think Russell played well last night -- changing his vote when he saw things weren't going to go his way. He's tricky! It's good to see that he's not as in control as he thought.

Mr. B pointed out something to me last night that I'd missed before -- the the immunity idol Russell found came with a note saying that it belonged to him and nobody could steal it. He's showing it to too many people. They're going to have to blind side him but good.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 12:28 pm
@boomerang,
Well of course it was filmed prior - how else do they get through all that editing.

I also noticed that immunity thing about not stealing - not that it had stopped anyone in the past from letting others know they had it.

Kind of a boring one last night. Almost can't wait until the other team starts losing so we can some more of them.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 06:11 am
Well, the other team finally lost. Didn't increase the excitement much. It would appear that neither Russell is in as much control as he thinks. But I'll give the annoying one credit. He did really well in the challenge. Raced across that rope like a monkey.

I suggest changing Shambo's name to Shambles. What is with her. She goes fishing, catches no fish, and loses part of the fishing gear. She knows chickens. Lets one get away.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 10:37 am
Awww..... thinking about Roberta. Hope she's doing okay.

Last night was definately the night of the Russells.

That was pretty trippy and scary about Good Russell. I knew they wouldn't be showing it if he was going to die or anything but that was pretty darn scary.

And Bad Russell really surprised me with his "no big deal" attitude. Everyone else was shaking and complaining and he was just his regular self. He might go further than I thought.

The weather there has made this series really strange. With everyone having to stay so clumped together the strategy is all over the place.
caribou

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 10:45 am
I hope Roberta got to watch.

Stubby little Russel is pretty impressive. Remember the way he talks to the camera is not the way he acts with the rest of them.

Jaison has now become too whiny for my taste.

Both the dark haired good looking guys are interesting. I need to figure out their names. Shaved and unshaved.

I'm not seeing any women of potential yet.
Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 10:52 am
@boomerang,
When I saw "good" Robert eyes after he tried to sit, I thought his heart stopped beating or he stopped breathing - his eyes looked dead. I guess that what happens when you pass out and your eyes stay open. I thought they were going to have to do CPR for a second.

Believe it or not I am starting to have a certain appreciation for the "bad" Robert. Nothing seems to phase him physically - the rain/the challenges, etc. I don't know if I've seen a player like him - he also plays this about as smart as you can. He knows when to pull back and when to "attack". Notice how he only goes after some one when they call him out for what he is - and he does it only when no one else is around. I think he scared that one girl into submission after she told him he was lying about the idol.

It is going to get more and more interesting now - it seems the girls on the "good" Robert tribe are smart enough to realized the boys are going to pick them off and bad "Robert" is smart enough to try and get them to flip.

Don't have a spot on favorite or two yet - though by far "bad" Robert is the most interesting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 10:52 am
@caribou,
Erik is the shaved.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 10:16 pm
Why in the world did Russell give up the immunity idol? Did he actually feel threatened?
Green Witch

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 06:40 am
@Roberta,
Good to see you back, Roberta. I think you should be declared The Ultimate Survivor.

Nothing made me happier than to see big, smug Russell trip over his own paranoia. I don't like people who always assume they are the smartest person in the room.

There are a couple of people I realized know nothing about. I saw a couple of talking heads and thought - "who's that?". It's like they were just cast extras for the last half dozen shows. The merge is usually when the show starts getting interesting for me because I can keep track of who's who and not just think of people as "the little blond woman" or "the guy with the nice smile".