damn cats

BillRM

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 04:02 pm
@dyslexia,
I had a mother with four new born kittens turn up behind my front wall and ask for my help three months ago.

By placing flyers all around the neighborhood and by working with a cat rescue group I found what I hope are good homes for three of the kittens.

As I type this the smallest kitten that I had feared more the once I was going to lost is sleeping on my bare feet and the mother is out in the hallway sleeping on one of my cat towers.

So instead of three cats I now have five cats, something I was not planning on and yet strangely they both got their claws into my heart and I would now have it no other way.

By placing flyers around and working with a cat rescue group you have a good chance of finding a home for that kitten now the question is no matter what your logic is telling you does your heart wish to do so?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:01 pm
damn damn cats, alias (aka-Roger) still living in garage seems to be approaching puberty and needs to be altered, Lady Diane has make appointments on 2 oscasions however when it came time for kitty to get into cat carrier aka Roger was disinclined with the appointments canceled. the last time was yesterday and we now have another appointment for tomorrow. We have placed the carrier on the garage floor with bits of kibble in it and aka Roger doesn't mind going in the carrier to eat the kibble however tomorrow at 3:15 p.m. We MUST manage to get aka Roger into the carrier, get it zipped closed and to the vet.
msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:03 pm
@dyslexia,
They know, dys, I swear they know!
I've experienced this many times!
Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:05 pm
@dyslexia,
I hope they tie it up with a christmas bow.

(poor gelded alias roger)
Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:14 pm
@dyslexia,
did he spray the car?

(i'm guessin' not yet, cuz he's still not a former cat...)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:20 pm
@dyslexia,
If you can catch little aka, getting him into the carrier is no problem. If he resists, pick him up by the scruff of the neck and lower him into carrier. He'll just kind of dangle there till you let go. Be ready to close it quickly, though. He seemed fairly athletic.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 10:02 pm
@roger,
thanks Roger, we will certainly try that tomorrow.
Bob.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 10:24 pm
@dyslexia,
can you close the garage door with the remote after he is inside? And it wont scare him away?
If so keep him in the garage and put a package of chamomile tea into some soft food . Just open and sprinkle the grass of the tea right into the food. make sure there is nothing else to eat. he will be just drowsy enough to make getting him into the carrier easy
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 04:37 pm
@shewolfnm,
Oh cool, Chamomile tea for cats! Never thought of that.

Boris has this same sense of when he needs to go to the vet, and has at time vanished for days at a time, freaking mom out all over the place! (I think he listens to the phone messages and hears the vet's confirmation phone call.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 04:49 pm
@Rockhead,
I think this desperately needs clarification. Roger the Rat is not capitalized. Long story, but it just isn't. Roger the cat is capitalized. Lets just say we should avoid confusion whenever possible.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 04:51 pm
the deed is done, following Rogers advice, I put alias aka roger on my lap for a few mins , then had Lady Diane held open the kat karrier. I then picked up alias by the scuff of the neck and plopped right into the carrier while Lady D zipped it shut with a handful of kibble in the carrier. Alias is now gone on a ride to visit the vet. I wonder what kind of reception the vet is going to get. I'm hoping that when we pick up alias tomorrow alias will be mellow jello from the anesthesia.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 05:00 pm
@dyslexia,
Excellent
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 05:52 pm
@roger,
sorry rog.

(and please don't piss on the car)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 06:00 pm
I hope Alias doesn't turn into a junkie.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 07:58 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

They know, dys, I swear they know!
I've experienced this many times!
Yes; I can attest to that.

David
0 Replies