FIRST IT IS THE BIRTHERS, AND NOW IT IS THE TENTHERS

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 09:44 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

ebrown p wrote:

Please, Name me a single neighborhood in the US that you can not go to because of your skin color.

Maybe you wouldn't feel comfortable in some neighborhoods because your own prejudice causes fear... but I am at least as pale as you, there is nowhere in the US where my skin color would keep me from going if I had reason to go.

Your post, Foofie, is complete BS.

Are you not of Hispanic heritage? Blacks and Hispanics live side by side in city housing. I am not Hispanic. Just plain vanilla European and secular Jewish. I do get looks of contempt; even from Hispanics. Eso es la verdad.

I wonder if the looks of contempt that you receive aren't based in part on the sour puss on your own face when you view the melanin-enriched folks, Foofie. I really bet they are.

I'm white, grew up in a black/hispanic/poor neighborhood, and I haven't had the experience you have had.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 09:48 am
@revel,
Quote:

However, that is a point which is straying from the point which is that this republican movement which seems be gaining ground since Obama became elected is being fueled by prominent white conservative republicans pundits, government offices or other important positions affecting the political climate. They have either said undeniable racist comments or comments that leave wiggle room for denial to fuel their base and it is happening and is not just a product of leftist drivel. They seemed to have smartened up since the days when they strung up black men on fiery crosses in their yards (now they carry around images of the same) and have used words which can be denied, but it is still the same old racism which is fueling much (not all) of the debates we have seen of late with the tea baggers and such.

Well said. (This deserves to be at the top of the page.)
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 09:54 am
Cyclo wrote:
I wonder if the looks of contempt that you receive aren't based in part on the sour puss on your own face when you view the melanin-enriched folks, Foofie. I really bet they are.

You are a fine analyst...
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 02:41 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Merry Andrew wrote:

Quote:
Besides, they are all racists anyways.

I know that you think you're being ironic, McG, but the sad fact is that most of them are, in fact, racists.

Yes, I am sure you believe that which is quite sad actually.

Well, if a whole lot of people on your side of the fence would quit it with the quasi-racist comments and attitudes, maybe people wouldn't think this.

The funny thing is, that you guys don't think the other side hears your 'code words' as well as your constituents do. They do hear them. This is the primary reason that GOP support amongst minority groups is in the shitter, and that's really going to hurt in the upcoming years.

Cycloptichorn

Code words? Like when they say "the President", they meant nigger? How come no one shipped me the manual with these code words in them?

I posted a prediction awhile ago that basically said that any criticism of Obama will be considered racist and apparently it was right on the money as that's all I hear from the left. If you criticize Obama, you are a racist and it's so f'ing stupid. It is quite possible, and I know it's hard for your side to realize this, but it really is possible to dislike a policy without caring one iota about what color a person is. Obama could be white as driven snow and I would make the same exact criticisms I have been. So would most people regardless of what you guys think.

Code words: Recent example is when McG posted an article claiming the presidency has failed because Barack Obama "is not one of us."
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 04:16 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

DontTreadOnMe wrote:

when was the last time someone told you you couldn't eat at the same counter as black people?

Racism need not be part of local law to exist. I cannot go into certain neighborhoods, because I am melanin poor, so to speak. I cannot eat in restaurants in those neighborhoods, let alone walk through them. And, as I said before, the look of contempt (aka, hate) is very discerning on some melanin wealthy faces. Perhaps, I look too mainstream for some in those neighborhoods, which should not be a correlation to my being a white person to hate.

mmm, i didn't mean that racism doesn't exist. i know from personal experience that it does. and there's more than enough to go around in all demos. i'm not convinced that it's the prevailing sentiment, but it's there.

0 Replies