can u give me your different insites why Divorce should not being legalized in our country, Phil.

jeraldz

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 03:21 am
We'll be having our debate subjecting "Legalizing Divorce in the Philippines" we are on the cons side or against the legalization. Please share us your opinions about the negative side of divorce. Thank you.

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 05:55 am
@jeraldz,
I gave your question serious thought and I honestly cannot come up with one reason why divorce should be illegal. I could think of some reasons why marriage should be illegal, but not divorce. Good luck, you have a difficult idea to defend.
jeraldz

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 05:59 am
@Green Witch,
well, it's a debate and that's why i came here to ask everybody's opinions especially the "cons" side which i could possibly use during our debate. Anyone there who is willing to share their thoughts about divorce.
contrex

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 06:21 am
Hows this for a debating point? Divorce is a wicked thing; it gives women the chance to escape from their rightful role as the property of men. Thus society is undermined and all kinds of bad things happen. Like murder and communism.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 06:24 am
@jeraldz,
I can only argue for legal divorce. Without the option of divorce marriage can become a prison or form of enslavement, especially for women. Men have always had more freedom and most countries do not criticize men for straying from a marriage. If people are unhappy they fight with each other and look for sexual relationships outside of marriage. This opens people up to the dangers of sexually transmitted disease that can be brought back to the spouse (think about the AIDs crisis in India and China). I think women and children suffer the most in iron clad marriages. Unhappy men are more likely to be violent and take out their frustrations on those who are nearby and weaker. Women can also take out their unhappiness and frustrations on their children. I am not a religious person, so I cannot even give you a religious reason that people should be forced to live together if they are miserable. I think some religions like it when people are miserable and think it builds spiritual character, but I don't agree. Life is too short to trapped in an unhappy marriage, especially if once someone is free they have a new chance to find love.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 06:37 am
@jeraldz,
Are you allowed to argue “no divorce” except under situations like mental/physical cruelty?

If I had to argue it, I’d make allowances for extreme cases, then go whole hog on the old family values canard. Start by finding some statistics relating to the children of divorced parents that support your position.

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 08:40 am
@Joeblow,
Here's some good stuff: http://able2know.org/topic/66117-1
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 09:40 pm
The only reason it should go thru the courts is to protect the children.
0 Replies

lyza

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 09:11 pm
@jeraldz,
divorce terminates the marriage..but marriage is a sacred event to begin with..partners face in front of the altar and take a vow to the Lord, making a promise to love each other for better or for worse,,till death do their part,, ..therefore i don't agree in legalizing divorce..its like not giving value to ones promise to the Lord..that's why we have the dating and engagement period b4 marriage so that we can carefully choose whoever we want to marry w/.....
0 Replies