Should I Tell My Ex-wife that I am Going to Court for Visitation?

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:20 pm
I am considering taking my ex-wife to court for visitation rights. My weekly check is greatly reduced by the child support unit and at the same time, my ex-wife, for NO REASON at all, decided not to let me see or speak to my son. I have not seen or spoken to him since June 25, 2009. Again, should I give her a chance to redeem herself by telling her to let me see my son or else we are going to court? Honestly, what do you say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 7,045 • Replies: 10

kuvasz

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:41 pm
no.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:45 pm
umm... do your son a favor and don't let him know that the reason you want to establish contact is to reduce your child support payments.
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 06:00 pm
@nycfunction,
nycfunction wrote:

should I give her a chance to redeem herself by telling her to let me see my son or else we are going to court?

Why threaten? Just take her to court to let them decide how to manage visitation in best interest of the child.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 06:11 pm
@nycfunction,
Take her to court and get a court order forget talking to her just do it.

With a court order she is stop from doing a on and off game playing and why settle just for vistation?

I see if there is nothing in your past that you should have a say in the child upbringing as a matter of course.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:18 pm
@nycfunction,
It might be easier to answer had you not brough the money into your post. What is important here? The money or the child?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 09:30 pm
It depends.

Are you going to say

"Look bitch, I'm taking your ass to court, you'd better get ready cause you're going down."

Or are you going to say

"I really miss (insert kid's name here). It kills me that you won't let me see him. I really wish we could work this out but since we can't I wanted you to know that I've hired an attorney to get visitation. I miss him so much. I need to see him."

If you intend to tell her the first way, don't. Just let the court serve papers and get ready for a brawl.

If you intend to tell her the second way she just might decide that working out an agreement with you might serve all of you best.
BillRM

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 12:10 am
@boomerang,
If you intend to tell her the second way she just might decide that working out an agreement with you might serve all of you best.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
A mother who is willing to harm her child by keeping him or her from having a relationship with his/her father is hardly fit parent to begin with, once more assuming that there is no good reason not to keep the father away.

I would had first off would have done all lawyers could had done to share in the raising of the child with a share custody arrangement not just visitation and it is odd that child support would had been decided in court and that visitation rights would not have been decided at the same time.

There is more to this story then we are being told in my opinion
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 01:33 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
... and it is odd that child support would had been decided in court and that visitation rights would not have been decided at the same time.

Why do you think that's odd? Happens all the time.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 05:41 am
Most likely you will see a family court mediator.

You DO need to get this formalized.

PS - Leave the money issue out of the conversation. I know you feel that you have some rights, because you are paying for them. But really, you must show that you are able to have a quality visitation with your child. This is not a "get back" to the ex.

This is about having a relationship with your child that benefits the child, NOT you.
0 Replies

nycfunction

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 09:41 pm
I thank all of you for giving me a chance to read all views on this matter.
0 Replies