Keeping a Good Dad Away from His Child

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 10:58 am
QUESTIONS:

1-If I have not done anything wrong, why would my ex-wife disallow me from spending quality time with my son?

2-Doesn't my ex-wife realize that she is truly hurting our son by keeping me away?

3-Will I ever see my son again without going to court?

4-Why do women use kids as pawns to get back at men? This does not make sense to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,785 • Replies: 19

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:26 am
@nycfunction,
1 - Only your ex-wife could answer that

2 - Only your ex-wife could answer that

3 - Only your ex-wife and/or a lawyer could answer that

4 - In all the history of mankind it is unlikely that any man truly understood women. Women work on emotion....not necessarily sense.

It would be best to contact a lawyer to help with your dilemma. Good luck and I hope you get to see your son.
sullyfish6

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 12:08 pm
How is it that your ex-wife has all the power here?

This is YOUR child.

She cannot make decisions for you.

Get a lawyer and get your visitation rights.

Call legal aid and get a free lawyer.

Stop being a victim and start taking steps to have a relationship with your son.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 03:50 pm
@nycfunction,
Does your ex-wife have full custody?
If yes, why?

Do you have visitation rights?
If not, why not?
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 05:25 pm
@nycfunction,
I to would like to join in to ask how/why in the hell did you not get a court order to see your child if you wish to?
nycfunction

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:46 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

1 - Only your ex-wife could answer that

2 - Only your ex-wife could answer that

3 - Only your ex-wife and/or a lawyer could answer that

4 - In all the history of mankind it is unlikely that any man truly understood women. Women work on emotion....not necessarily sense.

It would be best to contact a lawyer to help with your dilemma. Good luck and I hope you get to see your son.

Women are so much harder to understand than any tough math course in college.
0 Replies

nycfunction

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:48 pm
@sullyfish6,
sullyfish6 wrote:

How is it that your ex-wife has all the power here?

This is YOUR child.

She cannot make decisions for you.

Get a lawyer and get your visitation rights.

Call legal aid and get a free lawyer.

Stop being a victim and start taking steps to have a relationship with your son.

I am not about revenge. She's done this to me once or twice before. I'm sure whatever it is will subside. I know that taking my ex-wife to court will ignite emotions to a very bad level.
0 Replies

nycfunction

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:50 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

If yes, why?

Do you have visitation rights?
If not, why not?

Yes, she has full custody. I never went to court for visitation rights. I don't want to ignite the situation more than it is. I also don't have any money to hire an attorney. I am also waiting to see how far she will carry this game.
nycfunction

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:53 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I to would like to join in to ask how/why in the hell did you not get a court order to see your child if you wish to?

I don't want to ignite the situation. However, I am also waiting to see how far she will take this game. If I don't see my son by the first week of school in September, I will be going to court for visitation rights.
boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:59 pm
Call Legal Aid.

If you really and truly haven't done anything wrong they will most likely assign you a lawyer to help you get visitation.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 09:41 pm
Upon further reflection I see that twice you have called this a "game".

I have a strange relationship with several people in regards to my son but I don't think I've ever once referred to it as a "game".

In fact, it is about as un-game-like as anything I can imagine.

I'm curious about your wording and wonder if it might not be part of the problem.

Can you elaborate on your usage?
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:32 am
@nycfunction,
I don't want to ignite the situation. However, I am also waiting to see how far she will take this game. If I don't see my son by the first week of school in September, I will be going to court for visitation rights.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why would you wait more then until the court open up to see your son?

The hell with upsetting the lady as with the current situation your relationship can not be any worst in fact I would begin asking for more rights then vistation of the courts.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 09:12 am
@boomerang,
Seemed pretty clear that he thought the mother was using the children as a "game" against him.
May2008

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 12:47 pm
@nycfunction,
Because thats how a lot of women are they use there kids as a weapon. They do not realize they are punshing there kids. Go seek a lawyer and set her straight!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:08 pm
@nycfunction,
nycfunction wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

If yes, why?

Yes, she has full custody.

why does she have full custody?
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:58 pm
Custody has nothing to do with parental visitation rights.

Custody just means where the kid sleeps and goes to school.

This guy is claiming that he cant even SEE his kid. (visitation0

The Family Court around here is adament about BOTH parents having a relationship with the child UNLESS one or both of them are not good for the child to be around.

There are LOTS of free help in order for you to have visitation, even if it is supervised.

I think we are not getting all of the story, here.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 04:37 pm
@sullyfish6,
It may be a matter of terminology but using the term full custody can have significance in some jurisdictions. There can be a difference between being the custodial parent and having full custody.

People don't easily get full custody here, unless one parent relinquishes any rights (which isn't easy to do) and/or a judge makes that decision for the family.

That is why I'm asking about the mother having full custody. One parent (mother or father) having full custody is not that common here.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 05:08 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I don't know, Robert. Based on my experience it takes two people to play this game.

Sometimes in custody disputes like this the non-custodial parent gets to be what Mr. B calls "the glamour parent". The glamour parent is the fun parent who doesn't really have to enforce any rules, etc, which makes the job of the custodial parent very difficult.

It's really hard to know based on the limited information we've been given.

The fact that the kid cries when he has to leave the father tells me that something is going on. He's either being a glamour parent or something bad is happening at home between the kid and the mother -- in which case the poster has an obligation to the child to find out what it is.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 05:17 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

The fact that the kid cries when he has to leave the father tells me that something is going on. He's either being a glamour parent or something bad is happening at home between the kid and the mother -- in which case the poster has an obligation to the child to find out what it is.

I must have missed something. I don't see anything in the thread that was written by the father indicating that the child cries when he leaves. I have read that the father does not get to see the child.

Did I miss something?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 05:21 pm
Oops. You're right. I have it confused with a different thread. Might be the same poster but might be different.
0 Replies