The Baseball Thread

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 11:17 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Coolest GIF Ever Shows Five Overlaid Yu Darvish Pitches
http://deadspin.com/coolest-gif-ever-shows-five-yu-darvish-pitches-at-once-480964674

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lqbxgio3eligif/ku-medium.gif

and reversed...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lqfjmkxuoy9gif/ku-medium.gif
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 01:31 am
Happy Birthday Willie Mays!

82 years old...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 03:32 am

this is how it must've looked to the sawx yesterday

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lqbxgio3eligif/ku-medium.gif

14 K's in seven innings... Sad
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:12 pm

seems legit...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/936225_364020563698813_1560959489_n.jpg
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 07:29 pm
Simply baffling...

Alex Cobb tonight...

4 2/3 innings pitched...struck out 13 out of 14 batters he faced...does not go 5, and is on the hook to lose...had to come out because he threw 117 pitches before he finished 5...
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 07:39 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/cobb_zps5b7b1089.jpg

Shocked
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 07:45 pm
@Region Philbis,
LoL...It actually gets even more crazy, and complicated than that too, because he struck out 4 in one inning...and the person reached on a pass ball, stole second, third, then scored on a balk...or something crazy like that...So he really k'd 2 less than he could...and had 2 innings where he did not have 3....LMAO....WOW...
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 04:27 pm
This week I reread and republished (this time in my blog) an essay I wrote in 1984.
Gee, it was 1984 and I was already writing about Bill James's approach to baseball statistics.

Nerd!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 07:20 pm
Did anyone else see that Roberto Hernandez was pitching against the Yanks...and forget that that is one and the same Fausto Carmona like I did?

2 Cents Smile
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 08:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

he's also trying to forget...

dunno who this is, but damn!

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/a8ed84675f175b96b5e26798dc6e0138_large
George

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 08:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I wasn't even aware of the incident, so I had to look it up.
Weird.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 10:54 am
@Region Philbis,
I would want to forget that if I were him also... Mr. Green Mr. Green

That was an amazing snag...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 02:50 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
he's also trying to forget...

dunno who this is, but damn!

I am a bit confused here mate...and I am not sure if you were confused as well...or if I just misinterpreted what you meant...

If he was pitching on the mound...I would hope he would like to remember that his fellow outfielder made an amazing snag to save him a home run....

If he was hitting, then I agree that he would probably like to forget that that happened to him...
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 05:59 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

he = fausto/roberto .carmona/hernandez...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 01:24 pm

be a groundskeeper, they said...
it will be fun, they said...

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 06:24 pm

woah... Shocked

Quote:
Report: MLB Seeking to Suspend 20 Players Including Alex
Rodriguez, Ryan Braun for Connections to Biogenesis Clinic

MLB is reportedly ready to drop the hammer on Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun.

According to ESPN’s Outside the Lines, Major League Baseball is getting ready to suspend A-Rod,
Braun and as many as 20 players because of their connection to the Biogenesis anti-aging clinic
in Miami. The suspensions could come within the next few weeks, but it’s unlikely the players’
union would accept them without a fight.

Outside the Lines is reporting that Biogenesis clinic founder Tony Bosch will testify against the
players. The league is expected to argue that the players lied about their PED use and their
connections to Bosch.

“One source familiar with the case said the commissioner’s office might seek 100-game
suspensions
for Rodriguez, Braun and other players,” T.J. Quinn, Pedro Gomez and Mike Fish
report. “The argument, the source said, is that the players’ connection to Bosch constitutes one
offense, and previous statements to MLB officials denying any such connection or the use of PEDs
constitute another.”

The league was previously reported as “going after” those players linked to the clinic, including
Rodriguez, who may have tried to buy documents incriminating him. Other players who might
face the wrath of the commissioner’s office include Melky Cabrera, Nelson Cruz, Gio Gonzalez,
Jhonny Peralta, Francisco Cervelli and Bartolo Colon
(nesn)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 06:45 pm
@Region Philbis,
I am not sure that this will actually happen though, sadly...just because of the players union...and the way the legal system is...Bonds and Clemens did not really face any charges when they both were considered to be lying to a grand jury...besides possible ban from H.O.F.,....I think it is possible with A-Rod, and Braun...but I can see Braun getting off less again, because he never physically was convicted the first time...However, I think he can be hit hard...the other guys I can't see 100 games coming down...but I do think that they probably will be suspended...except Melky, who should do a year for what he tried to do, and admitted...dumb thing is, is that baseball plays games...people have been asking for this information, as well as things such as the Mitchell report for years now...

The thing that makes it dumb, is every time it goes away, baseball plays a large role in resurfacing this issue...over and over...

If baseball wants to take a legitimate stance...they should lay down all the ground rules right now...Such as anyone who ever admitted using when it was not illegal, is banned from HOF...anyone who is thought to be using will go under a trial within baseball, and if it is deemed they have...they should be suspended and fined, and banned if baseball chooses...which I think they should...

And if anyone is now caught, and it is determined by this board they have...then same rules apply, only now for a 3rd time offense, the player is gone from the game with no pay...and stiffer 1st and second offense penalties...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 06:32 am

for only the second time in MLB history, two games went at least 18 innings on the same day --

toronto beat texas in 18
game time = 5:28

the jays used nine pitchers... needless to say, today's starter had better go deep...

miami downed the mets in 20
game time = 6:25

kevin slowey got the win in relief, going seven shut-out innings , striking out eight.

bad-luck loser shaun marcum pitched eight innings, allowing one run on five hits, with seven k's...

the last big league game to go that long also involved the mets when they beat the cards 2-1 in 20 innings on april 17, 2010...

the other instance of two 18+ games on the same day was august 15, 2006 when the D-backs beat the rockies 2-1 (18 innings),
and the cubs beat the astros 8-6 (also 18 innings)...
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 06:47 am
@Region Philbis,
...but...but ...what did Yasiel Puig do yest-id-day?

Ahhh. found him...he went 2/4 and raised his avg to .435 and he's slugging 1.000 (no RBI). Too bad he can't pitch, too.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 08:05 am
@Ragman,

i hope he's clean... and stays that way...