Kitty question's: Help please..

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 07:21 pm
We have temporarily adopted (two) three week old kittens. We have one already potty trained, and the other one isn't picking up on that as quickly. Then we are bottle feeding them, it's now every four hours. We feed them until they are full. One of them is a pig, and we have to pull the bottle out of her mouth. (or she will eat until she explodes) If anyone can help me with these issues with suggestion's, for the time being that would be great. We are also looking for a good home for them, if anyone is interested. We cannot have pets here at the complex, and I am exremely allergic actually.. Thanks for whatever help that you can give me.
Regards, Lynn [email protected]

roger

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 07:26 pm
@Linster5,
I'm surprised that even one is box trained at three weeks. Do make sure the litter box is low enough to get into, and just set the slower learner into it from time. They like to scratch around in soft litter, and it might stimulate her to get busy. It is very rare kitten that doesn't pick up on proper box usage at a very early age.

As for feeding, let her explode. (She won't)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 09:08 pm
It is so very sweet of you to try to care for such tiny kittens.

If I were you, I would look for a nursing mother as they will often adopt kittens from a different litter.

You might try posting to the "pets" forum at www.craigslist.org for your city, calling area vets, calling area shelters, calling local charities that work with cats. If you can find a nursing mother the kittens will be a lot better off and you won't be risking eviction!

Good luck!
Linster5

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 11:29 pm
@boomerang,
Hey,

Thanks for the tip, appreciate that alot..
0 Replies