Top 10 Things To Do Before You Turn 30

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:29 pm
I thought that list was going to be all biddness. I've done most of it. I don't think I've taken ma and pa out for dinner though. I've bought them coffees, does that count?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 06:12 pm
No, littlek, you have to fight your Dad for the bill. And win. (You can cheat if necessary. Excuse yourself to go to the ladies' room, then stop by the cash register and give them your credit card. Be sure to tell them you'll be paying for the whole table. Then, at the end of the meal, they'll bring you the check, you'll sign it before your Dad can recover from the shock, and then it will be too late for him to do anything.) Nothing feels as good as proving to your own parents that you can take care of yourself...and them, too, on occasion. Then you're a full-fledged adult.

Okay, cav.

Take two slices of white bread, butter one slice generously, sprinkle with white sugar until the sugar starts to fall off when you turn the bread upside down, then top with the other slice of bread. Remove crusts, cut in fourths diagonally to make cute little triangles. Then gag.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 06:15 pm
Eva, but I generally can't afford to take care of the whole bill, so, that's not yet going to happen. Maybe before I'm 40.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 06:48 pm
Wow, I've done all of those things -- even took my parents out to dinner, which really tickled my dad. I was really surprised that it didn't say something about saving 5% of your income. Very Happy

The one thing that wasn't on there, I'm not surprised, is that the sages say if you don't learn at least a little Kundalini Yoga before you're 30, you'll never be able to awaken the serpent in your spine. My advice -- try it. It will help you all through life.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 06:48 pm
Well, we seem all funned-out, don't we? The old 'been there done that life's a big yawn and I'm too cool routine'. Here are a few more, some I've done and a few yet to come. Maybe more of a "Things to do before you die", depending on how busy you are. Wink

1. Go skydiving.
2. Learn how to drive a motorcycle.
3. Snorkle or scuba in a coral reef. Some people can't swim, so that's an alternative goal.
4. Get arrested.
5. Get rid of all the friends you don't really like or have anything in common with anymore. Yep - just ditch 'em.
6. Two words: Brazilian wax
7. Learn how to dance
8. Throw the party you've always wanted someone to throw for you.
9. See your life flash before your eyes.
10. Write a love letter. Not a half a page note, but a full-blown love letter that's too fat for an envelope. Mean every word of it.

OK. Time's awasting. Get moving out there.

Don't worry little k. Ever cook a splendid dinner for them? I think that's better.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:16 pm
You're not 40 yet, littlek? Sorry. You have time.

I've done half of your last list, Sugar. Guess I'd better get busy on the other half! (Do I really HAFTA get arrested?)
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:29 pm
Well, you don't have to, but I think it's a good learning experience. I could be for something not sobad, like refusing to disperse during a protest in front of the state house or something.

I should be more specific. I do not recommend getting arrested by the feds. State or local level will do just fine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:05 pm
Some of sugar's top 10 list is on mine as well (done a couple of them as well). I think that I'll skip skydiving, thankyouverymuch.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:26 pm
Get arrested for a good cause.

and when you make the sugar and butter sandwichs you are supposed to mash the bread till it's as thin as a Communion wafer. yum. buttery and crunchy at the same time.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:52 pm
I've never been arrested, but I was PC'ed twice, does that count?
0 Replies

renew

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:25 am
Hmmm...I've done a couple of those, actually.

Mainly the volunteer one. I've been doing volunteer work for years and years....heh
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:36 am
Eva, is your mother Norwegian? That sounds like lefse without the lefse... (I'm not Norwegian but lefse is kind of unavoidable in Minnesota. With brown sugar, it's yummy!)

http://www.lefse.com/whatis.htm

I love this quote from that page:

Quote:
Lefse seems to be universally palatable to all, whereas lutefisk has been known to be more of an acquired taste.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:53 am
sugar good list...i've done them all accept #6 lol i like my hairs ok, aaaaanyway whenever someone wants to go skydiving and is near either sarnia ontario canada or columbus/ft. benning GA just get in touch.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:57 am
safecracker wrote:
whenever someone wants to go skydiving and is near either sarnia ontario canada or columbus/ft. benning GA just get in touch.

!

Get in touch ...and....? You'll take us up? Now there's an A2K gathering!
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:58 am
well i will take you into class teach you what you need to know then take you up yes.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 09:52 am
No, soz, my mom was not Norwegian. Irish/English. And thrifty. We got those on days when she needed to go to the grocery store because we were out of meat for sandwiches.

Mash the bread, Joe? Hmmm....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:25 pm
safecracker - just asking, not intending to drop you a line (eek!). Both of my sisters have dived. But not me, nossir!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:55 pm
The first list is done. I've done the parts of Sugar's list that interest me.

Definitely have fun, no relationship sex. It's one of the true glories of youth.

I shaved my head in honour of turning 30. It was very freeing.
0 Replies