Is She Using Meth?

Loved1

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:13 pm
I don't know much about drugs but I'm almost positive my sister is using. I think it might be meth but I don't know. Yesterday she met a "friend" for lunch. I know this isn't true because she was not gone long enough to have sat down and eaten lunch with someone. I checked her sent text messages and found two that I don't understand but lead me to believe she bought drugs. One said something like, "I need 300 now." The other said, "Thanks for not giving me yellow stuff." What could these mean?
When she came home, she went in the bathroom with her purse over 8 times (yes I counted). She normally doesn't take her purse with her to the bathroom and she even leaves the door open sometimes but last night the door was closed every time. When my boyfriend came home from work at 12:30am, she was awake cleaning the floor. When I woke up this morning at 6am, she was awake. I know she did not sleep at all last night.
I believe she may have snorted something. She kept asking for tissues but when I read about meth snorting, it said users have plugged sinuses. Maybe she was just trying to cover up?
Her demeanor seemed normal, though. She didn't seem excessively happy or sad. She seemed herself. When I left this morning she said she had a sinus headache last night, but again, that might just be a cover up.
I don't know. Please help me with any info or suggestions.

View best answer, chosen by Loved1
Loved1

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:14 pm
@Loved1,
Please help
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:14 pm
@Loved1,
trust your gut.

my answer after reading your post is Yes.

Definitely.
Loved1

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:16 pm
@Rockhead,
Do you have any suggestions of what I can/should do in this situation? She will deny using if I ask her. I just feel at a loss right now.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:17 pm
@Loved1,
you can't fix her.

open communication is your best hope.

stand your ground and tell her you know she is using, and it scares hell out of you, but you want to help her.

good luck.

(and educate yourself on the addiction, if you aren't scared yet, you will be)
ebrown p

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 01:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Assuming that your sister is over 18 (i.e. an adult)... I agree with what people have said. Talk to her, but also accept that she is responsible for her decisions and if she doesn't want help, there is nothing you can do.

There are plenty of resources for you, check for drug rehabilitation resources in your city.

Remember that you need support too. I suggest you find a support group for yourself (as well as resources to offer to her) to help you deal with this difficult situation.

0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 05:46 am
@Loved1,
There's no need to speed through the housework.
0 Replies

shewolfnm
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 05:56 am
going to the bathroom 8 times in a few hours is , in my experience, cocaine.

So is the reference to yellow.

Crank/speed/ meth, sometimes comes out yellow and the darker the color, and closer to peanut butter the consistency , the better the drug.

The whiter, cleaner appearing powder with no 'yellow' is cocaine. Yellow cocaine is almost crap and most times not even real cocaine.

300 dollars in meth in 8 hours would kill someone.

300 dollars in coke in 8 hours is just fun. BIG difference and I am not pulling your chain.
I have done both for years.

of course it has BEEN years since I have done them........ none the less, they dont change.

What would I suggest to you?
You want my honest opinion?
Can she move out?
Cocaine robs one of their sanity quickly. And since it is so expensive, Visa, mastercard and 9-5 jobs will only support it for so long. People begin to steal and quickly on that stuff. And do not think it wont "happen to her" or that " she isnt like that" . Drugs MAKE people " like that" so prepare if this is a bad situation.

Get a hold of her purse if you can.
Yes. I am telling you to be that bold.
Look for straws, look for tiny baggies . Look for dollar bills either rolled up like a straw, or that have obviously been folded like small boxes, or triangles. Look for small mirrors though, those are not a necessity. Bottles of visine , if she does not wear contacts, nasal spray if she is not sick....
These can look like common things, but when found all at once, or 2 out of the list together, i would be worried.

This is one way to get confirmation.

The other way is to get a drug test.

But it only comes down to her decisions as an adult.. and yours as a family member.
Those two always clash.
Be ready for that.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 09:23 am
@shewolfnm,
very good post, wolfie.

I agree with you on cocaine vs crank.
(got to thinking about the dollars later myself)
0 Replies