The Great Big A2K Fantasy Football Thread for 2009-2010!

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 12:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

The rumor of the day has Michael going to the Minnesota Vikings, who badly need a QB.
Let me see if I can get you to the article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution (I don't know how to do links). Go 1st to our A2K Yahoo site and click on Football 2009 on the left top. Drop down a couple of inches to Andy Behrens' article called something like Viking Vick. There you can link to the Atlanta paper's article. The link is in a paragraph at the bottom of a page about baseball.
You think A2K political threads can sometimes be brutal? Scan through the readers' comments at the end.

To do links, Johnboy, just pull up whatever article you are looking at. Look at the URL address that appears in the buffer in your browser at the top of the screen (http://whatever). Copy it and paste that into your post. Voila! You've created a link.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 01:13 pm
@Foxfyre,
I'm lousy at following instructions, Fox, but I will try to get one of the folks at my store to show me on Saturday.
You are right, maporsche, about Vick's performance in Atlanta. He played for a lousy team but he did rack up Fantasy Points.
The NFL cleared him to sign, practice and play in 2 pre-season games. But he can not play in a real game until week 7 (I think it is 7). That is almost half a season. That puts a further constraint on his value to any team interested in him.
Did you decide, map, not to set up another A2K league. A month plus until draft day.
maporsche

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 01:50 pm
@realjohnboy,
No, I set one up.

http://able2know.org/topic/134499-2#post-3712056

But I had to set it up on Fox Sports because Yahoo is apparently limiting people to only 4 teams per season. I'm already involved in 4 seperate fee-based leagues in Yahoo, so I can't join another league there.

I had expected that the response to a league on another website might be low.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 02:04 pm
You ain't seen johnboy in action, maporsche. How many players have you gotten? I will email you to get the necessary League ID and password etc.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 08:08 am
http://cagle.com/working/090729/jones.gif
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 05:25 pm
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sk0729j20090729032014.jpg
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 05:26 pm
@Foxfyre,
Now that's funny!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 05:34 pm
Rumors today: Vick could go to Seattle. One of the contenders for QB in Minn is injured.
maporsche

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 10:35 am
@realjohnboy,
Hmm....not sure what I think about that.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:24 am
Maporsche...I am having trouble getting traction for the 2nd league mostly because it is on another host (Fox/MSN vs Yahoo). I have sent out a few emails and the response has been that it is too much trouble to register for a trivial pursuit on another site.
Tico has offered to set up the Steve L. league on Yahoo. Could you live with that, if the offer still holds? You could, I hope, talk to him about the scoring rules etc that you want to have in place. Let me know how it plays out. I think I have a few players waiting.
maporsche

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:33 am
@realjohnboy,
I hear you.

Even if Tico sets it up in Yahoo, I still won't be able to join (too many teams), but he's more than welcome to.

Thanks for trying, I'll have to just get buy with my 7 current teams. Sad
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 06:26 pm
Tennessee vs. Buffalo on TV right now.

Nice to be watching a game again.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 04:43 pm
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/PerryNM/th_Avatar-Gerbil4.jpg

The Mighty Gerbils have been working out so cringe in terror!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:07 pm
This just in: Michael Vick has signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 06:13 pm
Time goes by so fast. Only 11 days until draft time. Have you done your homework?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 06:42 pm
I have just updated my draft rankings and who I am drafting.

If I get even half of the players I want, you are all doomed.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 07:13 pm
My first pick is going to be this Daunte Stallworth fellow, WR.
They say he's going to have a hell of a season!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 04:09 pm
Brett Favre unretires again at the age of 39. He will become a Minnesota Viking, where they need a QB. Arrgh.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 04:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Brett Favre unretires again at the age of 39. He will become a Minnesota Viking, where they need a QB. Arrgh.

I know, jeez

When's the draft?

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 04:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Saturday, 8/29 at 6 pm.
0 Replies