What is the highest grade you've ever made on a History test

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 03:05 pm
Sad
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 03:17 pm
Uh oh...hope I didn't offend....I lived with an Alzheimer's sufferer, always thought I was a girl.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 04:26 pm
The trouble with History is that there keeps getting more and more of it. It's a much tougher subject now than it was 100 years ago; or even 10 years ago.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 04:49 pm
Montana wrote:
Child of the Light wrote:
and the average A2ker can't be a day over 28 Very Happy

Yeah, I wish.

I don't even remember what my highest grade was.

Montana<

Me neither (and I guess that's because I've been 28 twice). :wink:
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:23 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Uh oh...hope I didn't offend....I lived with an Alzheimer's sufferer, always thought I was a girl.

You didn't offend, I don't know what I am saying half of the time.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:37 pm
Okay, child, thanks.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:52 pm
As an undergrad? 100%. As a grad student? I stay in the mid 90% range. The advantage to being a grad student is never having to fear you may be wrong...you can rest assured that you are always wrong about something! Very Happy
To be fair, most of my grades come from weekly papers and bibliographies.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 06:00 pm
ok, so, do anthropology tests count as history tests?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 06:31 pm
My goodness, LittleK. Of course they do..Don't you know about"Coming of Age in Samoa"....sheeze Smile
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:00 pm
Letty wrote:
My goodness, LittleK. Of course they do..Don't you know about"Coming of Age in Samoa"....sheeze Smile

Eh? Confused
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:05 pm
Hey, hobit. Just having some fun at the expense of Margaret Meade. Someone once told me that she was simply wind blowing through the palm trees Smile
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:08 pm
I confess (to my shame) to have never read Meade. Sad
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:19 pm
hobit, and I'll confess to my shame, that I have never read that hobit guy. Archaeology is a subset of anthropology...
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:36 pm
Despite my moniker (bestowed on me in High School (Frodo)) I have read Tolkein but once. I preferred Terry Brooks (at least the first three Shanarra books, after that it got a little silly..I mean, what is the difference between 1/1000 000 000 Elven blood and no Elven blood! Rolling Eyes ) and charles De Lint.
Not sure what Archeology has to do with anything, but anyway.. Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:45 pm
he he...silly tonight...gotta repair to my trundle bed...

goodnight from Florida
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:47 pm
I'll just wave as you trundle away. Wink
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:04 pm
I tell a tale of serendipity and history, of trance states and infant United States, of Jeffersonian Democracy 303 and the Zen of the Multiple Choice Test.

Whilst in the midst of a semester of history with a Dr. Joyce at the University of Tulsa USA I had occasion to skip the Thursday lecture of a Tuesday/Thursday course regarding the influence of certain framers of our Constitution because it was necessary for me to chase a certain Ms. A____F_______ around and about the trees and rose garden at a nearby park, but I digress. I spent the weekend engaged in alternating sessions of reading and hell-bent carousing that continued until late Monday night or early Tuesday, there is no accurate record. I slept very late Tuesday dreaming that I was both late for class (which I was) and that an exam I was supposed to be taking was already finished by the time I woke, wrapped up in the tangled sheets. Upon arriving for the 1:00pm session I was met at the door by Dr. Joyce who grinningly handed me, along with the rest of the class, a five page exam consisting of 100 multiple choice questions. One Hundred Questions, one point apiece he announced, proceed.

I stared for a moment at question one and I immediately knew the answer!!?! The same was true for question two! I had been doing the reading but had been sitting through the lectures in kind of a trance consisting of two parts lack of sleep and one part hangover yet here was question three and it's answer was A and I didn't even read B,C or D (all of the above)!!
This was a kind of dream or perhaps the opposite of the nightmare where you see yourself sitting at an exam not knowing anything. I knew everything. I looked around and other students were sweating over their pages, looking up at the windows, biting their pencils while I felt one with the universe. I flew through the rest of the pages, finished, stood up and took my test to the front, handed it to Dr. Joyce and walked out.

It was 29 minutes after the hour. I had taken a hundred question test in about 25 minutes, that's what--One question answered every 15 seconds? Yikes! I was suddenly afraid. I began to doubt that I knew anything at all.
I spent the next day thinking about how I would repair the damage. Do an extra paper, find an extra credit project, paint Dr. Joyce's garage.

Thursday dawned and I went to class. Dr. Joyce, who I loved and admired, had a quirk, he liked to hand back tests by result with the lowest scores going out first. First of course we had our lecture to listen to....the blah blah was only secondary, the Anti-Federalists first had to blah, blah the blah blahblah. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Now here's your Tuesday test results - Robert Zebeck (dolt!) Ann Kettes,
Bob Jackman, the list went on. I had my head down, ready, how bad was it going to be? A 60? Jackman walked by, he had a 47! Jeez. Reba Johnson, Edward Holland, Thomas Waterway, still hadn't called me. What the hey? I might have done okay, Hey alright! Classmate after classmate was called but not me, we were down to ten left and then five when it struck me that maybe my score had been so bad that Dr. Joyce was going to single me out as the worst student in the history of the history department! My hands were sweating. Only Janet Pearson and me left now. (Janet went on to be a really fine reporter for the Tulsa World newspaper.)
"Janet," said Dr. Joyce," excellent score, a 99, and the only perfect score for this test is yours, Mr. Nation. Well done and so quickly too." He had an odd look on his face. I walked up the aisle and got my test, there was an actual smattering of applause. Dr. Joyce smiled at me, folded his briefcase and headed for the door. "It's the reading, I do all the reading." I said. "I know" said Dr Joyce," you couldn't had cheated, I didn't finish writing this test till noon on Tuesday." right when I had been down on my hands and knees looking for a clean sock.

I kept that test a long time. I liked the way the 100 looked, circled in red on the upper left corner. I never read it again though, I was too afraid I'd read a dozen questions that I couldn't answer........... Rolling Eyes

Joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:09 pm
wow, great story!
0 Replies

valgalmypal

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 02:07 pm
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 06:05 pm
Thank you littleK, i'm still a bit weirded out.
0 Replies