Republicans using Healthcare as a political game.

ebrown p

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:11 am
@H2O MAN,

Quote:
... it is clear these children are worried that increased government funding for health insurance is a slippery slope to socialized medicine.

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:14 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:24 am
@ebrown p,

Putting a halt to Obamacare, and the rest of PrezBO's plans plus reversing the damage O boy has
done during his first 6 months in office is an excellent plan for saving this constitutional republic.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:33 am
@ebrown p,
Maybe, the current plans coming out of the House and Senate just plain suck.

Neither side can explain how it will work and somehow, others have figured out it would be too expensive.

So how come you are surprised this is a "political game"?

Even Governors have concerns.

BILOXI, Miss. - The nation’s governors, Democrats as well as Republicans, voiced deep concern yesterday about the shape of the healthcare bill emerging from Congress, fearing that the federal government is about to hand them expensive new Medicaid obligations without providing the money to pay for them.

The role of the states in a restructured healthcare system dominated the summer meeting of the National Governors Association here this weekend - with bipartisan animosity voiced against the Obama administration’s plan during a closed-door luncheon Saturday and in a private meeting yesterday afternoon with the secretary of health and human services, Kathleen Sebelius.

“I think the governors would all agree that what we don’t want from the federal government is unfunded mandates,’’ said Governor Jim Douglas of Vermont, a Republican who is the group’s incoming chairman. “We can’t have the Congress impose requirements that we are forced to absorb beyond our capacity to do so.’’

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2009/07/20/governors_balk_over_what_healthcare_bill_will_cost_states/
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:56 am
It seem pretty much everyone agrees that the current health care system is failing. One side apparently wants to see it continue to fail and the other apparently wants to fix it without it costing anything. Obama seems willing to listen to other solutions and amendments. (solutions other than just stonewalling just so no solutions can not be reached and this is the the party who claims to be protriots?) I just wish everyone would come together and offer viable solutions for the good the country and our health care and economy.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:56 am

Paul Ryan uncovers another inconvenient truth in health care bill
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:05 am
@revel,
Revel wrote:
It seem pretty much everyone agrees that the current health care system is failing.

I guess I'm one who is not convinced that the "current health care system is failing". Sure, it's expensive....but so are any number of good things. I've been part of the military health system (maybe the closest thing to US Govt led healthcare) and it's not a pretty picture. It is attractive because it costs little, but the quality of the care is sub-standard compared to what you get on the outside. I would only use it for the routine exams and tests. If faced with a true medical issue (and you have the means), there's no doubt that one should (and most do) opt for non-military health services.

Luckily there are private insurance plans that permit me to do this, but the current Congressional plan seems intent on destroying that option in order to preserve an even (lowest common denominator) quality of service to everyone.
Advocate

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:12 am
@slkshock7,
It is a lot more than the cost of our present system. It is such things as excluding people with preexisting health problems, the lack of portability of one's plan, losing one's coverage when losing a job, the soaring cost to an employer to cover employees, the advantage of competing countries that have a universal system, etc.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:16 am
@Advocate,

Obamacare has never been about improving health or the health care system in the US.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:26 am

Poll: Obama's Public Approval on Health Care Reform Slipping

Shocked Shocked Public approval of President Obama's management of health-care reform has fallen below
the 50 percent threshold for the first time, according to a new Washington Post--ABC News poll.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:28 am
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

Revel wrote:
It seem pretty much everyone agrees that the current health care system is failing.

I guess I'm one who is not convinced that the "current health care system is failing". Sure, it's expensive....but so are any number of good things.

It's not that it's 'expensive,' it's that it's unavailable to many. If you have a pre-existing condition (such as asthma, to use an example I'm well acquainted with) you can forget about getting any sort of affordable health coverage, unless your employer has a great plan. It should not bankrupt people to deal with health care issues, but it does - regularly.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:37 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

it's unavailable to many.

cyclotroll, that's a lie. A liberal democrat lie... health care is currently available to everyone that walks into an emergency room.

Obamacare will make it very easy to deny coverage and treatment to the masses because there will be a government middleman.

Why are you so eager to believe politicians that tell you how wonderful Obamacare will be when they themselves are exempt from it?
parados

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:48 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
cyclotroll, that's a lie. A liberal democrat lie... health care is currently available to everyone that walks into an emergency room.

You don't know much about health care there squirt.

If a person has leukemia and walks into an emergency room, do you really think they will be treated and will walk out so they don't have to come back?

How about about a person that has simple melanoma?

Why on earth would you want someone with melanoma to wait until they need to go to an emergency room before they are treated?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:51 am
everyone should go spend a day at the local emergency room and see what kind of care is going on there, and why...

(it's sad and scary in it's own right)
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:55 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

You don't know much about health care there squirt.

Every time you use the word "squirt" you verify that you, parasite (Parados,) are just
a liberal trolling the net for yet another load of man juice to be squirted on your face.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:57 am
it is truly a shame that 13 year old squirrels can zero and sniggle a discussion into ****...
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:59 am
@Rockhead,

It seems Dickhead is looking for the same thing parasite salivates for... maybe you two should hook-up.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:05 pm
ima show the rest of yas how this works,
you don't even need a button.

simply proceed talking about real stuff and if the fly buzzes by, it's simply a fly.

no response necessary. no real info from the fly. (he's been sitting on **** all day, so why bother...)
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:07 pm
@Rockhead,

Go away dickhead, you've got nothing.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:07 pm
most of the care I have received in the last 15 years has been in an emergency environment, and that system has its won set of problems without adding folks who are not in dire straits Medically.

how did that get to be the fallback for poor folks?
0 Replies