Is everyone on holiday or just slacking off?

Mame

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 11:38 pm
So many regulars have not been here lately and I miss them. Chai only pops in now and then, Shewolfnm even less, the ditcher. Set's been absent for a few days, Gus, of course, has been AWOL for quite some time except for the odd (and I do mean odd) comment or two, and where has Kicky been? Eva rarely contributes anymore and I miss her. JPB, Rocky - very infrequent, and we haven't heard hide nor hair from Marty Barker in ages. Cyclo, Georgeob1, Roxxx... are you all on threads I've thumbed down? WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 28 • Views: 8,334 • Replies: 135

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:37 am
@Mame,
I guess sites have a shelf life for people.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:45 am
@Mame,

The holiday was over on the 5th of July, but I was away for a convention.

David
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 03:51 am
@Mame,
Perhaps Kicky and the stripping therapist are, er, busy somewhere. I see Marty Barker and shewolf on Facebook a bit.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 03:57 am
@dlowan,
You could be right. What's wrong with the rest of us?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 04:44 am
Aw Geez ma, is this the end of A2K?.

I see no value in Facebook, Im just a dinosaur who hasnt realized that hes extinct.

We are taking a few days at the beach. We are mooching on my sister in laws beautiful beach joint in Delawhere.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 05:16 am
Well I've been here. <sniff>

But it looks very quiet around here & I get rather tired of talking to myself .... so I might leave it at this for tonight. Bye.
djjd62

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 05:35 am
okay so maybe i have been spending time on other sites but what i do in private is my own business , and furthermore................wait.........slacking off?..........nevermind Embarrassed
dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 06:43 am
@djjd62,
I have everyone (especially djjd) on ignore so I'm never here.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 06:51 am
@Mame,
Cyclo's been busy getting married. JPB hasn't been around much in forever (I miss her too). Roxxxanne has had her long absences before and seems to lose interest when politics isn't at peak intensity. I see Chai fairly often, maybe we happen to have coordinating schedules? Gus is also one to have long absences where we despair of ever seeing him again and wonder if the capybaras got him and then he finally turns up again. Dunno about the other people.

(For me, I mostly have very little free time indoors during the summer.)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 06:57 am
@Mame,
Gus and Kicky have apparently made love connections in this cold, cruel world, maybe Marty Baker has been as fortunate. I think Roxxxanne got tired of being attacked, or maybe we just knew too much about her former self and she would rather move to places where she has less of a history.
Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 07:22 am
Well, that explains it then. And I think a few people said this new site look didn't appeal to them.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 07:41 am
I'm still here. I'm finding fewer threads I'm interested in these days, and I very rarely start them, so I'm reading more than posting.

Plus, I still have a few more weeks left of summer break before teaching starts up again, so I'm most definitely slacking off. And not just here. It's "recharge time."

When do you leave for the frozen tundra again? Wink
Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 07:48 am
@Eva,
I leave Sunday morning and hopefully it won't be frozen. All my cold weather gear is in a storage locker in Vancouver! But I am sure it will be buggy Sad Glad to see you pop in, Eva.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:53 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

I'm still here. I'm finding fewer threads I'm interested in these days, and I very rarely start them, so I'm reading more than posting.

Ditto...

Mame wrote:
All my cold weather gear is in a storage locker in Vancouver!

Doubles as an apartment?
Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:57 pm
@Reyn,
not quite as expensive
Reyn

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 04:33 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
not quite as expensive

Funny I should have mentioned it, but look at THIS ARTICLE, and the location!
Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 04:38 pm
@Reyn,
that is FUNNY! thanks for the laugh, Reyn!

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 06:02 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
... I think Roxxxanne got tired of being attacked, ...

Doubtful.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 07:58 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I guess sites have a shelf life for people.

Well, that only makes sense when something goes stale.

I don't dig being instructed how to answer others questions, given rigid guidelines on how far I'm permitted to stray from the narrow parameters of a thread, or made to feel that I'm causing permanent pychological and emotional damage to someone by calling them on their ****. People are tougher than that.

I don't feel welcome here anymore, so why should I force myself on someone? That's not my style.

Maybe when the Acceptable Behavior Police take the collective sticks out of their ass, it won't feel like it's some sort of privilege to come here.

I've already been told that I am being "paid" here, in entertainment value, but if what's been going on here lately is any indication, I'm getting the shaft.

I guess that's all I have to say about that.