Is everyone on holiday or just slacking off?

msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:15 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
I hope you don't take this as unfriendly but what was your point in singling out one person? You could have just left it at the sentence above.

I hope you don't take this as unfriendly but what was your point in singling out only folk from the northern American continent, mostly from the US, as EVERYBODY, Mame? Wink :

Quote:
So many regulars have not been here lately and I miss them. Chai only pops in now and then, Shewolfnm even less, the ditcher. Set's been absent for a few days, Gus, of course, has been AWOL for quite some time except for the odd (and I do mean odd) comment or two, and where has Kicky been? Eva rarely contributes anymore and I miss her. JPB, Rocky - very infrequent, and we haven't heard hide nor hair from Marty Barker in ages. Cyclo, Georgeob1, Roxxx... are you all on threads I've thumbed down? WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

What are the rest of us, then? Chopped liver?

(Sorry, Mame, just couldn't help myself! Wink )
hamburgboy

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:26 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
Chopped liver?

chopped liver should be served with plenty of "schmaltz" on kimmel . Wink
hbg

http://www.bunrab.com/dailyfeed/dailyfeed_images_march-07/df07_03_01_pastrami.jpg

even better with some lean brisket on top of the chopped liver !
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:30 pm
@hamburgboy,
Quote:

chopped liver should be served with plenty of "schmaltz" on kimmel

OK. Injecting a bit of schmaltz now, hamburger.: After all, us plebs in unimportant places have feelings, too! <sniff>

Wink
hamburgboy

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:36 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
Injecting a bit of schmaltz now

injecting ??? a bit ???
it's to be spread on the kimmel rather liberally - it'll bring out the taste even better .
hbg
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:39 pm
@hamburgboy,
Oh I think possibly I've said quite enough already, hamburger! Smile
hamburgboy

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:45 pm
@msolga,
http://rlv.zcache.com/eating_at_schwartzs_deli_montreal_quebec_poster-p228126329043598092trma_400.jpg

ESS , ESS ! MEIN KIND !
and "schmatzen" is permitted ...
ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:46 pm
@msolga,
thanks for the earworm, MsO Laughing
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:48 pm
@hamburgboy,
Lovely photograph from Montreal, Quebec there, hamburger! Very Happy
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:49 pm
@ehBeth,
My pleasure .. I think (?), ehBeth! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:49 pm
@msolga,
Schwartz's and schmaltz mmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 09:23 pm
@hamburgboy,
Quote:
ESS , ESS ! MEIN KIND !

Boy ! Did I ever hear THAT a lot when I was a kid.
roger

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 09:41 pm
@panzade,
Riiight. You're not hungry? So hold it in your mouth; it's good for you.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:49 am
@georgeob1,
Hatteras, george? Love the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Where were you fishing? Which part of the Cape?
jespah

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 04:18 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Quote:
ESS , ESS ! MEIN KIND !

Boy ! Did I ever hear THAT a lot when I was a kid.

The S. S. Mein Kind was the name of my Dad's boat.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 08:26 am
I'm too busy to post much anymore and I feel like permanent damage was done to most of my relationships here during the last election cycle.

I'm so focused on such specific ansd few things lately that I have little to say of interest to anyone.
George

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 08:29 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Do what I do -- write uninteresting things.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 09:16 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I'm too busy to post much anymore and I feel like permanent damage was done to most of my relationships here during the last election cycle.

I'm so focused on such specific ansd few things lately that I have little to say of interest to anyone.

Forget politics, Bear. You have expertise on other subjects. When was the last time you and Gus got together on a thread? (That's always fun for us to read.)

As far as politics, some posters are doing nothing but attacking President Obama.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:48 am
@Letty,
Letty wrote:

Hatteras, george? Love the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Where were you fishing? Which part of the Cape?

Right out of Hatteras village itself. A friend has a rather large boat with rigs for about 8 lines. We did three days of fishing, after which 6 ft seas limited the joy of it all. Just a few sport catches, otherwise we did very well with 4 ft dolphins and the like (they can be surprisingly tough to bring in). Grilled fish & wine on the porch at sunset after a long day made it all very pleasant. I had not previously spent much time on the outer banks ('tho I flew around there over the many practice ranges in Albemarle Sound for many years.). At first glance the place doesn't seem like much. However the always changing pastel shades of sun, sky, sea and sand, and something in the atmosphere of the place makes it unique (in my experience) and very restful.

I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I've spent a LOT of time at sea and more didn't seem so great ("What did you see when you went to sea, daddy?" ... "I saw the sea".) However the place, the experience and the company were great. I can understand why you like it so.
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:06 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:

Well you (and Squinney) are always welcome here by me and many others as well. I always avoid the politics threads.

I hardly ever have interesting things to say, but post anyway.

We miss you!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:44 pm
@georgeob1,
nice post george. When I was a kid we would stay at Fenwick Island and I used to see the planes whizzing by on their way to the range, which I think was in Duck
0 Replies