Is everyone on holiday or just slacking off?

wandeljw

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:21 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

So many regulars have not been here lately and I miss them. Chai only pops in now and then, Shewolfnm even less, the ditcher. Set's been absent for a few days, Gus, of course, has been AWOL for quite some time except for the odd (and I do mean odd) comment or two, and where has Kicky been? Eva rarely contributes anymore and I miss her. JPB, Rocky - very infrequent, and we haven't heard hide nor hair from Marty Barker in ages. Cyclo, Georgeob1, Roxxx... are you all on threads I've thumbed down? WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

In answer to the question in the thread title: these people are all slackers, especially Cyclo who was too lazy to post while on his honeymoon.
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:46 am
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
this place does need a (naked ? INDEEDEE !!! Shocked who's first ? Rolling Eyes ) wake up call

just to straighten things out : i used to be "hamburger " - so have been around here for a while . somehow couldn't get my old identy back .

anyway ... i think we used to be a much easier going bunch imo .

can't remember who called me on the carpet - doesn't really matter - perhaps should have ignored it and posted some emoticons .

still wondering if the u.s. presedential election is being fought over and over again here . would that be a suitable topic , i wonder ?

for a canuck it might be futile to start it - comments anyone ?

will try to start some new topics later - going for a long walk first .

perhaps we might meet under this topic again and state any topics started or that we find particularly interesting ???

i'll put this under my FAVOURITES for easy reference .
g' day or g' nite to everyone - whichever it is .
hope to see ya later !
(still) hbg

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:54 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

So many regulars have not been here lately and I miss them. Chai only pops in now and then, Shewolfnm even less, the ditcher. Set's been absent for a few days, Gus, of course, has been AWOL for quite some time except for the odd (and I do mean odd) comment or two, and where has Kicky been? Eva rarely contributes anymore and I miss her. JPB, Rocky - very infrequent, and we haven't heard hide nor hair from Marty Barker in ages. Cyclo, Georgeob1, Roxxx... are you all on threads I've thumbed down? WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

'twas in Hawaii for 2 weeks, back now

Cycloptichorn
panzade

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:59 am
@hamburgboy,
Quote:
somehow couldn't get my old identy back .

Thought so. Welcome back hbg
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:05 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Where'd you go in Hawaii? And what'd you do, besides the obvious?

Did you go to a luau? Drive to the north coast to watch the surfers (on the Big Island)? Drink a Mai Tai or other fancy drink? Try kava at the Kava Hut? Go on a dinner cruise? Swim with the dolphins? Try paragliding? Buy me anything? What?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:17 am
@hamburgboy,
Hamburger! Welcome back! I hope you are doing okay. Maybe you and I can discuss Arctic territorial disputes again. I need to update my Arctic thread.
Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:17 am
@shewolfnm,
You insufferable tease!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:29 am
Cool
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:40 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
[...] Anyway, I think this place is both, an information source and a community. [...]

That's certainly the way I look at it.

wandeljw wrote:
It would be terrible if you and Gus were off at the same time.

I find that highly suspicious. I suspect a tryst. Wink

hamburgboy wrote:
g' day or g' nite to everyone - whichever it is .
hope to see ya later !(still) hbg

Nice to see you back Mr. H! You've been missed! Hope you are okay.
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:53 am
@wandeljw,
wj :
pretty slow on the arctic circuit right now ; i believe - just like on a2k - the politicians are in their hammocks !
ontario has been rather cool so far - but it's warm up in the yukon territory !

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/yt-15_metric_e.html

generally speaking , the weather has been somewhat topsy-turvy in canada - farmers' fields are either water-logged (in the east) or parched (in the west) .
you better do something about that pronto !

o ye , and the stockmarket is still jittery .
we canadians blame ALL our problems on the american president/government - whatever their political leanings are - can't you hear your ears hum ?
take care .
hbg
dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:21 am
@hamburgboy,
Hey hamburgler, nice to see you.
hamburgboy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:30 am
@dyslexia,
dys :

NICE TO SEE YOU and every one else !
hbg
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:34 am
just added two posts - anyone else post ?
hbg

afghanistan :

http://able2know.org/topic/125475-3#post-3706784

windfarms :

http://able2know.org/topic/134061-3#post-3706744
Mame

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 02:54 pm
@hamburgboy,
Oy, I'm posting just because I like you, HMBGR (can't call you 'boy' cuz you're older than me)... I like your posts and your attitude. And you can come into any one of my threads and derail it anytime - in fact, I welcome it Smile Feel free... I am inclusive of any and everything so help yourself!
panzade

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 02:56 pm
somehow, having hbg post again is comforting.

Have a nice weekend y'all...see you Monday
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 03:45 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
[...] HMBGR (can't call you 'boy' cuz you're older than me) [...]

That's why he's known to me as "Mr. H". Wink

And, yes, anyone feel free to derail my topics (should I ever happen to create any) should the opportunity arrive. Smile
Green Witch

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 03:56 pm
@Reyn,
I thought your official job title here was "Odd News Reporter".
Letty

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 04:04 pm
@Reyn,
I always enjoyed your topics, Reyn, because everyone could play.

I hate that the picture connection died as well as the Where Am I thread, because they were challenging. The picture connection was rather like a word game only with pictures.

Like Eva, I mostly read except for WA2K radio. I had truly hoped that folks from around the world would participate on that thread.

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 04:32 pm
@Green Witch,
Thanks GW and Letty.

I rarely report any odd news anymore. My most recent one HERE wasn't much of a success. It's my first one in a long, long time. So, there's a job open if someone wants it. Wink

I'm happier here when I'm just yakking with other folks and making a community of it.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 04:37 pm
oh it is nice to know I am not the odd ball out for once.

I too read alot, but do not feel the desire , nor see the opportunity to contribute much.

I hate, and I mean absolutely hate a few of the ' new' ( to me at least) posters we have. Pamela anyone?

and that just makes everything feel sour.