So do more people blame Obama for the economy already? Does anyone regret voting for him?

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 11:45 pm
I still like the guy and I don't regret my vote.

And I still don't blame him for the economy. He's only been in office for six months. Economic recoveries take much longer than that, and jobs always lag behind the rest of the recovery.

And things were awful. When he first took office, the dow jones was at 6500, now it's back up to 8500. It's hard to blame him for the economy when things were really horrible when he first got to the white house in the first place.

But I'm curious if that's how others feel.

Centroles

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 11:55 pm
@Centroles,
I don't see how you can blame democrats.

The republican had completely reins of all three branches of government from 2000 until the end of 2006. They had complete control over both houses of congress since 1994. The real estate and housing bubbles had been growing wildly uninterrupted those 6 years. All of the deregulation of banks and loans and houses happened during that time. People started defaulting on their mortgages in 2006, the first quarter of recession was in 2006.

So how can you blame the democrats for this?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 02:02 am
I agree with everything you've said so far.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:26 am
I am thankful to have as President an individual:
1. who knows how to study an issue.
2. who is gifted in speech.
3. who is respected by other leaders/countries.
4. who appears to represent the citizens of our large urban areas.
5. who understands that America is a blend of races, religion and cultures.
6. who accepts my non-Christian status as an Unitarian-Universalist.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 04:50 am
@Mapleleaf,

If only we had a president like you have described 1 through 5.

Centroles wrote:

So do more people blame Obama for the economy already?

Yes.
Obama owns the economy and the gargantuan deficit plus voters remorse is being experienced by more and more people.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 06:49 am

CAP & TAX was bad enough, but Obamacare may be the killer...

Shocked Obamacare Details

Additional Details Shocked

Obamacare is a Trojan Horse!!
parados

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 07:28 am
@H2O MAN,
You can use the large letters and the bold function Squirt. Good for you. You should be proud of yourself.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 07:33 am

All that liberal democrats can do in response to facts, logic and common
sense is launch more personal attacks against those they disagree with.
Gargamel

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 08:26 am
@H2O MAN,
Please explain, then, using facts, logic, and common sense, how Obama is responsible for a recession that began in late 2007.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 09:17 am
In order for one to regret a decision, the individual would have to believe that the rejected alternative would have, in retrospect, been a better choice. Or, in other words, for a voter to regret the decision to vote for Obama, that voter would have to believe that, all things considered, McCain would have been the better choice.

I don't think I could ever suffer that much regret.
Gargamel

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:05 am
@joefromchicago,
"How many seventy-two year olds did you see today...just doin' ****?"--Chris Rock on John McCain.
rabel22

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:25 pm
@Gargamel,
As to my decision to vote for Obama over Mc Cain no regrets what so ever. Am I happy with everything the president and congress are doing? Hell no!
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:32 pm
No regrets and don't blame him for the economy.

However, I'm not thrilled with his decisions to continue pushing the state secrets argument to try to get cases thrown out of court, his use of signing statements, or his Bush-lite Gitmo tribunals.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:34 pm
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:
Am I happy with everything the president and congress are doing? Hell no!

That's the sentiment most that voted for Obama share.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 02:36 pm
I don't blame Obama for the current financial mess, but then again, I don't blame Bush either. I save my blame for the people that actually caused it like poor consumers and greedy business investors and poor business decisions by those that should have known better.

I do not, however, think that the current administration is following the right path though. But, they have experts in economics working on it and I hope (!) that they are able bail us out without costing the US taxpayers too much more money. Would McCain have been better? I dunno. We will never really know now. We have what we have and regrets are fine and everything, but lets dwell on reality and what the Obama administration is doing about it. The have Congress and the Presidency all locked up on the Democratic side of the aisle and things are not improving much yet. We'll see what they do and hope they don't just keep their hands in the cookie jar until they get voted out, but instead actually accomplish something.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 04:42 pm
@Centroles,
Centroles wrote:
I still like the guy and I don't regret my vote.

I don't regret my vote either. He was the best guy for the job and he's doing fine given the nature of the political world he has to work within.
Pamela Rosa

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 03:15 am
@Mapleleaf,
Mapleleaf wrote:
2. who is gifted in speech.

This inept president is actually incapable of orating a single paragraph, without using a teleprompter.
He’s also using an earpiece to help him answer debate questions. I notice the pauses, as if he's waiting for words from someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqMdROiM8wU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjammiewearingfool%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F2009%2F06%2Fwizards%2Dof%2Duhhhs%2Ddiscusses%2Dnorth%2Dkorea%2Ehtml&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw&feature=fvw
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=262133&comments=1#comments

parados

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 06:48 am
@Pamela Rosa,
Quote:
I notice the pauses, as if he's waiting for words from someone.

Of course it could just be an intelligent person stopping to think before they speak.

You might want to get out of your normal circle of friends Pamela. You would see that it is common for a lot of people to think before they speak in the real world.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 06:53 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

He was the best guy for the job ...

I don't know if I'd say that.

He was the best guy that had a chance of winning on November 4th.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 06:57 am
@maporsche,
I voted for Obama but at the time I thought he was a white guy. Man I'm really sorry.