My ex-wife is having an affair, are our kids going to be affected?

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 08:48 pm
My ex wife is having an affair, he has two daughters. She feels it is none of my bussiness what she does in her life. My concern is, is this going to have an effect on our two kids who are my bussiness.
And is not telling someone something lying.

dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 09:16 pm
@suchan2009,
of course this will have an effect, they might also be affected, for the two kids, change is always difficult; on the other hand your ex-wife "having an affair" seems to indicate that you are of the opinion that your ex is cheating on you and that's what your concern is. Perhaps your ex is just that "your ex" and she is involved in a relationship (which you label as an "affair". I think you may be looking at the situation as being centered on you and using the kids being effected as a means to punish your ex.
just my opinion.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 09:32 pm
@suchan2009,
Burping in front of your kids is going to have an effect on them. (Don't believe me? Have a "burp party" with a five year old and then see how many years they remember it.(Three, and counting, for me.))

Sometimes the effect of your parents having a new realationship is bad.

Sometimes it is "Wow. She ditched that posessive jerk and found love again. Cool."
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:24 pm
I agree that everything has an effect on kids to a greater or lesser extent.

I also agree with dys. If she's your ex, this is not an affair. Unless she's in a relationship with someone and is cheating on that person.
NickFun

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:45 pm
My ex-wife was constantly having affairs. However, there were no kids involved and the affairs were not of the opposite sex so it's OK.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 01:31 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
I also agree with dys. If she's your ex, this is not an affair. Unless she's in a relationship with someone and is cheating on that person.

Or if she's in a relationship with someone else who is married-maybe technically she's not HAVING the affair but she's an integral part of the affair.
I'd be upset if my hypothetical ex were putting my kids in the middle of such a situation - sure. But what can you do about it?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 03:26 am
@suchan2009,
When and if there is a blow back that have a harmful effect on your children then you can go to a court to see if you could get some change of custody, but until then it is hundred percent none of your business in my opinion.

But you can always run it by a lawyer.
nivesh

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 05:10 am
@BillRM,
well i think that u still love her and u are concerned about the kids but are the kids ur main concern or she is ...

no offence but move on and u just be a Dad to them and they will choose one day who to be with...
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 04:37 pm
Are you saying that your ex-wife is now having a relationship with a man and you are concerned about how the kids are dealing with that?

It is a legitimate concern, especially if this person is spending the night at the house when the kids are there.

How old are the kids?

BillRM

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 05:10 pm
@sullyfish6,
Are you saying that your ex-wife is now having a relationship with a man and you are concerned about how the kids are dealing with that?

It is a legitimate concern, especially if this person is spending the night at the house when the kids are there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but the courts does not view another sexual partner being around children as a cause of concern unless there is something in that partner background that would indicate he or she should not be around children.

Otherwise the man in a divorce could stop the ex-wife from moving on with her life or the man could not have the children over to his home with his new girl friend either.

See any divorce lawyer for more details.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 05:26 pm
@BillRM,
For a change, I agree completely with BillRM.
0 Replies

nycfunction

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 10:56 am
@suchan2009,
Of course, kids are always the victims when adults behave like children.
Human selfishness is beyond my understanding.
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:30 am
@nycfunction,
And how is going on with your adult sex life acting like a child or being selfish or turning children into victims?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 01:24 am
@nycfunction,
Is there some reason you need to scream to make your point? Do you think any of us will pay attention to big fat letters?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 01:26 am
@ossobuco,
Gather your thoughts and we'll talk about them.
0 Replies