i ******* hate watching videos of polic egetting the **** beat out of them..

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:42 pm
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:

I cant explain it, ever since school authority figures have hated me and humiliated me..

all i ever did was work hard, obey every rule..
(yes, thats what i did, im not lying)

You aren't lying, you are delusional. You don't work hard, you say you can't even handle a cash register job.

And no, you don't obey the rules, just a couple of posts up you decided the ones on drugs aren't for you.

I happen to agree with you about the drug laws but don't act like you aren't making your own bed here.

Quote:
and yet they still convict me, hes guilty! hes guilty!
all i ever did was work hard as possible, study, work, read, learn, and fail. hahaha i didnt ditch school until my junior year LOL!

Work hard? Study? You write like a 14-year-old using text messages. When you come here with your sob story I try to think of ways I can help find you better work etc, but each and every time I run into the fact that I can't possibly recommend someone who writes like you do because the only jobs I know of are office jobs and internet jobs, both of which require capital letters and punctuation.

Do you make any effort to communicate like an adult? No. So how the hell are you going to get some kind of job other than cash register? If you can't stand that kind of work you've been stuck in why don't you learn how to present yourself more professionally?

Quote:
Perhaps being convicted as guilty by everyone has put me into the state of mind that i AM guilty,well, i dont think im guilty, i know im innocent... i will recieve the punishment..i didnt do something wrong but ill pay for it anyways.so im in the state of mind im gonna get punished regardless of my actions..(so why not break the rules if im paying the price already?)

You aren't being "punished". You are just blaming your failures on your circumstances.

When I was a teenager I ended up homeless. Cops used to harass me all the time. They'd pick me up (for violating curfew, due to the whole homeless thing) and when they found out my parents weren't in the country they'd just drop me off a few towns away. I'd have to spend the night walking back.

I hated them too. But I didn't spend all my time whining about how unfair my life was. I worked my ass off to make it different.

Quote:
doesnt being convicted wrongly really **** with your head?

Convicted? Some cop is rude to you and you are playing martyr?

Quote:
doesnt being the best (because i worked hard GODFUCKINGDAMNIT) and reaping no reward while lazy fucks get the trophy everytime start to make u angry? And then when you refuse to participate, they get angry again! yet again!

You aren't the best, and no you don't work hard. You can't even be bothered to capitalize and punctuate your sentences and speak coherently. Quit deluding yourself into thinking you are working hard enough and life is unfair.

Quote:
im the epitome of damned if you do, damned if you dont, the absolute pinnacle of that expression..

Trust me, if you quit blaming the world for your problems you can pick yourself up by your own bootstraps.

Quote:
haha. man, u know what, talking about it doesnt help at all..

you judge me the same as everyone else anyways.

Nonsense, I know plenty of hard workers who aren't lazy whiners like you. I'd not dream of judging them the same way.

Quote:
hrm , but if everyone judges me the same doesnt that mean it is my fault?

You may be onto something there Einstein.

Quote:
but i dont know what to do! if i obey, i get fucked, if i disobey, i get fucked.. its ******* relentless, ridiculous..

It's life. And it happens to all of us and the big difference is that most of us don't sit around whining like you do.

Quote:
neverending torture. everyday.. maybe theres just something wrong with me.i guess ill have to assume thats the case, its unanimous so far. haha. meh. oh wellz.

jesus, i dont even know anymore...

Stop playing poor me. Better yourself.

I dreamed of having the opportunities you do, I had to work years before I had a computer or a video game. I never had a chance to get a formal education but that didn't stop me.

In the time that it has taken you whining here on A2K you could have learned something to better yourself. You don't need to be in college to be learning and improving your lot in life. Why aren't you doing something with yourself? I slept 4 hours a day and worked 7 days a week for years while living on a couch. What are you willing to do other than whine?

Reading you is so frustrating for me, because all the kids I grew up with had it much worse than you and the ones who didn't make it were the ones who spent all their energy blaming the world instead of getting out.
sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:54 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Nodding rather emphatically.

Good to see it coming from Robert, who has been there done that cred. Ogionik reminds me a LOT of the people I used to work with in L.A., though their chosen excuse was deafness. It helped a lot when I could get in their face and say hello, I'm deaf too, that makes things hard for sure but it's not an insurmountable barrier. Stop whining, start working, you'll get somewhere (and they did).

And Ogionik? These kids were really, really similar to you in terms of their circumstances except they weren't white and they were deaf. They had more barriers, but when they got that work ethic going they accomplished stuff. All of 'em.
Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:35 pm
@sozobe,
ok...WTF? Now he says he has a job? (Of course, he's complaining about shift work already). See the following link:

http://able2know.org/topic/134085-1

This guy is all over the place and you can't tell what is truth and what is fiction! It's all too rich for my blood. For those that care, check that thread out.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:41 pm
@Robert Gentel,
you say the words, but they arent true.

Quote:
I slept 4 hours a day and worked 7 days a week for years while living on a couch. What are you willing to do other than whine?-----You aren't lying, you are delusional. You don't work hard, you say you can't even handle a cash register job.

And no, you don't obey the rules, just a couple of posts up you decided the ones on drugs aren't for you.

I happen to agree with you about the drug laws but don't act like you aren't making your own bed here.

i did work hard, i know you have never worked over 80 hours in a week, have you ?(97 to be exact for 3 months)

so uhh, i slept on the floor ^_^ (this is funny to me now, knowing other people had it bad)...

working 12 hour and 16 hour shifts. 6 days a week though.only 3 hours open between shifts usually to sleep, and guess what i couldnt do? sleep.

by the way, idgaf about my typing, i agree with davids take on it, im here to talk to people, not ******* be a spell checker.

the scores i got in english on my sats put me in the top 1% in the nation. and i could care less what people think about my grammar.

sorry, i do whine. oh well.

can i ask why u didnt buy a bed to sleep on?

your answer is my problem.

i really dont see how u had it worse.

my mom smoked crack meth and drank while she was pregnant with me, did yours? (how exactly do people cope with this ****?hahahahahahhaahhaha ok ok im feeling better now)

was your mother a prostitute?(i hope not)

i grew up in abject poverty, no *decent* clothes to wear, little if any food to eat?
no haircuts?
child haven?
power getting turned off?
for months?
ever had nothing to eat but moldy pizza?getting beat by my moms and aunts random boyfriends? by my dad?seeing my family getting molested and ****..

FROZEN ******* moldy pizza at that LOL!

true yeah i should just get over, better yet i am over it.wow, thinking about this **** sucks, so i probablly shouldnt..

how about that. k done talking about the subject .

i guess i should just think about the people who have it worse and be done with it.

drugs still dont make me a criminal. =P
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:43 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

ok...WTF? Now he says he has a job? (Of course, he's complaining about shift work already). See the following link:

http://able2know.org/topic/134085-1

This guy is all over the place and you can't tell what is truth and what is fiction! It's all too rich for my blood. For those that care, check that thread out.

umm, its all truth bro.
take that how u will. well some of my viewpoints are hypothetical, the circumstances real, but im not as anti establishment as i seem, i just want to know why the government does detrimental **** to itself and the citizens.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:46 pm
@OGIONIK,
and uhh i worked everyday (since i was 17)until about a half a year after i discovered this website, so umm, yeah.

i guess it might help not to have sights set on college, well **** i didnt want to keep working those jobs, and fuckit. nevermind.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:54 pm
@OGIONIK,
the problem here is that you're totally full of ****. You're so delusional that you have no idea if the stuff you say is true or it's aomething that dreamt up to fill your entertainment quotient.

You're fired as you no longer are an entertainment source. Somehow you got a job around the time that people were criticizing you for how lazy you are!

Many people have been compassionate towards you but can they still have any interest? Sympathy for you wears off quickly. You even swear at those people who came to help you.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:57 pm
@Ragman,
umm... its cuz im looking for work you dipshit.

but i could care less what you think of me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dont exalt yourselves too much.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 06:00 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

the problem here is that you're totally full of ****. You're so delusional that you have no idea if the stuff you say is true or it's aomething that dreamt up to fill your entertainment quotient.

You're fired as you no longer are an entertainment source. Somehow you got a job around the time that people were criticizing you for how lazy you are!

Many people have been compassionate towards you but can they still have any interest? Sympathy for you wears off quickly. You even swear at those people who came to help you.

i dont quite see how delusional works, that would mean i was making it up.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 06:01 pm
I wouldn't conceive of intervening, as Robert can respond.

I will say that from your self presentation, no one would guess you did well on the verbal part of the SAT, if you did, and it is too bad you don't care about that. Your inchoate rage is always hanging out, or seems to be, and is in your way.

I'm somewhat sympathetic about the presentation part as my own scores were excellent but I mess up on grammar, spelling, syntax, and, on top of all that, purposely play with words and post when tired or with too much wine on a2k. On the other hand, I've developed some professional success in different fields over several decades.

A common gripe to you is "stop the whining". I'd listen to that. Did you somehow get trained that that is useful?

I'll add, show up, if this Sony thing isn't a phantasm.
0 Replies

Ragman

@OGIONIK,
You're once again delusional: Your own words in the other thread: "I got a job...doing technical support/customer service for sony.

there is alot of people my age working there."
OGIONIK

@OGIONIK,
wow just wow.

if i wanted to make **** up id go to ******* 4chan scrubs.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 06:04 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

You're once again delusional: Your own words in the other thread: "I got a job...doing technical support/customer service for sony.

there is alot of people my age working there."
what the ****?

thats cuz the bitch called me u ******* dumbass.
she called me yesterday but i didnt know the interview was like 8 questions OVER THE PHONE. i thought i still had to interview and ****.
good lord.

ive only been unemployed 3 months. well since january LOL.
fuckkk sorta long time...

my cousin worked there last year. i play, err use to play world of warcraft with like 15 people who worked there.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 06:05 pm
@OGIONIK,
lol u think i come here and make **** up LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

like when i lost my wallet thread, everyone said i was making that **** up for attention.

this **** happens folks.

hahahahha, ok ok ok ok SERIOUSLY.

wowowowowowooww.
hahahahahahahahha

hahahaha

ok, yeah one more.

LoL.
TTH

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 06:55 pm
@OGIONIK,
Police enforce the laws, they don't make them. Society (you & me) decides what the laws are and we hire police to enforce those laws we have. Your beef appears not to be with the police, but with society and the laws that we have in place. No society in the history of the planet has ever survived without some type of order and a means to enforce that order.

The tactics employed by our police to enforce our laws may not be perfect but the alternative, anarchy, is even worse. Even though you might not like the police, who would you plan on calling if you were a victim of a crime and the police did not exist? Don't tell me you would handle it yourself because if you could, then you wouldn't be a victim.

If you think you have life bad here in the USA, then maybe you should go to another country and see how other people live under their laws. Then you might appreciate what rights we have here.

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 06:55 pm
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:
i did work hard, i know you have never worked over 80 hours in a week, have you ?(97 to be exact for 3 months)

Of course. I just told you that I spend years, not "3 months", working close to 20 hour days, 7 days a week. I currently do well over 80 hours a week and so do many others.

Quote:
by the way, idgaf about my typing, i agree with davids take on it, im here to talk to people, not ******* be a spell checker.

the scores i got in english on my sats put me in the top 1% in the nation. and i could care less what people think about my grammar.

Then get used to retail types of jobs. Nobody is going to care about your SAT in an office, but they will care if you write like that. It might sound nice to you to dismiss what anyone else thinks about your grammar, but your grammar may play a part in your success. You only have yourself to blame for your attitude about this.

If you are leaving better jobs off the table just because you can't be bothered to write properly then you shouldn't complain about your lot in life. This is something you can do to improve it but you've decided instead that you just don't care.

Quote:
sorry, i do whine. oh well.

This can hurt you too. Not just in that people on a message board might get fed up with you but because it will also impede your career progress.

The whiny folk in companies don't do well. In the last company I worked they actively sought out and got rid of all the people who were whiners as they saw it as a "cancer" for morale.

Quote:
can i ask why u didnt buy a bed to sleep on?

I was kicked out of my home and dropped of in another country when I was 13. I had places to live for the most part till I was around 16. Then my legal guardian told me I had 15 minutes to pack and he'd drop me off somewhere. At that point I became homeless briefly.

Quote:
your answer is my problem.

i really dont see how u had it worse.

The point wasn't to convince you of my misery. But if you really think your situation is so awful then I'll explain it to you very simply.

I was not permitted to attend school till I was kicked out of the cult I grew up in. I then attended part of 7th grade and 9th grade before I became homeless and just went ahead and got my GED.

I'm not going to give you a sob story about how hard many other things were but I want you to understand that every kid I grew up with had to overcome greater challenges. I know very well how challenging poverty and educational barriers are. But the group of kids I grew up with in this cult have largely overcome them.

We didn't just have bad US-type poverty. Many of us got our start on our own with no experience outside the cult, no education, no family and often in countries we had no familiarity with (sometimes we didn't even speak the language).

And I'm trying to tell you just how beatable these odds are if you are only willing to discipline yourself and make the right choices.

Quote:
my mom smoked crack meth and drank while she was pregnant with me, did yours? (how exactly do people cope with this ****?hahahahahahhaahhaha ok ok im feeling better now)

was your mother a prostitute?(i hope not)

No my mother didn't do drugs. But as to the prostitute question I'm going to have to say that's ambiguous, as this cult practiced a form of religious prostitution that is not at all what you have in mind but that may be worse.

Many of the kids I grew up with were the product of this freaky practice. They even had a nickname, "Jesus Babies". Regular prostitution would have been a lot less complex of a situation.

Want to know how people cope with it? People cope with these things by not letting them stop them. People cope with these things by realizing that these things in their past can only affect them as much as they are willing to let them.

If you act like you've been dealt an unbeatable hand by life it will likely play out that way. But if you decide that you aren't going to let your past serve as an excuse for your future then you will finally do something about it.

Quote:
i grew up in abject poverty, no *decent* clothes to wear, little if any food to eat?

So did I OGIONIK. I know how limiting it is. I went though 9th grade with 3 pairs of pants. I remember being ridiculed about not having my haircut, not having any decent shoes. I stole lunch every day because I didn't qualify for assistance (remember, parents are deadbeats in anther country and never bothered to file taxes, so I can't prove I'm poor) and I went door to door mowing lawns and doing odd jobs to survive.

When I became homeless I lived in a dugout (it was off the street at least and the cops rarely found me there), I would go to the public gym to shower and I would buy "Mini-thins", a meth-based over-the-counter drug at the time that would curb my appetite. They cost $4 a bottle and that was cheaper than food.

I really do know what it's like OGIONIK. And I'm still here to tell you that you can beat it and that it all starts with not using your circumstances as an excuse anymore.

Quote:
no haircuts?
child haven?
power getting turned off?
for months?
ever had nothing to eat but moldy pizza?getting beat by my moms and aunts random boyfriends? by my dad?seeing my family getting molested and ****..

FROZEN ******* moldy pizza at that LOL!

I do know moldy pizza. I had a friend who worked as a pizza delivery boy and he managed to pilfer me a pizza that I lived on for two weeks.

My mom cut my hair most of my life. It wasn't even as good as a bowl cut, she just cut a straight line over my eyes and the rest of my hair grew out. I looked like a girl.

When I got older I couldn't afford haircuts either, so I cut my own hair. I'm telling you OGIONIK, you aren't the first poor person to walk the planet.

And yes, I did grow up witnessing a lot of abuse, many of the kids I grew up with suffered some pretty horrific things.

And I'm telling you once again, you can beat it.

Quote:
true yeah i should just get over, better yet i am over it.wow, thinking about this **** sucks, so i probablly shouldnt..

That's the realest thing I've ever heard you say OGIONIK. You are right, you shouldn't. You shouldn't dwell on your situational misery. You should put your past behind you where it belongs and forge your own future.

The sooner you stop thinking and talking about your past misery the sooner you can change your life for the better.

Just ask yourself, do you want something better or do you just want to keep blaming your past for your lot in life. Of course your past had given you obstacles. But they don't have to be there forever. You are an adult now, you are the master of your own life.

Now that you are at the wheel you can't keep blaming where you are going on the previous driver.

Quote:
how about that. k done talking about the subject .

i guess i should just think about the people who have it worse and be done with it.

No, it doesn't end there. Just thinking of all the starving children in Africa never did a thing to help me. And I know just how pointless it can be to you that others have it worse.

The point is perspective OGIONIK. If peers and I can overcome a cult upbringing with no education, heaps of abuse and even more poverty then so can you. The point wasn't just that you should be happy that others have it worse. I certainly wasn't happy and I'm not telling you that you should be at all. I'm just telling you that it's beatable.

And yes the first step is to put the past behind you. The ones who obsessed about it didn't do well. In fact a lot of them ended up dead.

Quote:
drugs still dont make me a criminal. =P

I've had a long history with drugs, and I'm not here to pull a "drugs are bad, mmkay" speech for you. Honestly I think that isn't the biggest of your problems.

Your defeatist attitude and your chip on your shoulder are going to be the big things to overcome. Once you get past your past you need to address your authority issues. You know very well that the things I tell you about how you write can make a big difference to your success but you choose instead to brush it off and not care. You'd rather say "**** the world" than learn to present yourself well to the world and that's not going to hurt anyone but yourself.

Those are the little decisions that you need to get right OGIONIK. You are closing many doors for yourself just because you don't want to buckle down and use capital letters and punctuation. You are closing doors for yourself because you decide that certain things you just can't hack and aren't willing to put up with. You are closing doors for yourself by accepting your procrastination.

Don't accept excuses anymore. I am about 5 years older than you and I got out of my personal hell right around your age. You can do it too if you drop the attitude and make the right choices.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 07:19 pm
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:
i dont quite see how delusional works, that would mean i was making it up.

"Making it up" would mean that you are lying.

"Delusional" means that you believe something that isn't real. That you are persecuted. That you are "too good" for where you are. That you don't whine and make excuses for yourself. That you aren't a criminal when you break the law.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 07:55 pm
@Robert Gentel,
whew! What a life and what a screenfull! This type of self-disclosure can not come easily. How long and hard it must have been?!

The fact that you didn't throw in the towel a long time ago, speaks volumes about your strength of character. Somewhere along the way, you were given good guidance or could this be self-generated? I'm thinking about someone with such a history and is also responsible for the current existence of this forum.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 10:18 pm
I am really dazzled by the way Robert tries to mentor you. I've seen him do it several times over the years. You have no idea how lucky you are to have someone who did indeed pull himself up tell you that you can do it to.

You have someone who invests the time to lay it on the line, spell it out, and try to help you and you don't even listen.

Sad.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 10:48 pm
I think hes stoned.