i'm a married man and i'm in love with my ex what do i do

JustLeSha

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 08:02 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Correct, I'm biased. My bias is not a bad thing. Anyone's opinion is a bias. In my case, the bias is based on experience as I've found that most 13-yr-olds haven't gained the life experience to offer an adult advice on romance and marriage.

just because I myself have not gained the life experience to offer an adult romantic advice does not mean that i dont see what goes on in other peoples lives
my parents went through a very similar situation, and i listened to my mom as she told the story countless times
mostly i was giving advice based on the CHILD'S point of view and LESS about the ADULT'S point of view, yet listening to his story, i understood that he wasnt the ONLY one contributing to the downfall of their marriage
Ragman wrote:

However, if you do offer advice on what emo is then you're in your correct area of expertise.

yes, i suppose i do offer good advice on what is emo, and what is not, but that is mostly because when i become passionate about the things i am most interested in, i do my research, and therefore, i can honestly say that at that point, i understand the entire thing, its background, what it is, and what it is not
yet, that is not the ONLY thing that i will give advice on
that is because of how i am taught to be as a person
i am taught to help other people no matter what, and always provide them with a second opinion, and a shoulder to lean on
excuse me if i am not doing this to your liking because of my age, but i dont think it is right that if i were 10-20 years younger, and gave the EXACT same advice, that you would actually treat it any better, that is what i consider to be rude, and completely inappropriate
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 08:09 am
@JustLeSha,
Thanks you as you've proved to me that clearly this is not the voice nor the vocabulary of a 13-yr old. No one is stalking you here - certainly not me. You provided the information about your alleged age. Why pretend to be a 13-yr-old? It's just plain creepy.
JustLeSha

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 09:19 am
@Ragman,
what? i AM 13! and im NOT creepy! wait a sec! why do you think that im older than i really am? im NOT im just very smart for my age! i scored all level threes on the state test, and im in advanced classes! im so smart because i dont like the other children! they're stupid and incompetent to understand me! i dont fit in! just why do you think im not 13?! dang, this sucks! how old do you think i am?
Ragman

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 09:30 am
@JustLeSha,
good luck on A2K and in life. Feel free to ignore my comments. I wish you well.
JustLeSha

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 09:59 am
@Ragman,
thank you (for the well wishing), and its not so much that i dont like your comments nor your opinions, but so much that i mind the slight bit of prejudice you showed towards me because of my age (are you now convinced of my real age?) i wish you well also
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 10:36 am
@JustLeSha,
Ragman is right of course, almost always the young think that they know a lot, and again almost always when they grow up they look back with the understanding that in their youth they knew nothing. It does take living (aka age) to acquire wisdom about life, about they ways of humans. This is not predjudice, this is reality.

JustLeSha

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 03:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
the fact of the matter is that i happen to think that i dont know anything, and that i have to study hard to come to know at least half of everything! im just offering my humble opinion, and i get it shot down not because its invalid, but because of my age, and i believe that this is wrong, and i will do anything in my power to eliminate whatever is wrong, all i wanted was an apology, and since i received it (kinda) then now i am satisfied. and i can look back less than a week ago, and know that i knew nothing

plus, havent you ever heard of the saying "old fool" it most certainly is not an oxymoron! old as in age, and fool as in unwise, so your point of wisdom coming with age is not entirely true! wisdom comes with people not only living, but also learning, so therefore i may not just be wise because of the living part, but mostly about the learning part, so when i do come of an older age, hopefully i am very wise
vikorr

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 12:16 am
@JustLeSha,
Quote:
im just offering my humble opinion, and i get it shot down not because its invalid, but because of my age, and i believe that this is wrong,

JustLeSha,

Ragman is baiting you.

That said, just so you know, there's a few problems with your original post that set this all off :

Quote:
what he needs to do in the first place is tell his wife that she spends too much time at church, and it makes him feel lonely, which is exactly why he started to see his ex more often,
This won’t be entirely correct " such things are only ever PART of the story

Quote:
and they have devoloped a deep relationship which is a contributing factor to their marriage failing.
Again...if this is the case, it is still only part of the story, and it’s not necessarily a good idea to bring this aspect up (because all the other issues usually get pushed to the side by this issue)

Quote:
i think both parties in this relationship need to realize that this marriage is failing because they just arent working it out

This goes without saying.

Quote:
another problem with this "relationship" he has with his ex is that he's just being selfish. not only is he not thinking about the importance of his wife's feelings, but he is also not considering that this "homewrecker" will affect his child's future
This statement, is both true, and an oversimplification. There’s not just his selfishness involved, but also her selfishness. He’s likely briefly considered how the other girl influences things, but hopes not to get caught, and hopes to sort his life out.

Quote:
speaking as a divorced kid, i can say that if the ex were to take the father from the kid, then it wont be too happy, and it will mostly blame itself,
Depends on the age of the child, how much the child sees of the fighting, how much the child sees the hurt the parents endure, and special qualities of the child.

Quote:
and probably become emo (theres NOTHING wrong with being emo, i am)

This is a bit dramatic. Depending on many factors, the child may become an emo.
Quote:
does he WANT to kill his child?

Overly Dramatic. The percentage of children that committ suicide over such is incredibly small. What does asking the question achieve?
Quote:
does he want to make his wife feel useless?
Drama, and blaming one side for this without enough information.
Quote:
im sure he doesnt, so he should see who is more important in his life...his wife...or his ex...
If it were as simple as that, these things would rarely happen.

As you can see, that's most of your post. I disagree with Ragman and the others on this. Your post does read to me like a 13 yr old. I had an very good vocubulary when I was quite young too. Most of your post reads quite legitimately from the point of view of a young person. It just lacks experience to see the complexities, and as many young people do, overly highlights parts that reflect their own experiences / lessons from from. Stick with it, you'll enjoy what you learn.
JustLeSha

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:41 pm
@vikorr,
i didnt say that it WOULD become emo, i said that it could POSSIBLY, and about the killing the child, i didnt mean it LITERALLY, i meant as in emotionally, and i do suppose you are correct about the whole age of the child, but the issue isnt that, i didnt have a problem while my parents were getting divorced, but instead AFTER because they would fight non stop until recently, and i didnt just mean that HE was being selfish, his ex sounds selfish too, because she is using mind games to do things such as make him think harder that he is dissapointing her, and he's not just making his wife feel useless, you can tell from what he is typing that she is making him feel rather useless also, and thank you for realizing that i truly am young, and not a creep for that matter
0 Replies