Osama bin Laden as America's savior

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

FreeDuck wrote:

We're talking about missiles, not nuclear weapons.

Do you understand these missiles are simply a delivery system?

Yes. Does that mean that we aren't discussing the missiles anymore? If you want to talk about nuclear weapons that are smuggled into the country, well, I doubt that missile defense systems, which is what you brought up, would help us with that.

BTW, Iranian missiles cannot reach the US, nor can N. Korea's (yet, they're working on it.) This is a nice little diversion but it doesn't answer the charge that Beck and guest are making baseless accusations. Did you watch the whole segment? Did you have any idea what they were talking about?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:15 pm

You admit N. Korea is working on missiles that could reach the continental US
and yet you fully support Obama cutting the budget for missile defense... Rolling Eyes

You know Iran is the #1 buyer of N. Korean missiles and that they wish to rain nuclear tipped
weapons on several countries... yet you fully defend Obama's cutting funds for missile defense... Rolling Eyes

Did you have any idea what they were talking about?
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You admit N. Korea is working on missiles that could reach the continental US
and yet you fully support Obama cutting the budget for missile defense... Rolling Eyes

I have professed no support, but only pointed out that cutting missile defense is not evidence that he's not serious about our national security.

Quote:
You know Iran is the #1 buyer of N. Korean missiles and that they wish to rain nuclear tipped
weapons on several countries... yet you fully defend Obama's cutting funds for missile defense... Rolling Eyes

I don't know that, and I'm not defending anything. I don't have enough information to know. But you said they already could reach us. So clearly you also don't have the facts.

Quote:

Did you have any idea what they were talking about?

No. I've already said as much. It was like listening to two drunks.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
You admit N. Korea is working on missiles that could reach the continental US and yet you fully support Obama cutting the budget for missile defense...

You know Iran is the #1 buyer of N. Korean missiles and that they wish to rain nuclear tipped weapons on several countries... yet you fully defend Obama's cutting funds for missile defense...

These are the most coherent thoughts you've expressed in quite a while, and yet they still doesn't make any sense.

First, I suspect our anti-missile capability is still progressing much faster than N. Korea's delivery capabilities. In fact, a few stealth fighters would suffice to put an end to N. Korea's ambitions for quite a while. N. Korea is simply not a credible threat. If and when they are capable of threatening the US, and they make the insane choice to do so, they will be pounded to flinders.

Next, you seem to be implying that the missile defense system that you're crazy about is supposed to protect the Middle East. Are you quite sure that's in the mission plan, or are you just blowing smoke out your ass?
McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:58 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

I had a hope that watching the whole thing would make it somehow less bad, but no luck. You can see it here. It's a jimble jamble of ideas that I find it hard to follow and frankly Beck sounds confused as well. They hop around from border control to terrorism to military deployments outside the country and for the life of me none of it makes sense. Can anybody follow what this is about? Beck sounds like a paranoid doomsdayer, and Scheuer, I don't know what to make of him at all. Maybe there's another conversation in there that makes sense, but I couldn't find it.

Ok, so the conversation was quick and bounced about, yet so many people here are ready to crucify the guy for something he said off the top off his head in a conversation that was quick and flowing...

Try to treat that like the guy had been sitting down critically thinking about his words and choosing just the right ones to show his thought process...

This is why I added what I did... to complete the thought process that I was easily able to interpret, yet so many here can't grasp that and are even getting hostile about it.

Pretty ******* stupid. Yet, the guy said something that distresses so many of you that you just can't bring yourself to think about it logically. I am sure that you are able to translate the many idiotic things stated by liberals.

At any rate, I am outta here for a break. Have a good one folks. Vacation calls.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 09:10 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
You admit N. Korea is working on missiles that could reach the continental US and yet you fully support Obama cutting the budget for missile defense...

You know Iran is the #1 buyer of N. Korean missiles and that they wish to rain nuclear tipped weapons on several countries... yet you fully defend Obama's cutting funds for missile defense...

These are the most coherent thoughts you've expressed in quite a while, and yet they still doesn't make any sense.

LOL!

N. Korea is half of the threat, Iran and Muslim extremist terrorists make up the other half of the threat.

N. Korea is not a direct threat, but their ability to supply others with missiles becomes a direct threat to the US and her allies.

IMO, the more missile defense capabilities we have positioned around the globe the better.

DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 07:34 am
@H2O MAN,
Well if you're going to go in for paranoia then you will never feel safe enough.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 07:41 am
@DrewDad,

If you choose to continuously ignore the inevitable then you will be the victim.
You will then blame someone else for your being a victim... how very liberal of you.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 08:56 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Ok, so the conversation was quick and bounced about, yet so many people here are ready to crucify the guy for something he said off the top off his head in a conversation that was quick and flowing...

Did you watch it? It wasn't that it was quick, it was that it was logically all over the place. And that's mostly Glenn Beck, not his guest.

Quote:
Try to treat that like the guy had been sitting down critically thinking about his words and choosing just the right ones to show his thought process...

Perhaps I'm too disconnected from any thought process that causes the words "only Osama can do it", where "do it" means saving our country, to come out of someone's mouth. I mean, the guy spent a lot of his career working on the Osama problem so clearly he's developed some sort of respect for the guy, but I don't see in what world such a thing makes sense.

Quote:
Pretty ******* stupid.

Yes, but not us. This wasn't some out of context remark or the words of someone put on the spot who didn't have time to formulate an opinion or was equivocating in any way. Watching the whole video makes it worse, not better, and even adding words doesn't improve it. To see my point, imagine he was saying it in 2002, when Bush was president?
0 Replies