Osama bin Laden as America's savior

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:53 pm
Wow. I am sure glad you guys are here to pick up the slack and pat each other on the back. The world is a much better place for it.

I hope, someday, that I can be as perfect as you guys are that I know exactly what someone is saying because I read a transcript. I mean everyone knows that what they read is the truth and no amount of context will ever change what was actually written down.

I applaud your attention to detail and the firmness of your belief. It's like talking to people on the creationist threads that know they are right because they, too, read what was written and no amount of context will change their minds either. I hope you enjoy being in the same class of people and you should be proud of your achievements.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

It's a new conservative rite, DD and OE . . . it's part and parcel of Fox telling us what Sowell meant to say which was not what he did say. So for McWhitey to tell us what Scheuer ought to have said rather than what he did say is nothing more than the new editorial function that conservatives at this site have staked out as their mission in enlightening the poor, benighted libruls who are too dim to understand that what someone says is not necessarily what they really are saying . . .

I am only here to serve. I can't help you if you aren't willing to at least try and understand what's going on.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:03 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Wow. I am sure glad you guys are here to pick up the slack and pat each other on the back. The world is a much better place for it.

I hope, someday, that I can be as perfect as you guys are that I know exactly what someone is saying because I read a transcript. I mean everyone knows that what they read is the truth and no amount of context will ever change what was actually written down.

I applaud your attention to detail and the firmness of your belief. It's like talking to people on the creationist threads that know they are right because they, too, read what was written and no amount of context will change their minds either. I hope you enjoy being in the same class of people and you should be proud of your achievements.

What crap. There is plenty of context and he's speaking in plain terms.

What: Terrorism attack
Who: Osama
When: In the future
Where: In the USA
Why: To prove that the Obama Administration is wrong about national security.

What context is left? What is ambiguous about any of these terms?

What this guy says requires no translation. We don't need to committee about it and philosophize about potential meanings. The message is surface level.

If you can't clearly read verbatim what he wrote and understand, it is your problem.

You even went as far as to edit what he said to support what you think he said, or rather what you wish he had said.

You pick terrible battles. You'd have been better off if you had some better judgement about which messages you feel need to be defended. In this case, you choose a violent and logically indefensible idea.

T
Keep digging.
O
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:07 pm
@McGentrix,
DTKO says it best, you've really picked a stupid battle to fight . . . and apparently set out to fight it by tying on hand behind your back . . . clown . . .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:30 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

It's irony wasted on you McG.

T
K
O

That was irony?

I see.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Diest TKO wrote:

What crap. There is plenty of context and he's speaking in plain terms.

What: Terrorism attack
Who: Osama
When: In the future
Where: In the USA
Why: To prove that the Obama Administration is wrong about national security.

What context is left? What is ambiguous about any of these terms?

What this guy says requires no translation. We don't need to committee about it and philosophize about potential meanings. The message is surface level.

If you can't clearly read verbatim what he wrote and understand, it is your problem.

You even went as far as to edit what he said to support what you think he said, or rather what you wish he had said.

You pick terrible battles. You'd have been better off if you had some better judgement about which messages you feel need to be defended. In this case, you choose a violent and logically indefensible idea.

T
Keep digging.
O

You see what you want to see, I see what I want to see. I can only help you so much. You only see his answer and how you despise him for it. That's typical of you and your ilk. You don't care about the question, the conversation, the topic or anything else. You see an answer you don't like and jump all over like rabid pit bulls refusing to even consider a different point of view. You do it all the time, so this instance is hardly unique.

He was asked...
Quote:
GLENN BECK: Okay. So you have seen this. Do you really, honestly believe that we have come to a place to where those very senior people in the highest offices of the land, Congress and the White House, really will not do the right thing in the end, that they won't see the error of their ways?

So, does he honestly believe that the administration will not do the right thing in the end?

Quote:
MICHAEL SCHEUER: No, Sir, they will not. The only chance we have as a country right now is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States, because it's gonna take a grass-roots, bottom-up pressure. Because these politicians prize their office, prize the praise of the media and the Europeans. It's an observed situation again. Only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently and with as much violence as necessary.

Does that answer, on a talk show, really even make any sense to you if you take it for exactly what it is? Is that really how you see things? Only what is written? If you do, as I suggested earlier, translate it properly, he is saying that the only way to find out is if we actually do have another attack. Otherwise it's (the administrations defense) as good as Setanta's elephant control device.

Instead, you will blather on about how this guy only wants to see an attack by Osama because he thinks Obama is satan or some other childish thing. It's really stupid for you to only see what the written word is saying and I can imagine you bashing the devout about their reliance on the written word in other threads.

It's up to you though. You can be a closed minded prick and keep thinking the same idiotic thing or you can pry open that sealed door in your head and honestly ask yourself if you think that this wants to see Osama attack the US.

Just as a reminder, here it is again.

Read his reply this way in answer to becks question:
Quote:
MICHAEL SCHEUER: No, Sir, they will not. The only chance we have as a country right now to find out, is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States, because it's gonna take a grass-roots, bottom-up pressure. Because these politicians prize their office, prize the praise of the media and the Europeans. It's an observed situation again. Only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently and with as much violence as necessary.

It makes far more sense, as an answer to the question posed, to add that little bit.

I didn't edit what he said, I simply inserted my words so that people like you can understand what it was he was saying and maybe it might dislodge the stick in your ass for just long enough to let an idea through.

So far though you have proven incapable of that, so I doubt this will do anything to ease your mind. Instead you will keep ranting and raving like a crazed baboon about "OMG! You can see what he said! It's right here!!! Just read it! Geez, can't you Repubs understand even the simply written words?!?!"

Rave on little man, rave on.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 04:03 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I didn't edit what he said, I simply inserted my words....

Do you really believe your own bullshit?

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 04:18 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You see what you want to see, I see what I want to see.

I see what actually was said. I see fact. You see what you want. Especially after you edit it.

Not that it matters. Your edit, didn't resolve the error in logic.
McGentrix wrote:

I can only help you so much.

You can't help yourself here, guy.
McGentrix wrote:

You only see his answer and how you despise him for it. That's typical of you and your ilk. You don't care about the question, the conversation, the topic or anything else. You see an answer you don't like and jump all over like rabid pit bulls refusing to even consider a different point of view. You do it all the time, so this instance is hardly unique.

I do despise him for his comment. Absolutely. You think that is unfair somehow? Do I need your permission?
McGentrix wrote:

It's really stupid for you to only see what the written word is saying and I can imagine you bashing the devout about their reliance on the written word in other threads.

No. It's really stupid to evaluate a person on what they DIDN'T say. You're being obtuse. If I can't use what he actually said, then what am I to use? This has nothing to do with faith and people relying on a old book. Take your BS red herring elsewhere. This is about a man who said a outrageously stupid thing. This has more recently become about what battles you're willing to bleed for.
McGentrix wrote:

Just as a reminder, here it is again.

Read his reply this way in answer to becks question:
Quote:
MICHAEL SCHEUER: No, Sir, they will not. The only chance we have as a country right now to find out, is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States, because it's gonna take a grass-roots, bottom-up pressure. Because these politicians prize their office, prize the praise of the media and the Europeans. It's an observed situation again. Only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently and with as much violence as necessary.

It makes far more sense, as an answer to the question posed, to add that little bit.

This is dishonest on a level you should be ashamed of. You cannot change the transcript just because it doesn't say what you want it to say.
McGentrix wrote:

I didn't edit what he said, I simply inserted my words so that people like you can understand what it was he was saying and maybe it might dislodge the stick in your ass for just long enough to let an idea through.

Yes, you did edit it. I don't know why you're embarrassing yourself like this. A battle which you should fight, that will gain you nothing, is one you will lie for. You've done wonders to destroy your credibility here McG.
McGentrix wrote:

So far though you have proven incapable of that, so I doubt this will do anything to ease your mind. Instead you will keep ranting and raving like a crazed baboon about "OMG! You can see what he said! It's right here!!! Just read it! Geez, can't you Repubs understand even the simply written words?!?!"

Interesting you say this because (1) it is right in front of you to read, and (2) you are demonstrating a difficulty understanding simply written words.

I'm not going to acknowledge your request for some sort of rhetorical entitlement here. You can't change the transcript to make your point. That's absurd. You would on no way accept in debate the transcript if I was to edit it to mean something even worse.

T
Keep digging, guy.
O
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 06:43 pm
I really don't see how anyone can read it or hear it and not hear 'only Osama can save us from Obama'? I get that if you're sympathetic to the idea that Obama isn't tough enough on national security (an idea without factual support, btw) then you might be inclined to hear it in a less negative light. But I can't see it that way. And what's with the "with as much violence as necessary" bit?
McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 06:43 pm
I changed it because people like TKO are too dense to get it without it being written out for you.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 06:51 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

...the idea that Obama isn't tough enough on national security (an idea without factual support, btw) ...

Really?

With Iran and North Korea testing missiles, why is Obama cutting missile defense?

Obama’s Conflicting Signals
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

With Iran and North Korea testing missiles, why is Obama cutting missile defense?

Can either Iran or North Korea reach the US with their missiles?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Let's be clear here: writing an alternate interpretation does not actually change what the man said.

Stop acting like an asshat.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:25 pm
I had a hope that watching the whole thing would make it somehow less bad, but no luck. You can see it here. It's a jimble jamble of ideas that I find it hard to follow and frankly Beck sounds confused as well. They hop around from border control to terrorism to military deployments outside the country and for the life of me none of it makes sense. Can anybody follow what this is about? Beck sounds like a paranoid doomsdayer, and Scheuer, I don't know what to make of him at all. Maybe there's another conversation in there that makes sense, but I couldn't find it.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:29 pm
@FreeDuck,
Obama’s Conflicting Signals

FreeDuck wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Can either Iran or North Korea reach the US with their missiles?

Yes.
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
Do you know where Iran is?
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:48 pm
@FreeDuck,
They don't have to fire it from Iran or North Korea you know. All they need is a buyer who is a good smuggler.
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:49 pm
@Foxfyre,
We're talking about missiles, not nuclear weapons.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:51 pm
@FreeDuck,
Yes.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:52 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

We're talking about missiles, not nuclear weapons.

Do you understand these missiles are simply a delivery system?