I'm a 14 year old girl in Canada in search for my father.

LEah493

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 03:43 pm
My name is Leah Wells, and I'm 14 years old living in Melville, Saskatchewan. I was born in Edmonton, AB from my mother Joy Wells & my father Wayne Henry Henkleman. My mother & father dated for about 8 years before I was born, and when my mom became pregnant with me, my dad proposed to my mother but she turned him down. I've never seen a picture of my father, or even talked to him. All I know is that he has reddish-blond hair, brown eyes, is around 6 ft tall, and worked with RE/MAX in Victoria, BC when I was around three or four. I tried to find him in the white pages, all over the internet, newspapers, anything. I hate only knowing one part of me, and not the other -- my dad I feel almost lost, and I crave to know something about him. I've considered that there may be the fact he doesn't want anything to do with me, or talk to me, or see me or my mother, but even if I were just to hear his voice on the phone or something, I'd feel so much better. My mother knows I want to get into contact with him, and doesn't mind at all that I'm trying to find him. I was wondering if maybe anyone knew a free website, or a phone number (besides 1-205-555-1212; he's unlisted), or program I could go too or call that would maybe help me in finding anything about him... Anything will help. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,985 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 04:15 pm
I've heard good things about http://www.gsadoptionregistry.com/gshomepage.html.

The site is designed for adoptees, they might not do the type of search you need. However, there is a lot of information on searching so you might find some help.

I do know that you have to be 18 to register but I don't know if perhaps your mother can initiate the search through them.

LEah493

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 04:25 pm
@boomerang,
Thank you VERY much!
This site does look very helpful, I'm checking it out right now.
0 Replies