Now you are on my ignore list!

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:33 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
you are the unacknowledged master of nerd humor

Personally, I think I'm behind several on this site, including Nimh and Robert.
Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:43 am
@DrewDad,
I don't recall that Habibi was ever that much of a humorist, and i deny categorically that there is anything in way of humor, nerd style or otherwise, to be found in RG's posts, if that is to whom you refer.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:34 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
I've NEVER seen Set outclassed in a debate, so I can't imagine you could manage it!

Set is routinely outclassed in debates.

I think what you meant to say is you've never seen anyone able to regurgitate as much history in one sitting as Set.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
... i deny categorically that there is anything in way of humor, nerd style or otherwise, to be found in RG's posts...

That must be on account of it requiring a modicum of intelligence to comprehend.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:59 pm
Not to go all supportive, which no one is interested in, but I've not taken nimh as sans humor. It's just very dry.

On rg, I guess I think of flashes of wit, however short and practical, which gives me a clue to more, that are personal to him and not my business.

On set, I don't remember but I'm thinking I do. I suppose it's more quick phrasing, repeatedly zeroing in.

Humor wears many cloaks (is that an obnoxious enough comment?)

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 01:57 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
On set, I don't remember but I'm thinking I do.

Setanta posted a one of the funniest parodies of religion I remember, that was funny. He also does a lot of "goys and birls" kind of wordplay threads that I don't find funny but I'm sure others do and sometimes, when it is not especially mean, his sarcasm is hilarious. But let's face it with a short list of people who take themselves too seriously on a2k it's not a very interesting humor comparison.

Blatham pre-Bush and Gustav is a good one. Before Bush made Blatham all serious-like he had the sharpest and funniest wit on able2know, and then Gus may well have posted the funniest thing I've ever seen on a forum thread here.
JTT

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 07:00 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Before Bush made Blatham all serious-like

Yeah, no reason to get all serious about a man that caused the deaths of tens of thousands of innocents, destroyed thousands upon thousands of homes, devastated a country, just as long as they ain't my kith and kin. Hey, as long as I can keep getting my car filled.

It's no big deal, we do this all the time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 07:11 pm
@Robert Gentel,
You're right, I enjoy Set's word play (I would...)

Blatham can be in a rivetingly hilarious zone in person.

Another guy whose riffs on a2k I enjoy is 2packs.

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 04:39 pm
@Setanta,
Oy! I heard that.
0 Replies