Forcing Adults to Act Like Adults

Piffka

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:53 pm
Me, too. Nice job, TexStar... you wear the star well.

Media story about Companions in Arms

It's a huge problem right now. A lot of military people weren't expecting a war and weren't expecting it to be deployed so long, either.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:54 pm
That is a great offer Tex but believe it or not, she's nutty about her dog and would NEVER give her up.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 05:26 pm
Thank you, Montana & Piffka. Hey, what a great idea, CIA, created by SOS. Maybe I'll look into that. Don't know why I said I couldn't part with a dog. I do it all the time, and I think about each one, a lot. Jose, Duffie, Dax, Sadie. Our own, Bandit, was a rescued dog and is good therapy dog for these little lost puppies, some of which came to us very sick.

eoe, hope you solve your problem with the dog and the lady in Kosovo returns to a happy & healthy pet. Understand what you men, however, about the spoiled brother. Maybe it's his problem.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:19 pm
Now that I've read the story of the step-daughter and her history with dogs, I'd be even less inclined to help out with the dog. Or if I did, I'd have the dog adopted out.

I have on the other side of no tolerance for people who don't think through the implications of pets and children. Not house-training the first dog was a very bad sign.

The woman might consider fostering dogs until she has completed her military service. She's not really in a position to have a full-time pet. Then again, around here, she wouldn't pass the tests to do fostering.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:48 pm
I agree Beth. Animals become sad and depressed when left by the people they love and are passed around from home to home and that's not fair to the poor dog.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:55 pm
Good news. My stepson came and picked up his little charge this evening. It's always such a relief when he comes thru as he should. There was a time not so long ago...

Thanks everyone for your imput. Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 08:00 pm
Phew!!!! ;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 08:00 pm
Aw, happy ending! Great! If you're in to the teaching aspect of it, make sure you give him a TON of positive reinforcement. Make sure he KNOWS how much you appreciate it.

Meanwhile, hope the larger story has a happy ending, with the dog's owner home safe and sound and taking care of him properly...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 08:47 pm
I'm surprised that nobody had taken this line of reasoning:

How old is the dog? Is it not time for the dog to grow up?

Tee hee
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:56 pm
I think Craven needs to be taken for a walk (evil grin)!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 12:02 am
That looked very funny, cos on my monitor, this time round, Craven's avatar is a disgusted looking car - which seems to be saying it is time the dog left home and made its own way in the world - bad pussycat!

Glad the saga ended well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:50 am
Oh, that is good news.

Positive re-inforcement time, indeed! Very Happy
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 12:56 pm
eoe-- Send him a card from the dog--

Thank you for feeding me and playing with me. I would be completely lost without you. You are my hero! <insert eoe's name here> and I were talking about you just the other day. She thinks you're great, too!

(I made a card for my crazy mother from her dogs. She liked it more than the one from me Evil or Very Mad Laughing )
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 01:06 pm
Fun idea. I'm glad to hear it went OK, eoe.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 03:00 pm
Sofia, that's very sweet. He's got a birthday coming up. I'll send a b-day card from the doggy. I'll tell him that she left it here because she didn't want him to find it at home. He'll love that!
0 Replies