A cat/human problem......HELP

BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 04:47 am
My one little girl is trying her best to train her human to get out of bed at 4:30 AM in order to get her breakfast and even my firm refusal to not do anything that silly had not slow her training program down at all.

HELP!!!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,593 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 05:02 am
@BillRM,
Is there some reason you don't want to leave a small amount of dry food in her dish at night?

I used to leave some small amount of food in my cat's dishes at night. It worked for me and them for 17 yrs.
BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 05:15 am
@Ragman,
There is always dry food down however we are talking wet can food here that I give to my three little pains in the rear in the morning and a can at night.

With roughly 1/4 of the cans content going out the door for some stray cats in the neighborhood also.

I am leaving for Las Vegas for two weeks and they are going to be force to live on dry food except for my mother checking in on them every two days or so.
chai2

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 05:21 am
@BillRM,
I would suggest developing an appreciation of sunrises.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 05:42 am
Close the door. Apparently she is on her own timetable, and the fact that you DO give in to her says she has you trained well.

My cats used to lick my face and paw gently on my head to get me up - but never at 4:30 a.m. She going to bed too early?

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 05:58 am
@BillRM,
Perhaps she just wants to play at that early hour? Some cats enjoy getting up to hi jinx at ridiculous (for humans) times. How old is she, Bill?
BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:01 am
@sullyfish6,
First I had not been giving into her. This morning she was not given her wet food until 7 AM even those she started to strongly suggest that I do so at 4:30 AM.

I am on the east coast so that might be what gave you the idea that I had given in with the postings times stamps.

In any case I would hate locking her and her "brother" out as my wife is two thousand miles away and they are the only ones willing to sleep with me in the town at the moment<grin> and they do not complain about my snoozing unlike my wife.

Second problem is that they both have their claws and I would more then likely end up with a hole in my bedroom door the size of my cats.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:13 am
@msolga,
Let see msolga she is around 12 years old and no she wish for neither loving or playing she just went her breakfast.

I am the kind that can sleep and pet a cat at the same time and that does not help.

The only thing she wish to hear from me is ok ok I will get you your breakfast.

If I do give into her my wife is going to kill me when she is back home also so it is coming down to who do I wish to please more my wife or my cat.

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:21 am
@sullyfish6,
sullyfish6 wrote:

She going to bed too early?

Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:26 am
@BillRM,
You don't think she might be taking advantage of the situation while your wife is away? Wink
Or perhaps she actually is hungry?
Or maybe it's got something to do with summer in your part of the world & sunrise being earlier?
I have a hunch she enjoys your attention. Smile
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:11 am
You can get timed feeders if it really becomes a problem and you don't mind not being the one feeding them in the morning.
chai2

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:23 am
I believe it's the wet food that she wants....

why not just open a can of wet and put it in a bowl before you go to bed?

if she still wakes you up, open a can of wet, put the bowl in the microwave, and when you get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, just take it out and put on the floor.

it's the ritual she wants.
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:10 am
@chai2,
get on of those canned air boat horns and keep it on the bedstand. Soon as she comes over to get you moving, let her have a nice blast. Shell be in the basement for hours calming down.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:37 am
@BillRM,
Kick her good and hard - that will stop her .... it did for my little monster...
BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:45 am
@Robert Gentel,
I do not off hand think that time feeders would work for wet can foods and that is what she desire the hard food is down 24/7.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:50 am
@Linkat,
No I will not kick her and she know it.

Perhaps with me gone for 2 weeks she will forget her training program for me at least one can hope so.
Linkat

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 11:01 am
@BillRM,
I didn't actually kick her - just thought I'd see if you were mean enough. The cat is smarter than you that's the problem.
BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:28 pm
@Linkat,
Yes she is smarter then I am and I had known that as a fact when I used to get up to go to work so I could buy her and the others cat food and vet care as they laid on their backs sleeping with their paws up in the air.
margo

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:05 am
Apparently 4.30am's an excellent time to get up.

My own boss is a firm believer...It's winter time and I've yet to be convinced - so I usually holler and threaten until about 6 - when I either get up NOW or bleed!
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:49 am
@margo,
Margo my cats had always been very nice to me in that they have never used their claws on me. Not a statement that I can say cover their vets however.

I had one little girl I could do anything to up to even giving her shots myself but she was a terror in the vet office.

Once they had her on the table and I was holding her as she was trying her little heart out to claw them aroud me. The stupid vet said I should leave as my being there was just granting her permisson to act out!

The long and short of the story is after I let her with them I never hear such cries of pains coming out of the room and they was not cries of pain from my cat either.

It look like they had been dealing with a wild cat instead of my little tiny girl and I am sure they up my bill when I could not keep from laughing. She needed my permission indeed!