Cat size question

chai2

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 04:08 pm
If roland lays on the floor with his front legs stretched out in front of him and his tail stretched out behind, he's 49 inches from the tips of his toes to the end of his tail.

It got me to wondering how large you can end up breeding a domestic cat.

Not talking so much about bulk, just overall length, height etc.

I was thinking there might be issues with giving birth, but hey, both mastiffs and cocker spaniels manage. I think it's a matter of head size.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 837 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 04:34 pm
@chai2,
biggest one i've seen weighed around 30 lbs. and could reach my armpits while standing. (big wide head)

he was part coon, part indiana alleycat.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 05:02 pm
@chai2,
A better measure is from nose to tail. That way, you don't have to hang him up by the toes. Anyway, cats get longer in hot weather. Once you calibrate your kitty, you can tell the temperature by the length of a sleeping cat.
chai2

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 05:15 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

A better measure is from nose to tail. That way, you don't have to hang him up by the toes. Anyway, cats get longer in hot weather. Once you calibrate your kitty, you can tell the temperature by the length of a sleeping cat.

yeah, nose to where the tail joins the body would be more accurate...it's just that he's got such a beautiful looooong tail.....and legs....and body....

when he running and tries to make 90 degree turn, he jack knifes like a tractor trailer
0 Replies