Help: TKO goes to England

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 05:19 pm
@spendius,
So, where's your photo, Spendius? I don't mean a portrait, I mean a snapshot.

(I am, or was, famous on a2k for bellowing at great length, pages, about a snapshot, with piles of negative feedback. So, I consider myself an expert.)
spendius

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 05:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I only have one photo of myself osso. It is a portrait. It hangs on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. I am wearing nothing but a pale blue string vest. Sepia toned.

It was the prize for a most beautiful baby competition my dear Mama entered me in when I was 8 months old and which I won by a street. A publicity stunt by the local photographic shop which cynically used me. It was in the local paper at the time and I never got a cent out of it. It was placed next to an ad for the corset shop. The glass is cracked.
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:36 pm
Only one photo to add tonight. Just got done watching a fantastic 70s horror film at Bazza's.

Here is Ruth and Taylor in the pedestrian tunnel that runs under the River Thames.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n3psklkrOgk/SlKR5NI-CwI/AAAAAAAAA9w/wfYzTgQisZg/s320/DSC02298.JPG

T
K
O
ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:40 pm
@Diest TKO,
Gorgeous photo, absolutely.

(Er, my cousin was named Ruth.) But never mind that, fabulous photo.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:43 pm
@spendius,
What satisfaction do you get from this kind of thing Spendius?

I'm trying to have a nice time with my friend abroad, and in the process I'm meeting up with real nice A2Kers, and you feel the need to dissect me on my appearance? I can't understand how that would be worth anybody's time.

Please don't spoil the thread. That kind of thing isn't amusing.

T
K
O
ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:49 pm
@spendius,
I have a painting of me as a baby, painted by the guy who made the US army air force insignia plaque. I've seen photos of me as a baby and that doesn't look at all like me, who had a personality as a wailer even back then, but so it goes.

It does make me think that I could earn a living doing baby portraits, but that could be aggravating.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:57 pm
@Diest TKO,
I'm not sure this thread can be spoiled, it is just terrific. You can post zillions of photos and I'll be happy.
The tunnel one is a keeper.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:07 pm
@ossobuco,
The tunnel photo is simply gorgeous, as I look at it again.

0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:41 pm
@spendius,
Shut up spendy, TKO has fine Jowls.
Maybe you are jealous because yours are now saggy.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:04 pm
That photo is amazing.
Glad you've had a good time today.

Here are my favorite personal insights from this period of your trip, although I will meet with you again before you both head back to the States:

1) Mods are DAMN COOL.

2) PG tips tea bags and Worcester Sauce are stocked in the ethnic food isle in America. (Now that's just silly because they aren't ethic at all, they're English! Wink )

3) TKO's vivid explanations of American politics from an 'insider's point of view.

4) Apparently, my internet persona is much similar to my real life one- curious.

5) How amazing it is to enjoy your city deliberately putting 'tourist eyes' on.

There were a lot more things... which I have forgotten. Maybe number 6 could be about how hard it is to absorb so much in a few days.
love x

0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:10 pm
A really late start today,the little loves slept in!Anyway,we eventually got ourselves into gear and went to the Victoria and Albert Museum ,The V&A, (a place that I will deffo return to really soon).Crossed the wibbly wobbly bridge,stumbled across Somerset House,what a treasure! (sometimes I feel like like a tourist in my own town) headed towards Saint Paul's Cathedral.Fell into The Bunch Of Grapes for a couple of pints,onward,via Hyde Park.Charing Cross,and home.
Early start tomorrow/today (4 hours) for the onward flight to Poland
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 03:26 am
Running an errand to Polishland. Be right back. Keep the kettle hot England!

LOT Polish Airlines #282

T
K
O
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 03:52 am
@Barry The Mod,
You're going to wear those young things out, Barry! Wink What a schedule!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 04:03 am
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
That kind of thing isn't amusing.

It's the English way mate. Anybody comes here sniffing around our English Roses, especially one as beautiful and intelligent as Queeenie, needs to step up his game. If you come over all petulant and indignant at a bit of mild ribbing what would you be like in a tight corner?

You do look a bit fat you must admit. I hope you are not accompanying my favourite A2Ker in shorts.

I never complained about all the shite you have thrown my way on the evolution threads and there was a lot more of that than this itsy-bitsy bit of malarky I'm at. If you dish it out you are supposed to be able to take it.

You could be accused of patronising us you know. London isn't England. London is an anachronistic dump. The chances of an enchanting evening in London are zero. There's a police siren every two minutes.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 05:00 am
And away they go!!!!!!!!!!! Off to Poland for a few days,returning to the UK later with different hosts.Just wanna say how easy it was to host these lovely guys.Even The Fredster let them stroke him.Also big hugs to PQ,she's a star.She also knows her way around London!
Hope to catch them later on in the week
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 05:39 am
Those (well done) reports and phtos remind me how I discovered London, when I'd been there the first years (45 years ago). [Some things hadn't been there in those "good old days", and I wonder, if anyone would like to go in the Club 100 today if they still played that kind of music Wink ]
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:28 am
We have landed and have made it to our home for the next few days. Bathing and then to a meal. Our hosts have some sort of surprise for us!

Travel bug
K
O
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 10:41 am
@Diest TKO,
wonderful to catch up on this

I really need to get that puter at home fixed

great pix!
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 11:51 am
Just finished a divine dinner. Afterwards we sat out on the back yard and drank cool mead, drank tea and ate some very delicious ice cream while learning about the history of the neighborhood and about polish culture.

A good day. Were relaxing then we are off to a pub!

T
K
O
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 02:53 pm
Seems, DTKO just left in time: Rain in London: Tube stations closed