Help: TKO goes to England

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 04:10 am
@Barry The Mod,
I assume you say my update about my friend. He was kind of embarrassed when I told him about the fact that I'd already been contacting people about the trip and showing me around and couches, etc.

I have a friend who live north in Lincolnshire (???) and raves on about how she can't get a good beef in England. She was always a picky eater though. She says the Indian food is good though. There any truth to it? I'm spoiled rotten here in DC though. :-)

I appreciate your support Bazza! As more details unfold in terms of scheduling, I will be sure to keep you in the loop.

You too PQ!

And Prince, I've never even seen you around here... but cheers all the same! It will be a blast!

Thank you thank you thank you.
K
O
sozobe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 05:32 am
@Diest TKO,
Indian food there is VERY good. (Well with variations of course. But can be found. Mmmm, samosas...)

I had a pot pie in Scotland that was really lovely. Otherwise, I didn't find much actual British food that I liked much. I didn't have much money though either.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 05:34 am
@Diest TKO,
Oh don't start me off on food! My butcher (Sparks,at the Royal Standard,Blackheath) is the best within 20 miles,providing the best meat that's 110% organic!, and I could live on Indian food 24/7,alternating between 2 restaurants,depending what Chef is working when I'm ordering.Other than that,my local Chippy could also supply pretty good Fish and Chips or,a Saturday night favorite (for some),a large Donner with chillie sauce (a UK equivalent to the Burrito).UK food,under the right direction is NOT a problem.
BTW,do you cook?
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 11:28 am
@Barry The Mod,
Barry The Mod wrote:
BTW,do you cook?

Yeah, I cook. I've received some pretty good complements for it too.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 06:19 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Hey PQ, TKO, Prince and the Baz - will try to join you guys if I can - but doubtful if I'm up there already on the 28th meeting Baz for Mr.Srpingsteen (yayayayayayyay) - will see if I can change my work hours around to get up there towards the end of TKO's visit if y'all around then. Ha... bit finance dependent too! Rolling Eyes

Would love to see TKO's face seeing the HOP and Big Ben and all the real old building and such like - its just bloody stunning (if you like a building that is - Osso - you would LOVE it there.) Got a bunch of pics I still haven't uploaded from 2 weeks ago. Will stick them here if that's OK with TKO - hopefully over the weekend - then you'll get a looksee at what there is to have a gawp at.

So Ho is a fab place. Ahhhhhhhhhh.... going to West End Show if you're into that sorta thing - the best...... definitely a trip up and down the Thames - head out to Windsor. In fact - was talking to Barry about hiring a boat at Chertsey (where I lived near) - you hire the boat and go down thru the locks - its fabulous fun - especially if you have no idea what you're doing. Little bit of Pimms, Little bif of Bucks Fizz........... ha.... bonnie lads and lasses messing about the river (oh crap - you're far too young for that tune - HA!...... Us oldies could show you a few place too - no doubt about.

Would like to meet our philosophising PQ too - girl - you would bamboozle me with your thoughts - but I reckon you'd make us all smile big. Prince sounds... positively divine. Oh my.... chuck a bunch of different folk together and see what happens a? Great fun. Maybe we could entice Francis over and Steive down... perhaps FQ too - she's London crazy.

So, will see whether I can sort something - if me and Bazza get boring, just stick us in the corner and we'll drink tea RazzRazzRazzRazzRazz <laughing - joke... maybe! Wink
ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 07:54 pm
@Izzie,
ahh, The Prince, charmingest fella ever <sigh>
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 12:16 am
@Izzie,
This keeps getting better!
K
O
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 01:53 am
@Izzie,
Izzie,loving your plans.Work on it girl!
PQ,get the daily tours sorted.
I'll just make the bed and cook breakfast.
TKO,are you ready for us? Laughing
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 03:41 pm
@ehBeth,
SO agree!

Wish I could go <sniffle>... even if just to meet The Prince, and... possibly, Francis... OMG... swoon! (That EAR! Did you see that EAR?)
Izzie

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 03:49 pm
@BorisKitten,
Ha BorisKitten.... yeah..........cute ear a? Razz

so....... TKO few sights over here under London April 09 <click slideshow 1 second or else you may fall asleep - yawn> - HOP, BigBen and LondonEye..... Osso, think there's some architecture you make like over here... just a few bits and pieces Wink

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 04:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso - You're going to yell at me. Our friend in Warsaw, made a pretty damn good case to shoot over to Poland. I think I'm going to indulge for a few days.

It looks like my schedule is starting to get a little shape. In England, looks like the days I'll specifically be in London are July3-7 and 12-15. The middle section is going to be divided up with other places. I'll post back soon as I know more.

Peace.

T
K
O
Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:24 pm

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid22978717001?bctid=23604077001
Snippits of London.
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:57 pm
@Barry The Mod,
In two words: I dig.

Can't wait. I'm getting pretty excited!

T
K
O
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 06:50 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Hope everyone went full screen!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:13 pm
@Diest TKO,
No, I won't. (I'm excited for you..)
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 11:52 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

No, I won't. (I'm excited for you..)

Phew...

T
K
O
Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 06:43 pm
Have you thought about Dublin in the south of Ireland? Loads to see and,as you're a couple of 20 something party people,head for the Temple Bar area.On a Friday and Saturday night,it rocks!!!!! (and they speak English!)
ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 06:46 pm
@Diest TKO,
diest, I'm all bluster. Just yell back.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 06:51 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Barry The Mod wrote:
(and they speak English!)

I understand there is a debate about this. Cool

T
K