http://i05.bdbphotos.com/6T/00/0000458600-20360T.jpg
dyslexia

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 12:58 pm
@McTag,
hey dickhead, gabby hayes is my father.
spendius

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
Funny you should say that Cal. Only last night I suggested to the landlord in the pub that we should have a "Chaps in frocks" nite.

Now that the women have given up on trying to be enticing, probably because it had ceased to have any effect, most sensible blokes having been rendered more wary than of old, (and what woman wants an insensible mate like the one in the picture looks to be ), it seemed to be a good idea to enliven the nightly proceedings.

I got the company quite aroused with my intellectual justifications, which I can't tell of here for reasons you are possibly aware of.

My Auntie Maud has a crimplene frock of the sort that Margaret Rutherford, bless her, a fine comedienne, would have seen fit to go see the vicar in which I think she would loan me which she will because I have been the apple of her eye ever since I smiled at her in my cot.

Dame Edna is overstated I think. It's for tabloid readers. It's not convincing. If we pull it off I will be relying on you Cal for some guidance on how we might make the conversation authentic.

Your chap has made no real effort. A stranger should not be able to tell. (We might have to get some helium bottles in.) He is taking the piss out of men. And the easy way.

The pic has no class babe. It's tripe.

But it is a strange coincidence. A serendipity so to speak. That you should post that just a few hours after I had made my suggestion to the landlord. Do you think it a sign. Or is it just great minds thinking alike.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:33 pm
@spendius,
None of the above, spendius - I was there!! You just didn't see or recognize me!
spendius

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
For which I give thanks.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 02:09 pm
@spendius,
And so do we!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 04:08 pm
@dyslexia,

Quote:
hey dickhead, gabby hayes is my father.

Who are you calling dickhead, you, you heterosexual you.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:20 pm

Manchester is being twinned with Los Angeles!
I saw it on the TV today.

Maybe I can get on the steering committee and be an international fatcat.
Or cultural attache, what do you think?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:28 pm
@McTag,
A better choice than doing such for Beziers and Heilbronn Wink
McTag

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

I wonder if the Angelinos know this?

"Manchester already enjoys numerous international links with nations overseas.
It has friendship agreements with the Chinese city of Wuhan, St Petersburg in Russia, Chemnitz in Germany and Faisalabad in Pakistan.
The city has also formed links with Cordoba in Spain, Rehovot in Israel and Bilwi in Nicaragua. "

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1128076_twinning_link_with_la?rss=yes

spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 03:28 pm
An American lady wrote-

Quote:
Semantics. Scary that you can be so lacking in integrity to support such manipulation.

The you was our hero.

Another American lady agreed.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:04 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
Maybe I can get on the steering committee and be an international fatcat.

I wouldn't try that Mac. You would have to be seen on TV now and again looking important, intelligent, well turned out and profound.

On the other hand it might be quite amusing for those who know you.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:17 pm
@McTag,
I'm an Angelina.. and now I know it. Seems like a fine idea to me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:28 pm
@McTag,
I suggest LA TV channels run omnibus repeats of Coronation Street so they can find out what they are getting into.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:44 pm
@spendius,

Quote:
You would have to be seen on TV now and again looking important, intelligent, well turned out and profound

And stick out like a sore thumb? We're talking about Manchester councillors here.
I'll leave the intelligence, importance and profundity to you, Spendy.
panzade

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:59 pm
Hey Barry. Dilly2 is such a great photo, I'm using it on my desktop...gorgeous

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/6406/dilly2.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 12:29 am
@McTag,
Dare I mention I'm interested in the fooforaw about Los Angeles and Manchester? I don't care who hates Manchester, and all the world despises LA, my home town. Interested here...
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 12:25 am
I know I know.

More pictures coming soon. I'm taking a motorcycle driving course this break so my time has been a little thin.

Until then, here is a White Ninja Comic
http://www.whiteninjacomics.com/images/comics/temperature.gif
(okay.... maybe, I was just looking for any excuse to post this...)

The pics are on their way though.
K
O
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 10:02 am
@panzade,
There's a McDonalds close by with internet access. And the donut shop on one corner where I frequented costs $7 for a donut and coffee, and that place was always busy. I can get a donut and coffee at home for less than $2. That's the reason I'm not considering another trip to the UK.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 10:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
And when you add the airfare to the $7 ... Wink