Help: TKO goes to England

Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:31 am
@spendius,
When I come to England, I intend to meet Spendius, blustery protestations and all...
Francis

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 09:10 am
Spendi wrote:
When A2kers meet they sell their integrity.

A far fetched inference, that has yet to be proved. Care to do so?
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 10:07 am
@Barry The Mod,
Barry The Mod wrote:

A2K,please don't judge us Brits by that disgusting comment above!
Spendy,I would love to be in your company,then I could lamp you one and put you on your arse,where,after your previous posts,you deserve to be.This is the first time on an A2K thread that I have come across a person such as you.I thought Trolls were extinct.Is your life so shallow that your main delight is winding people up? I also will not put you on ignore because I just know you will continue to post as you do.Sad!
Whatever your reply to this,I will never reply to you again.You are not worth my time!

Sorry TKO,rant over.Where's them pics?

I got my computer up and running yesterday. I started importing pics off of my camera last night and this afternoon I should finish. A little color adjusting and cropping then they'll be ready. I'll put them on Facebook first, but the select best will make it here later.

Spendi - I'd give a horse a carrot...

T
K
O
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:14 pm
@Francis,
Quote:
A far fetched inference, that has yet to be proved. Care to do so?

Well Francis, as you must know, everybody does so I assume you do, the human race is made up almost entirely, allowing for Mother Theresa, of diddico, moronic selfish assholes.

And yet, everytime there's a meet, it is always between the exceptions. That's why meets are short. It is easy to be an exception for short periods of time. At a good wedding the guests are all exceptions as they gather for the service in the churchyard but by 2 am the next morning they are back to normal.

But people who have met under such forced circumstances as an A2K meet carry on indefinitely imagining each other remaining exceptions and hence never really know each other. They become inhibited from criticising each other and that is a loss of integrity in the service of proprietary. And it's not scientific because the essence of science is the challenge.

Someone might agree with something I've said but fail to say so because I was criticising someone they had had fish and chips with in Chicago one afternoon or even swoon over the most dreadful photographs of the event.

I meant the integrity of a cyberperson. Which is what a pure-bred A2Ker is.

spendius

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:20 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
Spendi - I'd give a horse a carrot

I've done that a good few times. Donkeys too.

How ya diddling? You didn't think you could say all those nasty things about me on the evo threads and me not remember did you?

But I'm glad you got back safe and sound and in one piece. I'm dying to see these pictures. Just the ones with Queenie in I mean.
Francis

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:31 pm
@spendius,
It's not devoid of some soundness.

However, how can it apply to those who didn't criticize beforehand?

What about those whose integrity cannot be bought?

Ok, rhetorical questions..
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 03:04 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Someone might agree with something I've said but fail to say so because I was criticising someone they had had fish and chips with in Chicago one afternoon or even swoon over the most dreadful photographs of the event.

Very good.
But for me, and most on here (I think), A2K is a place for learning from others, expanding your horizons, and discussion. In a sense, you could say the meeting between Barry, TKO and myself was manifestation of this ethos, rather than something external to A2K's ideal.

I get it what you are saying, but it depends on your relationship with the opinions you post. I suppose a 'cyber-person' is nothing more than a sum of their posts. That's too essentialist- I do not consider myself the sum of my posts, because these are always under revision. But you are a lot older than I am, maybe your posts are a recapitulation of your acquired views. Do you seem to post 'to yourself' the majority of the time, for your own amusement rather than to further a debate.

I think all members involved in this particular meeting are mature enough to know when someone 'criticizes' or disagrees with a specific point, that it is not necessarily a personal attack, but a contrasting opinion which in most cases can be learned from...
I hope I maintain the integrity to not mindlessly agree with TKO whenever we meet on the politics/philosophy threads. Although there's always the fact that he's a lot more knowledgeable than me. Ha.
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 03:12 pm
@Francis,
Quote:
However, how can it apply to those who didn't criticize beforehand?

I was talking about after effects.

Quote:
What about those whose integrity cannot be bought?

I wasn't allowing for the possibility.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 03:31 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I will agree that my amusement is a major factor in why I post and what I post. It may be the only reason. I couldn't see myself posting if I was unamused by it.

I enjoy creating skeins of words about some point or other and A2K supplies many points on which to spin them. I think people who post points of view should be up for having them shredded. I am. And I'm glad of it. But insults and assertions shred nothing.

The process has caused me to study some subjects more closely than I otherwise would have done. For example, I'm reading Prof. Riesman's The Lonely Crowd for the sole purpose of finding ammunition to scupper the anti-IDers. I've read it before but not with sufficient focus.

I like the word games best. There's a nice unassuming bunch of deadbeats on there which is to my taste.

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:40 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
You didn't think you could say all those nasty things about me on the evo threads and me not remember did you?

Nasty things? I only recall pointing out how poorly constructed your arguments are (and continue to be). I see you have some sort of misguided vendetta. Cute.

Your problem remains Spendi: You think too highly of yourself.

Your theory is flawed by the way. Plenty of A2Kers have met before, and many still disagree about topics. It's not the first time you've shown a preference for flawed theories though.

Bazza - Don't worry about the good reputation of the English. Spendi is more internet mutant than anything. You introduced me to a very kind and polite England.

T
K
O
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:03 am
Bazza and PQ - I have the pics on Facebook. I'll pic through them tomorrow. I'm too tired to blog and then get them here. But they are on the web. After they end up here, the next HUGE task will be all the video...

T
K
Oh brother
McTag

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:26 am

As Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder said, there's good and bad in everyone.

It's up to us which face we show.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 06:09 am
@Diest TKO,
Just had a quick flic through the pics on FB.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 06:25 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
Re: spendius (Post 3711400)
When I come to England, I intend to meet Spendius, blustery protestations and all...

That's good to hear.I'll have someone to hold my coat.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 06:51 am
?????????Who said that this thread couldn't be spoiled?
So sorry!
spendius

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 01:52 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Barry-- When you go on an international forum with descriptions of your activities and photographs you are making a little soap opera for the members. If you wish to keep it private there is the PM system. Nobody will spoil the game then.

Now an audience is entitled to speculate about the characters and the plot. Couch potato is the expression for gawping vacantly. And audience participation is allowed.

And it's an interesting plot. Hero jets in and meets Queen of Heaven. As basic as plots get. Not any old English A2Ker. It just so happens it's Queenie. A2K's answer to Helen of Troy.

Jealous rivals grumble. It's odd that Queenie doesn't seem as angry as you are. She has painted herself a richer shade of scarlet that I would dare. Have you seen her signature?

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 03:36 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

And it's an interesting plot. Hero jets in and meets Queen of Heaven. As basic as plots get. Not any old English A2Ker. It just so happens it's Queenie. A2K's answer to Helen of Troy.

This story is nice spendi, but it's the story you contrive because you AREN'T a part of it. Audience participation is limited, and you overstep your privilege.

spendius wrote:

Jealous rivals grumble. It's odd that Queenie doesn't seem as angry as you are. She has painted herself a richer shade of scarlet that I would dare. Have you seen her signature?

As I said, you're problem is that you think yourself to be too important. You aren't. You aren't even a character in this story. You can't stand that this isn't about you and so you rush in to get the attention your juvenile mind so demands like a drug. You aren't a rival, you are nobody.

Our story of coming together is to each of us a story about people who dare to step out of the virtual an into the actual. You say that all integrity is gone when we met, but that's bullshit. On the contrary, when we met, we got to see how congruent each of us was with our online persona. We got to observe each others speech. We were put on display to each other and it was more than simple text on a screen.

You cowardly assault our good feeling with your venomous jabbering. Should you ever have to meet any of A2K, you should hope that they are more patient and charitable than I.

You'll be just as unimpressive in the flesh as in the text, and you know it.

T
K
O
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 04:19 pm
As a long time railer at Spendius, and probable future railer, I fully understand TKO's and Bazza's points of view. I quit word games for the most part, back when he and mathos showed up, years ago now. On the other hand, I'm mellowing and can appreciate Spendius' good attributes. There are some, but don't depend on me to articulate them

His treatment of PQ is proto obnoxious, and he knows it, revels in it.

The thread derailing does aggravate me, at least twice in the past to explosivity, but I do that too sometimes or at least want to.

Anyway, there is another opportunity. Don't feed the person that is aggravating you.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 05:15 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
As I said, you're problem is that you think yourself to be too important.

Ask anybody you like TK, your Mom if you wish, to compare your member profile with mine and decide who thinks he's important the most between us.

Quote:
You'll be just as unimpressive in the flesh as in the text, and you know it.

Of course I know it. Why do you think I won't be attending any meets. Me in the flesh!! I don't inflict that experience on strangers. I'm pretty average. I fart 35 times a day like the scientists have discovered we all do. I have some other personal habits which I won't mention but anybody who wants to know me will have to deal with them. I'm not a veneer.

And you're asserting again. Not everybody finds my texts unimpressive. I find your's egospewie. So we're even on that.

When did you first get the idea of you and Queenie coming together?