Texas Couple Warns: "Survivers will be reshot"

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:22 pm
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/abc_texas_kid_shot_090511_mn.jpg

Texas Couple to Face Murder Charge for Shotgun Blast at Car that Killed Boy

Quote:
Outside the Muhs' house is a handpainted sign complete with misspelling and exclamation points that warns: "Trespassers Will Be Shot. Survivers Will Be Reshot!! Smile I Will."

What is wrong with this Texan mentality?

Moms, dads, and kids wanted to go off-roading. They stopped on the county-owned road outside the Muhs' home so one of the boys could go to the bathroom by the side of the road. The Muhs rushed out yelling and shooting! Several were injured, a boy died.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 2,511 • Replies: 32

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:24 pm
@Debra Law,
Is it a Texan mentality, or just a weird, paranoid couple?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:28 pm
http://www.vintagesignprojects.com/ncustom33.jpg
Mame

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:31 pm
@dyslexia,
So why aren't you dead? Never been to Texas, dys?

Are they related to Charles Manson, by any chance? She looks like she could be his sister. Sick and twisted doesn't even begin to cover this.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:36 pm
What's the problem? I have my Tepsassers Will Be Shoot and Runned Over and Stabbed sign on the front gate, just like all the neighbors. We only shoot those that needs killing. Apart from that, we're a peace loving people. We Texans are misunderstood, that's all.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:38 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Is it a Texan mentality, or just a weird, paranoid couple?

Bill strengthens Texans' right to use deadly force

Quote:
The bill has been dubbed the "Castle Doctrine," from the idea that a man's home is his castle and he has the right to defend it. Fifteen other states have passed similar laws.

"Law-abiding citizens now have the choice to defend themselves and their families in the face of attack knowing their decision will not be second-guessed by the State of Texas," said Chris W. Cox, chief lobbyist for the National Rifle Association.

Republican Sen. Jeff Wentworth of San Antonio, the architect of the bill in the Senate, has said the measure would create a legal presumption that an intruder is there to cause death or great bodily harm and that victims have the right to use deadly force.

The Senate approved the legislation last week.

The legislation also protects those using authorized deadly force from civil lawsuits filed by attackers.

In committee hearings, legislators heard stories about Texans who shot an intruder then found themselves arrested.

Driver said under the new law police and prosecutors can still press charges if they feel deadly force wasn't legal.

"We think Texans are smart enough to operate with the confines of this law," he said.

The state legislators thought wrong. It was completely foreseeable that the gun-toting, itchy-trigger-fingered anti-intellectuals of the state would use the castle law as a license to kill.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:44 pm
Colorado; February 15, 2007
The "Make My Day Better" bill won a surprise victory in the House on Wednesday, prompting critics to warn that it could lead to shootouts in stores.

But Rep. Cory Gardner, R-Yuma, said his bill would simply extend the original 1985 "Make My Day" law, which allows a person to use deadly force to defend himself in his home, to a person's place of business.

Opponents, however, blasted the bill's language as vague and too broad.

They pointed out that it allows "any occupant" of a place of business to use deadly force against a trespasser when the occupant has a "reasonable belief" that another crime is imminent and the intruder "might use any physical force, no matter how slight," against him.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:04 pm
@Debra Law,
In this part of the country, they don't usually need to be shot twice.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:32 pm
A kid died and these two cretins are being joked about.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:34 pm
@Debra Law,
Howd ya like to see her naked? Hey, somebody call waterboy, thats his species.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:54 pm
@farmerman,
That photo of her (never mind him, egad), reminds me of an old photo that was used as a Don't Smoke ad. Or, I think it was. Anyway, a familiar look.

Not of course to prejudge these folks. There's probably a thicket of stories there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 07:18 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

A kid died and these two cretins are being joked about.

I was responding to the "That's the way all Texans are" remarks, not the maniacs that shot those people.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
dont worry, I often have to go through West Virginia and East Kentucky where the Muhs would be looked up to as geniuses.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 11:02 pm
After looking at those mugshots of the deadeye Muhs, I'm going to have to rethink my position on eugenics.
roger

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 11:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
So was I, and had Debra Law characterized all Rhode Islanders the same way, I would have reacted the same way.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 12:03 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

So why aren't you dead? Never been to Texas, dys?

Are they related to Charles Manson, by any chance?
She looks like she could be his sister.
Sick and twisted doesn't even begin to cover this.

Hay, that woud have been GREAT,
if the Manson Gang had broken in on this family,
instead of burglarizing Sharon Tate's party or the La Bianca family.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 12:40 am

The facts as alleged in this story
do not indicate that anything was being defended,
if indeed, the victims were merely travelling along a public road.

If that be true, then there is no viable claim of self-defense
nor of property defense and the Castle Doctrine does not apply to these facts.

I wonder what motivated defendants' malice.

David
aidan

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 01:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
What's the problem? I have my Tepsassers Will Be Shoot and Runned Over and Stabbed sign on the front gate, just like all the neighbors. We only shoot those that needs killing. Apart from that, we're a peace loving people. We Texans are misunderstood, that's all.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 01:16 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
The state legislators thought wrong. It was completely foreseeable that the gun-toting, itchy-trigger-fingered anti-intellectuals of the state would use the castle law as a license to kill.

I think it goes beyond 'anti-intellectual'. Were the people who stopped intellectuals? Is that why they were shot - and how would these people know that?
Joking....just pointing out that you're engaging in another stereotype and actually one that's a real smear on caring people who live different life-styles everywhere- not just in Texas or West Virginia (for example).

This has nothing to do with smarts or degrees or studying -I think these people are mentally ill. And that's nothing to joke about either.

(But Edgar did hit a certain stereotyping nail on the head - and he did it in an amusing way).
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 01:47 am
@kuvasz,
That may be a good idea, Kuvasz. But how will you select those to be eliminated?
I am sure you are familiar with the famous quote by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.

If you really use conventional cognitive measurements, you should be prepared for the extimination of at least five million African-Americans.

But, that would really affect BO in his re-election drive in 2012.

That is why Eugenics is off the table!