CHIKEN POX TWICE???????

sozobe

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:08 pm
Oh my! Just catching up with this, I like when there are happy endings (and this seems pretty happy all things considered). Hope that it turns out to be entirely non-contagious though, and that he's feeling better soon.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:32 pm
Scary!

Poor little fella.

Glad it didn't turn out to be meningitis which is what I was thinking when I first started reading. I'm glad I didn't come across this thread until your son's problem was diagnosed!

I hope you both get a good night's sleep.
mismi

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 08:19 pm
@boomerang,
Well...I am so glad he will be okay - I know that scared you to death though! So sorry Iz...tell S boy my thoughts are with him and I hope he feels better very soon!
hugs to you hun!
mis
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 04:25 am
Just happened to see this. So glad that you took action and got it figured out so soon.
Best wishes for a quick recovery for the boyo and hope his momma gets some sleep.
Joe(bits 'n bits. Cracked me up.)Nation
Tai Chi

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:10 am
Hope he has a speedy recovery. Bet you're both glad he can only get it once!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:26 am
@Joe Nation,
Hey Hey

Well, we are back from the doctors (what a surreal world one can find themselves in at times....<different thread>

Little fella has been a little poorly today but it's definitely Pity Pits and Bits Razz

He's been trying very hard not to scratch (which for any bloke is difficult - sorry..... straight face back on) - but his groin area is the worst. Doctor says this is an auto immune response (mmmmmm) to a viral infection - in other words, as JPB said earlier - no-one quite knows why it happens - but it will go after about 6 weeks with about 2 weeks of itching - but he can go to school and see his friends and may just feel a little fatigued and "off" for a bit.

It doesn't look quite as "angry" as it did - so he's to continue to take the antihistamines and has been prescribed an emollient to use neat and for showering. Some of the lesions are quite big - really nasty looking - but all in all, it looks worse than it actually is and he'll be just coco in a few days, and "spotty" for another 5 weeks or so.

little fella is good Very Happy

very little chance of being a problem for my health Very Happy

Thanks everyone for being here. Appreciate it very much. x

edit: hey TC - yep..... certainly was scary last nite how quickly it came up - can't imagine how people who have allergic reactions cope ... leave alone meningitus.... scary! I am allergic to pethidine and come up in hives - only ever happened once - wouldn't want to go thru that again - but watching yer kid come up in a rash so quick and not knowing if it's gonna take a different direction.... yuk.

Doc says this will only ever happen to him once - so thats good!

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:25 am
@Izzie,
I can completely understand - one of my daughters went through this. One night she said mommy I don't feel well and was itchy. I turned on the lights and with horror saw her face especially around her eyes all swollen and red. I called the doctor's emergency number and they went through a whole series of questions, but seeing she had no problem breathing - they had the same conclusion. Fortunately it went away almost as quickly as it came.

Next day same thing so I brought her to the doctors and they pretty said the same thing. Within a week the outbreaks were gone.

But it is terrifying when it happens.
jespah

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 04:24 am
@Linkat,
Glad to see the little feller's on the mend.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 04:45 am
Sounds much better than before - Thank goodness.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:04 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie,

Poor S boy, I have just been learning about skin complaints and remebered that name so just looked it up - Piyriasis rosea is a common skin complaint of unknown cause, in which flat pink oval spots (macules) develop on the trunk and upper parts of the limbs. It mainly occurs in young people in sprink and autumn.

Hope the itching isn't getting him down too much.

I am off work too due to both kids throwing up all Monday evening and Tuesday morning, F boy continued to throw up into Tuesday evening all green stuff - horrible. They are feeling a bit better today and eating very small amounts. Have given them lucozade which they are trying to keep down.

You all take care, and wear some rubber gloves, fishing overalls and then you can hug him as much as you want! Laughing

X
0 Replies