4
   

"Mad Men": Anybody else watching/watched it, and love it?

 
 
hawkeye10
 
  2  
Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 07:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
does this clear it up?
Quote:
NineMSN’s catch-up site FIXPlay has added Mad Men to its titles on offer, and will air the first episode of Season 4 before it screens on Movie Extra.
Seasons One and Two are now online and Season Three joins from September 2nd (well before its FTA premiere).
The first episode of Season Four will also be available to watch from 8.30pm tonight, ahead of the season launch on Movie EXTRA (Thursday September 2nd at 8.30pm)
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/08/mad-men-season-premiere-online.html
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 07:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes, it does, hawkeye.
Thank you.

Damn.
It's been moved from the free to air network (SBS), where it gained considerably popularity with Oz audiences.
Looks like I'll have to buy the DVD.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 01:13 am
@msolga,
I'm happy to get the DVDs

OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 01:42 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I'm happy to get the DVDs
No commercials and u can back it up and re-play a scene if u wanna.





David
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 01:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
No commercials and u can back it up and re-play a scene if u wanna
Yes, but you can do that at a tiny fraction of the price with NetFlix or streaming....Buying DVD's is an expensive stone age way to get content.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 02:21 am
@hawkeye10,
David wrote:
No commercials and u can back it up and re-play a scene if u wanna
hawkeye10 wrote:
Yes, but you can do that at a tiny fraction of the price with NetFlix or streaming....
Buying DVD's is an expensive stone age way to get content.
U can see that I 'm still back in the Stone Age. Thanx for the information.
I have never used NetFlix (that 's just a temporary rental, right?)
nor have I ever streamed. I dunno how to stream.





David
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 06:45 pm
Quote:
Posted Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:00 PM | By Nina Shen Rastogi

And so is creator Matthew Weiner. AMC and Lionsgate just sent out a press release with the following welcome news:
AMC and Lionsgate today announced the return of the iconic series "Mad Men" for seasons five and six with series creator Matthew Weiner back on board as showrunner. Concurrently, it was announced that Weiner has signed a new long-term deal with Lionsgate, extending into a possible seventh season. The announcements were made by Charlie Collier, president of AMC, and Kevin Beggs, president of Lionsgate Television Group.
The announcement indicates that neither Roger nor Betty will be getting the boot:
Mad Men's award-winning ensemble cast includes: Golden Globe-winner Jon Hamm, January Jones, Elisabeth Moss, Vincent Kartheiser, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Jared Harris, Rich Sommer, Aaron Staton, Robert Morse and Kiernan Shipka.
Rejoice, exhale, etc.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/browbeat/

Great News!
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 07:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
That is good news. (Even if we in Oz won't get to see it for donkeys ages!)

I would have hated to see a number of the established cast "rationalized" out of the next series. I just wouldn't be the same Mad Men any more!
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 08:01 pm
I was wondering, as I typed that, where is mac11?
Come back, mac!
I really miss your input!
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 08:12 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
(Even if we in Oz won't get to see it for donkeys ages)
I time shift almost all of my content. Mad Men is the only show I try to watch in real time. Everything else I see when it comes on Netflix , on demand cable, or off of the DVR. I only see one or two movies per year in the theater. Once you get used to shifting the old way seems outrageously inconvenient and expensive.

A lot of people were thinking that Roger was on the way out, and he still might be out of day to day operations at the firm. We dont see much of Betty now that they are divorced, so it will be interesting watch what this character is given to do. I fully expect her to have a fling with Don, but other than that she is difficult to include. Is she going to become a working mother, maybe as a model? Is don going to decide that he needs an assistant and someone to keep him in line so he employs her at the firm? IDK, but something interesting must be planned for her.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 05:56 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
(Even if we in Oz won't get to see it for donkeys ages)
hawkeye10 wrote:
I time shift almost all of my content. Mad Men is the only show I try to watch in real time. Everything else I see when it comes on Netflix , on demand cable, or off of the DVR. I only see one or two movies per year in the theater.

Once you get used to shifting the old way seems outrageously inconvenient and expensive.
Do we want movie theaters to become extinct ?
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 06:32 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
A lot of people were thinking that Roger was on the way out, and he still might be out of day to day operations at the firm. We dont see much of Betty now that they are divorced, so it will be interesting watch what this character is given to do. I fully expect her to have a fling with Don, but other than that she is difficult to include. Is she going to become a working mother, maybe as a model? Is don going to decide that he needs an assistant and someone to keep him in line so he employs her at the firm? IDK, but something interesting must be planned for her.

Not having yet seen series 4 (damn, damn!) I am completely in the dark about the latest developments.
The last episode I saw (of series 3) Betty was out flying to Nevada (?) to divorce Don & marry her new love interest.
I so what to see series 4!
0 Replies
 
Phoenix32890
 
  1  
Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:06 am
I know that there were some contractual problems that was gumming up the works. This is "hot off the presses".

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/mad_men_deal_keeps_cast_intact_60mxJ34tXZ2yp2QIe2NcJP
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:08 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
"Mad Man" will be back -- along with its entire cast.

Hooray! Very Happy
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 11:14 pm
Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Netflix will start streaming the hit TV series "Mad Men" in a multi-year deal the online movie rental company struck with Lions Gate, the show's producer.

Netflix Inc. and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. said late Tuesday the show's first four seasons will be available beginning July 27, with additional seasons added each year after they air on AMC.

Netflix is already streaming the first four seasons of "Mad Men" in Canada. Set in the 1960s, the drama series stars Jon Hamm as an advertising executive working in Manhattan. The fifth season will return in early 2012.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Hit-show-Mad-Men-will-be-apf-2330764728.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=7&asset=&ccode=
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:39 pm
I've (finally!) gotten my hands on series 4.
And have watched about 4 episodes so far.
I don't want to say too much about the latest developments, as I know Deb hasn't watched series 3 yet.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, or the length of time since I watched series 3, or maybe I was expecting too much?
.... but so far this series seems flatter, less rich & exciting than the previous 3 series.
What do you say, Mckenzie?
Or anyone else who's watched it?
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 08:06 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
I don't know, maybe it's just me, or the length of time since I watched series 3, or maybe I was expecting too much?
.... but so far this series seems flatter, less rich & exciting than the previous 3 series.
What do you say, Mckenzie?
Or anyone else who's watched it?
I think it was pacing by design, but some commentators thought that the first 1/3 of the season was a bit weak.
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 08:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
You may be right (about the pacing), hawkeye.
I'll have to see how the plot develops to know whether I agree or not.
To me it lacked the oomph (for want of a better word) of earlier episodes. I found my interest lagging a bit at times, which rather surprised me.
Seemed like the script needed development, or something ...
Hard to put my finger on why it felt rather flat.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 08:19 pm
@msolga,
ever heard of transition?
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 08:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Of course I have.
I'm not sure if that's what the problem was (for me) though.
Anyway I'll see how it develops & report back later on.
 

Related Topics

top 10 t.v. - Discussion by dyslexia
Who is the worst actor of all time? - Discussion by tsarstepan
Hell is living in a sitcom? - Discussion by tsarstepan
Orange is the New Black - Discussion by tsarstepan
Game of Thrones (HBO), the Wall?? - Question by gungasnake
M*A*S*H - Question by boomerang
Larry King To Hang Up His Suspenders - Discussion by firefly
The Best TV Shows No One Has Heard Of - Discussion by Brandon9000
John Stewart meets Bill O'Reilly - Discussion by Thomas
Jumping the Shark - Discussion by chai2
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/20/2021 at 04:41:58