8 year old girl not allowed to unnul marriage..husband 47

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 11:39 pm
Quote:
CNN) -- A Saudi judge has refused for a second time to annul a marriage between an 8-year-old girl and a 47-year-old man, a relative of the girl told CNN.

The most recent ruling, in which the judge upheld his original verdict, was handed down Saturday in the Saudi city of Onaiza, where late last year the same judge rejected a petition from the girl's mother, who was seeking a divorce for her daughter.

The relative said the judge, Sheikh Habib Al-Habib, "stuck by his earlier verdict and insisted that the girl could petition the court for a divorce once she reached puberty." The family member, who requested anonymity, added that the mother will continue to pursue a divorce for her daughter.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/04/12/saudi.child.marriage/

did the judge make the right call?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,103 • Replies: 1
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 01:44 am
@hawkeye10,
Well if they run out of oil they could then go into wholesale selling of their children.

Let see I would not be interested in an 8 year old however at 6o a second wife around 16 might be fun.

Or ot would be fun if my wife would not kill me.
0 Replies