How often do you clean your house?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:40 pm
I clean like mad if people I know to clean like mad are due to visit. Once a place I live in is remodelled, freshly painted, whatever, then I am a good girl for a while about keeping it looking nice. But, I am just as comfortable, well, more so, with some amount of chaos visible on various surfaces. I have a sense of order within the chaos and in a way see my thoughts visible in the display of papers, cds, photos, stacks of bills paid and unpaid, little piles of earrings, dishes with unwrapped nice soaps, jars of paint brushes, stacks of books, unfinished New Yorkers, basket of laundry to move to back of house, tape measure, gathering of nails and screws to bring to back cupboard, three oranges... well, really, I kind of like all this stuff around. Plus one always can find a corgihair bundling wafting toward a room edge....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 02:08 am
Every week on Saturday !!

Floors are scrubbed till they shine
Bathrooms are scrubbed till they shine
Kitchen surfaces, including all white goods are scrubbed till they shine
All furniture is scrubbed till it shines
Rugs are vaccumed
Bed linen is chaged
Garden and front yard is swept

I am a typical librain, even if one thing is out of place in my house, I get annoyed....
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 02:16 am
I clean when the roaches and mice start complaining Cool
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 03:45 am
The dust bunnies have mated six dozen times.

I AM SO SICK OF THE SEXUALIZATION OF WE BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 03:48 am
Then stop, it is in your power - take control of your life Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 03:59 am
How often do I clean my house. More than I wish I had to and not as much as I should.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:06 am
DON'T STORE FOOD IN PLASTIC!!!!!

Wolfie - I HAVE taken control - these folk will not recognize it...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:14 am
I blame it on the mail (perhaps the male, too Smile )... it comes in and immediately begins to mess up the house.

I have a library full of books on how to clean your house better. Nothing works. Apparently you are supposed to do more than read the books.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:45 am
In an effort to keep bugs out of my apartment, my kitchen and bathroom are fairly clean. The rest of the place isn't. I make an effort to dust and vaccuum when company is expected. (Maybe monthly?) I do laundry every couple of weeks, but I hate it.

The Scumbuster looks like a very nifty toy. I hate the chemicals involved with getting the tub really clean.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:48 am
I clean my tub with an old net bath sponge and a little bit of Dr. Bronner's Amazing Liquid Soap. It works great.

http://www.drbronner.com/images/peppermint-s.jpg

The tile shower floor, is another story. <shudder> I hate trying to clean that.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 12:03 pm
If I live with someone else, I turn into a clean-freak ... I must have everything organized, tidy and cleaned five minutes after use or I become a demon.

However, I am a slob when living alone. I will not do the dishes until I have used up every other cup, saucer, plate, knife, fork and spoon. I will not do laundry until I literally do not have a clean stitch of clothing left to my name (I have four laundry baskets). I do not wash floors unless they are sticky. I do not change the curtains unless I can no longer see out through them. I do not defrost the fridge until I am unable to fit anything more than a tub of ice-cream into the freezer box.

I never invite anyone into my home because I am too lazy to clean it up - fit enough for company anyway. It's fine for me but I'd rather die than allow someone through the door to see it. I suffer from the Catholic guilts on that sort of thing. My mom would go on huge cleaning sprees every week. Growing up we had a full day of house-cleaning where we polished, washed, ironed, vacuumed everything in sight.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 01:19 pm
Gautam wrote:
Every week on Saturday !!

Floors are scrubbed till they shine
Bathrooms are scrubbed till they shine
Kitchen surfaces, including all white goods are scrubbed till they shine
All furniture is scrubbed till it shines
Rugs are vaccumed
Bed linen is chaged
Garden and front yard is swept

I am a typical librain, even if one thing is out of place in my house, I get annoyed....

Your cleaning lady/maid comes in on Saturday??? Twisted Evil

I recall the laundry crisis when she went on holidays!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 01:36 pm
Gee !! A man cant have a secret anymore Laughing

This week I have also employed a man who will come every weekend (Sat again) to clean my car Smile

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo lazy !
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 01:50 pm
memory.....

<snicker>
0 Replies

Rose

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 02:10 pm
Hi fellow-scrubbers---- Very Happy we deserve each other, huh?

Like mac11, I like a clean kitchen counter and sink, and a clean bathroom. The rest, well-
all of us {me, son, hubby} try to pitch in and 'whisk broom' or vac a little.

Buy those little ziplok or glad throwaway storers.
They do not cost much (are reusable) or can be tossed at few cents cost with their green growth!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 02:20 pm
Ok, I ordered a Scumbuster! Embarrassed
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:24 pm
Enjo products clean with just different fibres - and water - no chemicals. But - they are expensive!

I did find a cheaper fibre mop - it picks up dirt and fur when dry - and mops with just water when wet. Gets things pretty clean. I have a couple of Enjo products, too.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:37 pm
First off, the bunny is a hippie. C'mon, admit it. Don't store food in plastic? Please....it's easily cleaned, and reusable. Second thing, as for cleaning the house, I prefer to wait until I can afford to hire someone to do it, but Mrs. cav has an actual work ethic, so we meet somewhere inbetween. Laughing Given the catering, we actually do need to get the pros in once a month, minimum. Also, I called one of those "green" cleaning services once, and what a crock of crap that was...first, they wanted to do an inspection of our place, to see if it was "green-friendly", before they would agree to clean, then, if we didn't pass the test, we would have to buy all-new products, conveniently from them, and throw away all our un-environmentally friendly ones. Bugger them. We had someone else come in instead who actually just wanted some money to clean.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:47 pm
I clean what I have to when I have to, or when it irritates me.....and Ive come a long way baby...I used to have everything spotless, spending all my spare time cleaning and organizing...then I got smart and figured..eh, its not going anywhere..I am Smile
Laundry..dropped off weekly...ah, so nice.
Dishes, when I do a full dinner menu and/or the tub is filled up...kinda like filling up the dishwasher however this one doesnt exactly like to do it on command, even from myself.
vacuuming...try to do it when I can end up doing it like every other week...dont ask..the cleaner and i dont get along well but, I try.
Dust..my worst affliction. I havent dusted in a month.
Cats dont mind so, eh...it adds character.
I love scrubbing bubbles...and that citrus after shower spray too.
I have a bad habit of wanting to clean everyone elses house...does that count? Well, I dont do it anymore...I resist the urge so, I dont think it does count really.
I cleaned out the fridge this past weekend. I try to do that about 4 times a year...this year I think it was 3.
I clean out the closets a few times a year too, and the drawers once or twice.
I need a cleaner. Where can I find a cleaner? Used to have someone that came in once/twice a week to dust and vacuum...she was great...shed do dishes if they were in the sink, take out the garbage, clean the bath, pick up dirty clothes....it really is nice to have an old fashioned gal around when you need one.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 06:03 pm
One of my new neighbour's has asked if she could do some cleaning for me. I think I'm going to save up some money, clean up a little AND then hire her for a bit of further cleaning.
0 Replies