How often do you clean your house?

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:28 pm
And the dissertation loomed over you for the duration of our living together. Lucky me, I guess.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:28 pm
dag - it is divine. i need to get another rechargeable battery, so i don't have to wait for the recharge when i'm in the scumbusting mood.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:42 pm
oh my.
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 08:31 pm
Confused

Oh god, I'm so guilty. Me mum didn't instill the better qualities. (Always good to blame the mom cause underneath there's the implied love that negates the blame...)

I wait until:

No surface is visible beneath the paper debris.

The dust bunnies have mated six dozen times.

The dishes are a science project in advanced urban-biosystems.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

I think I feel so bad I'll clean up. Tomorrow. When I can see things better around here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 08:45 pm
hahaha. Even as slobbish as I am, I hate dishes going to seed.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 08:55 pm
my aunt Betty always does a complete house clean every monday, on 2 occassions her husband at the time, died while she was cleaning, she did not call anyone until after finishing cleaning the house because she did not want anyone coming in and seeing the house unclean while removing the remains of the deceased. TRUE....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 08:57 pm
wow
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:03 pm
Littlek, a clean house happens as the need arises as far as I'm concerned. I feel much more comfortable in a lived in house than I do in a showplace.

BBB, all that dust can just sit for quite some time--you might find that it will get up and walk away all by itself! Not really, of course and I do appreciate anyone with an animal, especially outdoors animals.

Bueedlesquoink, what are mothers for if not to blame for all one's bad habits. My mother was a clean freak and made me feel like a slob. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Clutter everywhere!!!

There are things in the refrigerator that might well be alien life forms. My problem is that I become frightened of them and leave them alone--if I don't bother them maybe they won't bother me.

Actually, I have to psych myself up to do that awful job. I like a clean kitchen, especially work surfaces and I like clean clothes and sheets, etc. Also, the bathroom gets a going over, but nothing special.

I used to feel guilty about this sloppiness--no more. Dys is easy and we both try to keep it from getting out of hand.

Fred the parrot has his own ideas of cleanliness and his little poops can sometimes be found, but he tends to stay near his cage. Besides, he's so cute that we would never complain.

Love us, love our parrot.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:05 pm
You live with Dys?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:08 pm
Just read Dys's post.

His aunt's husbands both died on Mondays. Cleaning day.

Nothing must interfere with having a clean house.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:09 pm
He's easy?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:14 pm
Very........................
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:17 pm
Diane: you are me.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:32 pm
Beedlesquoink, we may be the only two people who realize that it isn't mere paranoia to avoid those nasty things in the frig. Cool
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:37 pm
Hey, first time they get ugly with me, out they go.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:47 pm
I unfortunately end up tossing the tupperware along with the sporespawn. I hate replacing tupperwares. I hate not recycling the glass jars even more. BUT, I guess I hate the mold more than all else.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:55 pm
a neat house is a sign of a sick mind,,,,,,,,?

i clean at the last moment, if i really have to.
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:07 pm
Now tupperware is some kind of psychological scam. I buy those bargain boxes every few weeks. I think: "I'm brilliant, I'm going to make tomorrow's food each day and stay economically ahead. I don't. The tupperware fills with food that spoils. It becomes tomorrow's trash. It's me, I know. I'm a home economics failure. Basically, tomorrow slides right by then it's the day after tomorrow and chemistry wins.
I often throw the tupperware box out without even reusing it.

One ofd these days...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:11 pm
Hey, Roger, I like your attitude. Don't let them mess with you. Give them a mile and they multiply like mad. Horny little devils.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:28 pm
SquiddleBeedle - that's right, cut out the middle step all together. I put left-overs in the tupperware and then wait a few days. Once I'm not sure it's still ok, I wait a few more days. Then I know the food is ripe for tossing out. But, if I don't right then it gets shoved to the back of the fridge and when it gets tossed, the tupperware goes with it.
0 Replies