Need your opinion on a tatoo design!

mrhunt

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 02:30 am
Some of you may remeber My last topic on a tatoo.....A few of my ideas didnt go over so well but it Did help to push my design into a more subtle and hopefully less offensive approach....

The Obvious overall design of the tatoo has to Do With athiesm and How i find Religion to be So....Well,not the time or place.....but You get the drift.My Main question is this.......I think the center of the shield is Too Plain,The Cross is too plain but i dont want the overall thing to be SUPER Detailed or teh tatoo would be huge....

So whats a good idea For the Center of the Shield? A Subtle Like Dimond pattern of lines or something? I dunno...I'll link to the psd if anyone wants.....

And i Know some people dont like tatoos,I know it'll get fucked up when im older Etc etc etc.I Appreciate that sort of advice but please keep it to yourselves.Mahalo.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9290/tatoodesign.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,995 • Replies: 23
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 03:27 am
I don't get anything when I click your link, so I can't comment on the design, but if you've got any words in it, for god's sake use spellcheck before you give the design to the guy with the needle. Your spelling is a little erratic, and you probably don't want to spend the next fifty years with something spelled wrong all over you.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 03:31 am
Ah, okay. Second time I did get the link. Kinda baroque. Lose the little spearpoints in the middle. I'm glad to see the spelling is okay (tho it's "atheism", not athiesm")
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 04:01 am
Yeah,The spear points Were a matter of question to me as well So i appreciate all input.I was thinking of some detailed lines or something similar As usually found at the top Of Crests Or Things Like that....

Btw,Wtf does baroqe mean?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 04:02 am
The detail in the image is too small to tell exactly what those beings that support the shield on either side are--guys with a lot of gel so that they have very pointy hairdos?, sort of strange elephants with wings?--probably something else entirely, but the wings make them seem kind of like angels, whatever they aresupposed to be, and something that reminds one of an angel is a little incongruous if you're supporting atheism. Maybe rethink the iconography.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:21 am
@mrhunt,
I take it your not going into the ministry ?

Looks cool to me.

Only suggestion

Translate the "reason over faith " into Chinese or Cherokee

0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
Montereyjack,The image is of a fine size,Just make sure you move your mouse over The Image and enlarge it to its normal size,When it first loads it will be At a reduced size so you wont be able to see what it is.....

just enlarge.And no,No ministry for me,Id rather kill mysefl.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:58 pm
@mrhunt,
<my qualifications to comment - 3 pieces of skin art - planning # 4>

even at 'full' size, it's too small for the amount of the detail you want to put in there

if you want that much stuff, you need to double, better yet triple, the size of the tat

if you want that size, you need to simplify things considerably

enjoy your ink!
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 12:30 am
I like this design. I would just say bring the picture to the artist you're going to have actually do it and tell them you kinda want something a little different than the actual picture. They would probably have the best suggestion and they could draw up something from their own mind that could make it exactly what you want! =)
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 01:57 am
Im going to bring it To an apprentice Tatoo Friend of mine and He's going to give me More information On Pricing,An Appropriate Scale and Even Do a draw up on it for me As he's pretty good at sketching....

Now if i had the money to fly to LA To have The Kat von Deese People do it! Or LA Ink Or something! YEAH! THAT would be a dream come true!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 02:23 am
I don 't think much of the Peace Corps or of baseball; not interesting.

For sure, I woud not commemorate either of them
by painting them on MY body.

Every man to his own taste.

David
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 02:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
amazing design, an awesome tattoo

the black shield in the back has to go or become more defined on the bottom and have more white to it.

or just be taken out altogether.

kat is SOOO hot! i know right! mmm gettin a peice of that..
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 02:57 am
@OGIONIK,
also, you are doing this over your shoulders right?

on the back, shoulder to shoulder, or 2/3 that?
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 03:20 am
@mrhunt,
looks like crap to me

the logo should be reason for faith

thatd get the customers guessing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 03:33 am
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:

the black shield in the back has to go or become more defined on the bottom and have more white to it.

It looks like an advertizement for fencing .
with that sword prominently displayed with the shield.
mrhunt

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 02:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Its actually an upside down cross Trying to Go with the Whole "anti Religious" Theme but I Do Tend to agree with you now and its become one of the main issues with the design.....the cross was Like a last minute thing thrown in there And its not 100% What i want.....I want to make a Semi Detailed Pattern Like Diamond Lines Or Something on the shield background and Maybe Remove the cross alltogether.....

As For baseball or Whatever? The Design has nothing to do with that So im not sure how you go to that conclusion..
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 02:49 pm
@mrhunt,
mrhunt wrote:

Its actually an upside down cross Trying to Go with the Whole "anti Religious" Theme but I Do Tend to agree with you now and its become one of the main issues with the design.....the cross was Like a last minute thing thrown in there And its not 100% What i want.....I want to make a Semi Detailed Pattern Like Diamond Lines Or Something on the shield background and Maybe Remove the cross alltogether.....

As For baseball or Whatever? The Design has nothing to do with that So im not sure how you go to that conclusion..

I only meant that if I have a low opinion of something,
I 'd not give it space -- permanent space-- on my body.

I 'd not want to put anything that I think is bad on my own body.
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 10:03 pm
Oh and by the way an upside down cross isn't actually a sign of atheism, an upside down cross symbolizes santanism. And if you were truly an atheist why would you get a picture of a cross on yourself whether it be face up, down, left, or right. By having a cross states that you believe in something whether for or against, because you believe the cross means something. A true atheist believes in nothing, by having a cross you're saying a cross is related to god. A true atheist wouldn't get a tattoo involving something religous because you would believe in nothing of the sort. And if you don't know what an upside down cross means why would you even get it?
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 10:24 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
an upside down cross is perfect simply for that reason alone.

if he openly states he is against god.

but in reality, satan is a product of god, and people who believe in fairy tales..

he is openly denying satan as aswell.

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 10:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OGIONIK wrote:

It looks like an advertizement for fencing .
with that sword prominently displayed with the shield.

shut

the

up.

just kidding david, have my babies.
0 Replies