Papal paradox

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 06:30 pm
LUANDA, Angola " Pope Benedict XVI, welcomed to this sweltering capital Friday by the biggest crowds of his African pilgrimage, condemned sexual violence against women in Africa and chided those countries on the continent that have approved abortion.
my opinion--disallowing abortion is equal to rape by the state.

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 06:47 pm
The old Holy Joe Clown also condemned the use of condoms to combat HIV/AIDS, and advised abstinence as the method to fight the disease. Welcome to Fantasy Land.

Just say no to Popes.
dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 07:16 pm
mumpad wrote:

Well I aint having sex with him if he's not wearing a condom
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 07:43 pm
There was a great Doonesbury cartoon strip once, which showed a teenage boy watching television, and he is obviously confusing condoms and condos, so he hollers at this father: "Hey Dad, what does sex have to do with real estate?"

"Everything Son, why?"
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 07:47 pm
maybe if they'd elect younger popes they could get away with one papal doctor

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 08:31 pm
@Setanta,
To prevent pregnancy or STD's, abstinence has worked every time it has been tried.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 08:34 pm
@mysteryman,
The question is not whether or not abstinence works, it is whether or not it is realistic to expect the human race to practice abstinence in matters of sexual gratification. Do you really need to be told just how likely that is?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 09:02 pm
@Setanta,
I gave MM a thumbs up on that since, whether he meant it that way or not, I take it as a witticism.

On the pope, I can, but don't want, to put a paragraph together that is grossly indicting, full of moral accusation. It about kills me that a man of such presumptive power for good can do such ill. Anyway, I'll pass, but wish some competitive voices would show up on the pope track - though I figure any such nest of disagreement, perhaps among theologians, would by now be cleaned out.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 12:36 am
@ossobuco,
huh ---

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,25216429-2703,00.html

Yay, to Spain.

I knew Ratzinger first as a theologian, and so I see that as a channel.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 01:59 am
@Setanta,
The Pope did not condemn condoms. He said they are not going to solve the problem.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 02:07 am
@saab,
How illuminating.
saab

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 04:44 am
@ossobuco,
As long as there are men in Europe who have AIDS and still do not use condoms but sleep with several women or men without telling them I donĀ“t think condoms in Africa will solve the problem either.
People have to learn to take responsibilities and concideration of others.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 05:37 am
The Catholic Church is merely pandering to its constituency base. Catholic Church loves multiples of new little Catholics and breeding like lemmings is unquestionably the way to heaven.

EVERY SPERM IS SACRED
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 06:44 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
The Pope did not condemn condoms. He said they are not going to solve the problem.

I didn't say the Pope had condemned condoms, what i specifically wrote was:

Quote:
The old Holy Joe Clown also condemned the use of condoms to combat HIV/AIDS, and advised abstinence as the method to fight the disease.

--so, i wrote that he condemned the use of condoms, not that he condemned condoms, per se. However, if you are so serious about bringing the light of papal wisdom to the world, why don't you talk to the thousands of people who don't agree with, the evidence of which i readily found when doing a Google search for the criterion "pope condemns condoms. It yield 46,000 results in .19 seconds. From BBC, the "Your Views" section, "Pope condemns condoms." From the "Deep Thoughts" web log at Blogspot-dot-com, "The Pope condemns condoms in Africa". At Nigerians in America-dot-com, a thread entitled "Pope condemns condoms.".

Do me the courtesy of not subjecting me to your straw man bullshit, 'K?

Ratzinger is a clown who seems to have an amazing ability to publicly step on his own dick about once a week.
farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:03 am
@Setanta,
The causitive comment of this commotion concerns the condemnantion of condoms. CORRECT?
djjd62

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:17 am
is the ignoring of my post some kind of punishment

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:38 am
@farmerman,
Apparently--i suspect a fondness for the Pope is at the heart of it, though.

By the way, ignore Djjd . . . we don't want to encourage low humor in such a serious matter.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:42 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8
0 Replies