What's the best way to tell your best friend you love them?

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 05:01 am
I have a best guy friend and I told him that I loved him too.

But, I tell ALL my friends I love them. So, how i went about it was to make sure that he would hear me tell this to my friends a few times before I told him.
That way, if it DID make him uncomfortable ( which you can immediately tell) then you can always just say " hey. you are my friend. And just like alllll my others, I love you just the same"
If it gets sticky after that, you have several examples he has experienced of you telling your friends how much you just love them and love them in your life.

This may not work for everyone though . But for me it did. And that is because i am the type of person who -will- tell my friends that I do love them because it is true. Im not shy about saying that and if you are my friend you will know that I love you. So hearing words like that often from me let him know that he did not need to be 'afraid' and that he KNEW even as a friend I loved him .......... which is the safest way to say something like that.
And the undertone of the words were accepted as well.

Sometimes, that is the best start. Wink
0 Replies

smalltown4

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 02:20 pm
Im having a really bad problem, see here recently I have been hanging out with my best guy friend. You will have to know the back round of this to know why this is pretty bad. See when I was 16 I got with this guy && we dated off && on for 9 months. The 9th month came around && I was heading to my sisters house for spring break, sophomore year. Him && I got in to a huge fight and it ended by us hating each other. We had legit hated each other. We do not talk for 3 years. He is with someone&& I have a baby. Im 19 he is 21. I just get out of a horrible relationship with my sons father. Well I ran into a old friend && she invited me over to hang out with her && When I get there , there he is. He was engaged to an old friend of mine. Well we ended up becoming friends for her sake. Then they broke up && I become the best friend. I have strong feelings for him but when it comes time to tell him I freeze up && chicken out. I think if I tell him I will lose him as a friend && that is to much to risk you can say.I just dont know what to do?

Smalltown
0 Replies

sricky

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:27 am
@GoneWithTheWind,
First of all, you have to confirm that has he some feelings about you? If you think he has, then go and say him. If you he treats you just as a friend then don't approach him because this may be dangerous for your friendship....
0 Replies

andwilson

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 05:09 am
@GoneWithTheWind,
you should wait for some time and try to find out that your friend also loves you or not? If he loves you, then move ahead and tell him that you also loves him. But if he don't, then try to build some good impression on him by doing anything that he might likes.
This would attract him towards you and then you would say those three words.
0 Replies