make a police report

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 04:12 am
I know it is correct to say 'lodge a police report'. Is it correct to say 'make a police report'?

Many thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 988 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 04:37 am
In the American language, one is most likely to say "make a police report." Personally, i've never come across the use of an expression "lodge a police report." It is common in the American language to say "lodge a complaint," or "lodge a complaint with the police."
0 Replies

Related Topics

deal - Question by WBYeats
Drs. = female doctor? - Question by oristarA
Let pupils abandon spelling rules, says academic - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Please, I need help. - Question by imsak
Is this sentence grammatically correct? - Question by Sydney-Strock
"come from" - Question by mcook
  1. Forums
  2. » make a police report
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/30/2023 at 06:19:59