so what's for breakfast today?

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 01:17 pm
coz it's almost over
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 06:51 pm
a bad bad day

Benadryl and tea for breakfast. By 10:00 a.m. a co-worker told me i'd better get some solid food, since i was somewhat obviously stoned Shocked on cold medication.

tomorrow it will be solids BEFORE the Bendadryl
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:56 am
oatmeal. with raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, and a heaping teaspoon of sugar. the penitent's breakfast.

god, i miss those hungover breakfasts at jack in the box, but i'm trying to replace the money that i transferred from my credit cards to bars in those days. why the hell can't drinking, smoking, drugs, and greasy food be good for you? man, it just ain't fair.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 11:19 am
Sick again, Beth? Or allergies???

I have an egg cooked in salsa with a bit of aged cheddar sitting on the stove, but I've got to reheat it now, darn it. I turned it off when I got busy feeding animals.

edit -- ugh, I still can't eat it. I'm afraid I'll just have to wait 'til lunch, now.

Oh well, I've had plenty of coffee.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:01 pm
I ate two packets of oatmeal and two potato latkes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:02 pm
oh Beth - yeah, eat first.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:08 pm
tomorrow
i'll eat tomorrow
today it was 5 cups of lemon tea (thanks to a friend in the Catskills), 2 benadryl, 2 cups of regular tea, 1 vat of Masala Chai from Lettieri, 1 cookie, a piece of swiss cheese and just now, an orange Milano
i'll be better tomorrow
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:25 pm
Beth - you must eat tomorrow!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:31 pm
ehBeth- Do you drive to work? Be mighty careful of the Benadryl. I used to take one at night, and was still feeling the effects the next morning. Once I nearly ran into a cement pole!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:45 pm
No more driving to work, thank goodness! I just filled up the tank on the Civic for the first time since the end of July. Amazing!

I am going to at least take some rice crackers to work tomorrow. Maybe they'll tempt me. I was taken out to lunch by a vendor today - all i could manage was tea and a raspberry cookie. I'm at that weird, nothing's appealing, part of this cold. (Piffka, it's the cold i was fighting a month ago, it finally managed to catch hold of me).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:00 pm
Beth, eat before you take the meds, When I was ill last winter I realized it was the meds that made me uninterested in food, not the virus.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:13 pm
ehbeth- You need to eat. If you don't you will further weaken your immune system, and it will be harder for you to throw off the cold. Even if solid food does not hold much appeal, get something light- Apple sauce, Jello, rice pudding- something that goes down easily. In a pinch, get yourself a couple of cans of Ensure Plus- Has calories and nutrition. You will feel much better in the long run!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:56 pm
I thought I would come and brag that this morning I actually ate a breakfast food for breakfast -- an toasted English muffin. No cake/donuts/sweet stuff around -- must go to the store soon.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:58 pm
Hmmmm, jello. That might work. I've probably got some little containers in the fridge that I could have. Maybe I'll get a smoothie at Cultures tomorrow - those have calories without tasting oily. Thanks, l'k and Phoenix, i'll try to be more responsible tomorrow.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 09:55 pm
ehbeth
you ARE taking your vitamin c Surprised
and zinc lozenges
aren't you
AND drink plenty of water!
though it is safer, distilled
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 09:58 pm
Today I actually ate something different
for breakfast. I strayed from my
daily diet of oatmeal every morning
with fresh strawberries, peaches,
(but the peach season is over)
So I had cream of wheat instead.
WOW what a change This is what
you call living on the wild side.....Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:07 pm
Sucking zinc lozenges and vitamin C caps at work all day, babs. Will try to eat something before the meds now and tomorrow morning.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:14 pm
ehBeth- I use Zicam (zinc nose drops), vitamin C and Echinacea. Gotta be careful about echinacea, so I only use it for a few days. Works like a charm, if you catch it at the beginning of a cold.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:26 pm
Babs - I don't agree with the distilled water being safer thing!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 10:58 am
(k - aboot the ootmeel. dump the packets and get the real stuff. you nuke one cup of oats with two cups of water for two and a half minutes, and you've got the real deal. "instant," my patoot (grrr, i'm an old, old man about me oots).)
0 Replies