so what's for breakfast today?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:41 am
I finally found something to satisfy the dogs and me - smoked roast chicken and cheddar on toasted multi grain bread - some kind of onion-mustard spread on top - the dogs got a sample of the chicken and cheddar and toast crusts - they love CRUNCH - i'm having devonshire english breakfast tea (and searching for a cookie) to follow - Bailey and Cleo each got a weekend rawhide to relax with.
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:03 am
Breakfast is still in the thinking stage, but sounds like an onion bagel, crem cheese, Nova Scotia salmon bits and red onion washed down with black coffee before I go meet my friends at the Hot Ponds near Pahoa for a session with Bill W. and a warm swim.

Excuse me, I must hola hola.

aloha
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:14 am
HehBeth, I had toast with almond butter and honey and a big mugga joe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:21 am
almondbutter and honey - sounds interesting - very cakelike
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:24 am
not terribly cake like in reality.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:48 am
I make bold to suggest there are few things in all creation to equal the smell of bacon sizzling in an iron skillet and the flavor pretty much gratifies the anticipatory juices. Moreover, in my experience, once consumed the stuff is generally enjoyed throughout the whole livelong day, ruminatively speaking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:22 am
Considering rumination. I think the dogs would appreciate it.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:22 pm
I'm sorry. I fail to understand the concept of left-over bacon!!?!?! Confused
Give to dogs Shocked

Must be some sort of furren idea Exclamation

But then I see that bagels have snuck their odd little heads up again Idea
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:29 pm
Well, Stripe gets in on the bacon action, too!

If//// WHEN we come to OZ, we will bring you a bag 'o Bagels!

I, for one, am getting hungry. I think I'll have my favorite, and I know it's in the frig... cottage cheese and fresh strawberries.

<swoon>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:40 pm
Bagels are just about a perfect breakfast component, Margo.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:43 pm
Saturday mornings (hey I just woke up) means vodka and juice, the best time to drink is in the morning (or when you wake up) when you have a dehydrated mouth and an empty stomach.

Drinking at other times just means you have to drink that much more for your buzz and that's wholly inappropriate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:03 pm
good gawd Craven, you'll be one sorry puppy in boot camp.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:05 pm
hmmmm, well since the alcohol will lead to further dehydration, that premise may not be entirely successful, craven.

yup, boot camp will be interesting. i wonder who we know who'll be able to get video of craven at camp.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:10 pm
Oooooh, aaahhhh, good thought Beth <grin>
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:20 pm
Beth,

Success isn't half as fun as attempts at achieving it in this case. When dehydrated, imbibe!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:55 pm
I'm having coffee and bisquits with jam. Very good. I love sleeping late on Saturdays and Sundays. Actually, it was hard to choose from possibilities above. I chose mainlining coffee because that's mostly it, but I'm also saving myself for dinner tonight. Those empty wine calories will get you everytime if you don't save space.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:16 pm
Skipped breakfast entirely today. But had an early lunch -- hubby went for a haircut and the barber shop is next door to the bakery so he brought home some yummy sausage bread. Just had that with a little butter. Simple and delicious. Even better than cake.
(And, of course, Diet Pepsi)
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 02:03 am
For starters, I had a glass of....get this..sugar-free orange-flavored glucosomine/chondroitan drink (a full day's arthritis soother!)I had 4 rashers of organic, no-nitrate bacon, and 2 free-range, organic-fed chicken's eggs. A cup of mixed Celestial Seasonings tea--Decaf Mandarin Orange with Echinacea Cold Care.
Rupert had half a large can of IVD, spiced up with half a large jar of Gerbers Chicken and Vegetables, over 2 cups of IVD kibble, nuked to a decent warmth and aroma.
We are both on various diets-I on an Atkins-type thing, Rupert on an older-dog-type thing.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 02:21 am
I'm having all the good stuff. Bacon, sausage, ham, white and black pudding, fried eggs, leftover steak, mashed, english muffins fried in butter, corned beef hash.......and a beer with my coffee. How's that for a great breakfast?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:20 am
I am a coffee and nothing girl - or maybe a handful of nuts and some fruit - or, and this is the plan to have more often, some nut paste on celery.

Gonna stop the coffee one day....gonna stop the coffee one day....gonna stop....
0 Replies