so what's for breakfast today?

JoanDark

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 09:49 pm
Bethie, I have had a different experience. My doc (a young woman) was all for it. Especially happy she was when I dropped 20 lbs immediately ("carb bloat") and my LDL and lipids #s improved. My doc sez "being thinner is better for the health, and it's being proved (more& more now, since the article titled The Big Fat Lie in last July's New York Times Magazine) that carbs, creating hyperinsulinemia is the biggest cause of syndrome X "(high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes, obesity)
That bacon and stuff are bad for us has all been....a"big, fat lie"! At least, without carbs to call up insulin, proteins and fats and non-starchy veggies are not stored as fat.(Of course we can't eat bacon with toast!But I'd rather have(mmmmm) the bacon!)And I'm SO loving having no carb cravings or feelings of denial, for the first time in ages!

Breakfast today-scrambled eggs and salsa, tea.
And for tomorrow? I just bought a cryopac of Copper River salmon--smoked! Put THAT in my omelet!

Bethie--you should consider joining us Atkins types.Or ,more like Protien Power, actually.I know you'll be happy. And someone like you, who isn't fat anyway, will prosper on this!Should I send you informative links?
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 06:28 am
Breakfast during the week is fresh orange juice, muesli with cold milk, slice of bread with jam or honey, café au lait.
Weekends we add an egg and croissants and the newspaper.
Yesterday our American houseguest cooked breakfast or better Brunch for us.
Pancakes and Maple syrop, Popovers, eggs and bacon in any style, omelett, small steaks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 06:56 am
A cheese-burger and several cups of coffee -- i'll let ya know
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 10:19 am
Krispy Kreme
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 10:21 am
mmm.. Coffee and a blueberry muffin..
0 Replies

winston

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 10:30 am
peanut butter and jam on toast and a glass of milk
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:58 am
My favorite cat of all time was named Winston! I look forward to your avatar!

All I've had is coffee and I'm getting hungry... looking around. No more cottage cheese, guess I'll have an egg.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:38 pm
Ran out without breakfast this a.m., spent too much time looking at the options. Had a couple of hot chocolates at the office, then they ordered lunch in for us. I'll do better tomorrow.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 01:27 pm
At home, coffee and a peice of bread, at work, peanut butter and graham crackers. Now I'm off to lunch.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 02:10 pm
One cup of coffee, one banana, some mixed nuts and a diet coke.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 02:26 pm
I wish I could have a real American breakfast. I am dreaming of pancakes, bacon, eggs, delicious if weak American coffee, sausage, hash browns. But - I wake up in Germany and have some yoghurt... Which is probably better for my heart and my hips. But just wait for my next vacation in the States!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:08 pm
Urs

Yogurt may be better for your heart and your hips, but ....your soul, man, YOUR SOUL!!!!

I guarantee that yogurt, whatever flavour, has never done a thing to improve a person's spirits! Confused
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:39 pm
Don't be so sure, margo. There used to be a yogurt (Snackwells brand) called chocolate cherry that did a heck of a lot for my spirit. It was fat free, too. Unfortunately, they apparently stopped selling it (and it's other variations like double chocolate and chocolate raspberry). Yogurt hasn't tasted the same since.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 09:37 am
Pumpkin pie....it's a tradition.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:12 pm
breakfast was cinnamon raisin toast with a piece of emmenthal. mmmmmmmm

and hot cocoa with cinnamon once i got to work
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:19 pm
It's Saturday - Bacon Day!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:26 pm
margo wrote:
It's Saturday - Bacon Day!!!

Is that official, Margo? That would be good news indeed.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:28 pm
Well, it's official here!! Just ask the management - sitting watching beside this paragraph!

I've finally done the shopping, so we have bacon!!!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:29 pm
bacon
bacon bacon

love bacon

I should have bacon, and Im the one who does the shopping, and nope..dont have any...humph

Humm..well, I can tell you that I had an English Muffin today sometime after breakfast time, it worked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:34 pm
I haven't had bacon in ages. I had a sesame bagel and tofu-cream cheese for breakie
0 Replies