so what's for breakfast today?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 09:28 am
@jcboy,
mmm yum
scrambled eggs with ketchup

almost noon and I'm figuring out breakfast. too hot to want to eat earlier. I'm warming an onion swirl kaiser in the toaster oven, considering what to fill it with
jcboy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 04:23 am
@ehBeth,
When the other two finally wake up I’m making French toast and sausage.
chai2

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 04:33 am
@jcboy,
heh....that's what Wally told me last night that he was going to make this morning.
jcboy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 04:35 am
@chai2,
Get him up and tell him to make it! Smile

I've been up for over an hour now, the other two will stay in bed until at least 7:30.
chai2

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 12:53 pm
@jcboy,
Oh, he was going to make it for himself. I don't like things with syrup on it.

I've been gone for hours though, he was just getting up when I left at 7:15.

I had egg in a hole and orange juice.

I have the next 2 days off, unless I pick up an assignment for one of those days, so I get to sleep in.....like all the way until 7 or 7:30.

An aside, I think it was about 15 years ago, one of those nights where the weather for perfect for sleeping. We both woke up at the same time, and one of us rolled over to look at the clock. It was 11am!!!! We have never done that before or since.
We looked at each other like this... Shocked Shocked

jcboy

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:43 am
@chai2,
My sister in law is making us breakfast, spanish omelette with sausage.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:47 am
@jcboy,
Well that sounds good.

I'll be having two previously baked cheese enchiladas w/a bit of adobo sauce I keep handy, as they're too bland.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 09:56 am
Got to bed around 3 a.m. after Moonlight Tribe.

Making a late breakfast now - grilled some pork sausage patties. They're in a pan with some portabello mushrooms now. Eggs, cheese, salsa verde will be joining the crowd in the pan after the dogs have their lunch.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 10:18 am
We took Isabel out for breakfast this morning and will be taking her to dinner tonight for staying the weekend with us and helping us unpack. Antonio loves spending time with his auntie and now that we have extra bedrooms she can stay with us any weekend she likes.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 10:31 am
@jcboy,
We had a fruit and croissant breakfast. We have a Jewish/French bakery open in Lancaster. . Theyre searching foor a good name and have a contest going. I remember the French/ Soul Food place in Chicago, the Chez What?
jcboy

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 06:12 am
@farmerman,
I’m making French toast and bacon for breakfast Cool
chai2

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 07:13 am
@jcboy,
leftover pizza Embarrassed
jcboy

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 07:23 am
@chai2,
Hey I love leftover pizza, especially in the morning! Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 07:47 am
I lightly toasted some crumpets ... now they are in the toaster oven with some shredded cheese and maple-baked ham warming and warming and melting and melting
ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 09:03 am
@ehBeth,
Making a new batch of Nutty Sage Pate as a spread for my now favorite flatbread - which is easy, take some refrigerated no knead bread dough, make it into golf ball sized segments, roll them out, saute a few minutes in olive or other oil, stack on paper towels, freeze.

I ate one of those the other night - well, half of one, with some butter - and left the other half on the counter. Next day, it looked drier and flatter, so I let it go some more, and it got thinner. Toasted that... it's the perfect cracker. I'll have to make crackers that way on purpose next time, adding some seeds and spices.

http://www.itsfordinner.com/recipe/pan-fried-flatbread
http://www.itsfordinner.com/recipe/refrigerator-friendly-no-knead-bread-dough
farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:04 pm
@ossobuco,
hadda pumpkin bagel and coffee. I slept like a log last night (I was beat) and so, a lite bekrass was in order
ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 08:42 am
@farmerman,
French toast made with really good french bread
Eastern Ontario maple syrup on top
turkey and regular bacon
ginger tea
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 10:39 pm
really " crisp " bacon - mmmmh - good ,
red river cereal Shocked Shocked Shocked , cornflakes , crushed linseed ,