Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009?

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 06:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
Is that legal?

The computer game me a player with almost 0% ownership and almost no record. Does it know something I don't know?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
The draft was fun - I'm no longer timid about it.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:17 pm
Cool, Osso. I was totally thrown off track by being the 13th picker going one way and the 2nd picker going the other way. Always 3 picks apart from myself. I am satisfied with most of my picks but, like most everyone else, will have to do some tweaking.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:30 pm
Ah crap... I'm really upset I missed the draft now. I got nearly no one that I wanted. It could be a long season for the Can of Corns.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:35 pm
@realjohnboy,
I made a boo boo by lolling about checking out some players' stats, and while I was highlighting a player to see stats, the autopick didn't catch my queue list because of the highlight. Now, will I remember this next year?

It also took me a while to cotton on to just highlighting in the queue and, when my turn came, to click draft right away -- so my waiting, dithering, during my turn held the speed of the draft back somewhat. I eventually learned to just check stats when my turn was far, far away.

Some of the draft, well, frankly hurts... to see some favorites scooped up. Schniff, Johan Santana...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:39 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Is that legal?

The computer game me a player with almost 0% ownership and almost no record. Does it know something I don't know?

I picked one of those on purpose, from a short comment I saw about a new player. I think he'd been in only one game.. so I was playing the game Risk while I was at it. Maybe the Computer pick will turn out for you.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
So, I have some repair work, ah, tweaking to do - I have to wait until the season opens, don't I? (I know who I want for a second catcher, of which I managed to only nab one).
mysteryman

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 09:59 pm
I missed the draft, we got toned out to a fire.
I see I dont have a third baseman, so I need to trade for one of those.

Anyone interested?
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 10:46 pm
@mysteryman,
Looks like you grabbed one in the first round, MM.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 08:35 am
@mysteryman,
Hey man, I've got one to spare. I'm looking for speed and for a closer.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 08:49 am
Also, I have a glut of good pitching.

I will deal Francisco Liriano for a catcher projected to bat above .280. That's my only requirement. Dangle an amazing catcher in front of me and I might throw Joba Chamberlain in as well.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 10:01 am
@ossobuco,
You do not need to wait until opening day, Osso. Click on Players in the middle of the League page and you find out who is available after the draft.
fbaezer

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 10:20 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I see I dont have a third baseman, so I need to trade for one of those.

Anyone interested?

You DO have a third baseman. His name is Miguel Cabrera. (I mean you're the firefighter, aren't you?). You can put him either in 1st base or in 3rd base.
alex240101

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 10:48 am
League standings has me listed fourth from top. So far I'm not afraid of heights. I will be testing that phobia this season.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 11:21 am
@fbaezer,
Yea, I saw that this morning.
I was so tired when I got home last night that I wouldnt have seen much of anything.

I got home, took a shower, glanced at the draft and went to bed.
Sorry for the mistake.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 11:35 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

"toned" out to a fire? Was that a misprint or some firehouse slang I am unaware of?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 11:37 am
@realjohnboy,
Thanks, rjb.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 11:41 am
@realjohnboy,
I'm a volunteer firefighter, and we all carry pagers, except for the officers, we carry radios.

When we get "toned out", that means that the 911 dispatcher for this caounty hits a button for our FD.
Every dept in the county has a different alarm tone, so that when we get "toned out" it just means that the alarm for our FD is going off.
She also follows it up with a verbal call, that is heard on all of our radios and pagers.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 12:42 pm
@alex240101,
alex240101 wrote:

League standings has me listed fourth from top. So far I'm not afraid of heights. I will be testing that phobia this season.

If the current league standings are an indicator of things to come, I have no way to go but up, but at least I'm ahead of the Ticomaniacs. Smile

But this thread is really educational. Last year we learned how to do an ob-gyn exam on a cow and this year we've already learned how firefighters are called to a fire. That is interesting though MM and thanks. We'll all have our A2K degrees in no time.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 01:18 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yeah, there is some down time on the sports threads during which folks talk about stuff. Belly dancing was taught to us by Ehbeth on the Football thread, as I recall.