Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 07:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
; )

I did like that cover, RJ..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 08:36 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

rjb, do you recall what place I came in last season?
Cycloptichorn

No. I don't have access to last year's Yahoo site. And I find nothing by or about you on A2K. So you must have been out of the running and perhaps 10th or 11th overall. I think Alex was last. I could be wrong about that. I do know who ended up in 1st place if anyone wants to ask.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
Does anybody know who won last year?
jespah

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:01 am
@Foxfyre,
Sodom Salt Statues (fbaezer).

Anyone who played at all before, go to your team page and click on your Yahoo ID. That opens a window with info on how you did in the past. Click on your past leagues to see how you did. This should be the link for the 2007 finals: http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/mlb/2007/28803
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 08:30 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

rjb, do you recall what place I came in last season?
Cycloptichorn

No. I don't have access to last year's Yahoo site. And I find nothing by or about you on A2K. So you must have been out of the running and perhaps 10th or 11th overall. I think Alex was last. I could be wrong about that. I do know who ended up in 1st place if anyone wants to ask.

Thanks, no big deal. Just wondering.

I stopped playing at some point and was wondering how my team turned out with no skipper. Now, when football season comes back around...

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 08:48 am
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
Did I mention I was the champion in 2007, 2006 and 2005?

You forgot to put the asterisk after the "2007".
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 08:52 am
@Cycloptichorn,
You came in 6th in 2007, Cyclops. It appears you didn't play in 2008.

And you came in 2nd place in Fantasy Football last season. Want me to tell you who came in 1st?????
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 09:19 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

You came in 6th in 2007, Cyclops. It appears you didn't play in 2008.

And you came in 2nd place in Fantasy Football last season. Want me to tell you who came in 1st?????

Some guy, can't remember his name. I'll be back though!

Happy that my team placed 6th without even trying, that's a sterling result! I didn't make a single change all year after the initial setup.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 09:27 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

The Tubas? That is a really stupid name.

So stupid it goes around the world and lands on brilliant.

Imagine how much more you'll hate the name when you see it firmly fixed at the top of league.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 12:19 pm
We are not despererate yet (and I know that Fox or El Stud is willing to drop out if necessary) but we need to end up with an even number of teams. Preferably 14.
If there is anyone who would like to join, please express an interest here before Friday evening.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
... I am due, for once to get higher than 7th or so in the draft picking order. and put me in a position to repeat as champion.

Need I remind you that you held the #1 pick in the 2006 season, and with that pick you selected .......

.... wait for it ....

Javy Lopez ... catcher .... Baltimore Orioles.

And for your second pick that year you bucked conventional wisdom and selected ...

Ramon Hernandez ... catcher ... Baltimore Orioles.

If you do get the #1 pick again this year, don't forget that Pudge Rodriguez now has a starting gig with the Astros!!! And his backup, Humberto Quintero, ought to be available in Round 2.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:07 pm
Ok, there are 14 now.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:20 pm
@McGentrix,
Welcome to Fantasy Baseball, McG ... aka, "Skoalmen."
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:41 pm
Woo hoo.....McG is here. WTG......should be a fun league.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:11 pm
@McGentrix,
Yahoo, McGentrix, for getting us to 14! At last check the Skoalmen were not yet listed in the league over on Yahoo. Hope to see you there soon. 3 days to the draft where we put together our rosters and something like 12 days to opening day.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Yahoo, McGentrix, for getting us to 14! At last check the Skoalmen were not yet listed in the league over on Yahoo. Hope to see you there soon. 3 days to the draft where we put together our rosters and something like 12 days to opening day.

Hit F5... I signed up before I posted here and alreay had my pre-draft selections done.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:49 pm
@McGentrix,
You are there now, McGentrix. My task of trolling for players is done! Let the game and the trash-talking begin in earnest.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 03:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
Moving in to set up. . . .

http://www.imageenvision.com/md2/sym_metal_trash_can_cartoon_character_riding_a_bicycle.jpg
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 03:52 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
You are there now, McGentrix. My task of trolling for players is done! Let the game and the trash-talking begin in earnest.

I started trash-talking you 8 posts ago ....
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:05 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Moving in to set up. . . .

http://www.imageenvision.com/md2/sym_metal_trash_can_cartoon_character_riding_a_bicycle.jpg

Ok. Here come the Rappin' Rednecks with my annual preseason taunt. Note the incredibly crafted meter of each pair on lines. Hell, I have a colidge edcaton.

So most of our idjits are here
To play the game for a fifth year.

Some of yall have a new name;
Some of yall are just the same.
Matters not- your quest is vain;
The 'Necks will rule this here game.

I gently remind I won here last time.
So prepare for pain. I will beat yall slime.