Pucifer's thoroughly rotten day

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 01:25 am
Well, you could name it Lotto...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 01:31 am
I think we're stuck with Leto. We conned the boss into giving him a name, which almost obliges him to accept the idea of adding Office Cat to organizational chart. When I saw Pucifer in Anderson's book, I made the assumption that it combined pussy cat with Lucifer - not a bad name for a black cat, but it just doesn't seem to fit a boy cat, does it?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 07:49 pm
Is not Lucifer another name for Devil? And if this is a correct assumption on my part, why oh why, roger, do you assume that the Devil is female??????????
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 08:30 pm
Bandylu, are you doing this to me on purpose? I don't assume the devil is female, but pussy cat seems female, while tom cat is usually male.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 08:33 pm
All nice cats are pussy cats (can be either male or female) but only males can be toms (though females can act like toms).

That is the bandylu philosophy of feline nomenclature.

Of course, I haven't owned a cat since I was a little kid so things could have changed.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 09:24 pm
I think almost all cats "seem" female and almost all dogs "seem" male. A generalization, but hard to shake. Cats are so elegant and graceful, whereas dogs would be the beer drinkers of the pets.

Timberlandko -- I didn't even know there was a Dune mini-series. I'm glad you agree with my assessment of the movie.... a stupider, more stilted version could hardly have been made. The only one I thought did anything worthwhile in the movie was Paul's mother, but I just like that actress.

So, Roger, do you think your boss relized the significance of naming the cat "Leto"?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 09:46 pm
Piffka -- sorry, but as a dog person, I don't agree that all seem masculine. Poodles definitely seem feminine (especially the ones with the funny haircuts) as do many of the smaller breeds. Some of them (large and small) carry themselves with just as much elegance and grace as any cat. Then there's my Jenny who is a tomboy if ever there was one.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 09:50 pm
Oh, Pifka. We sit around and analyze the boss every day, but it's really not suitable. . .

Well, okay. he probably came up with Leto so someone would think he read a book one time or another.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 09:57 pm
<big grin> Maybe he just saw the movie!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 10:13 pm
So how are Leto and Roger and boss now?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 11:56 pm
Thanks for asking. Leto, though we finally settled on Barney instead, is doing great. Bandages off a week ago and he's not only healed with a fully functional foot, the wretched beast is actually growing fur on the part that was totally without skin.

He is fitting into the office routing almost perfectly, except for an ongoing dispute with the boss, who is still a jerk. Barney likes to get on the desks, boss says this creates an atmosphere unconducive to a work environment. Those are his words and I have no idea what they mean, but it does sound kind of negative.

Roger has a chest cold and a nasty cough which threatens to blow his brains out through his temples, which would be a loss if you asked the right person.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:01 am
Waaaaaaaaaah Roger!

So sorry to hear about your nasty, feral cold....

Here are cyber oranges and cherries (for the pain, as well as cos they taste nice) and lemons and garlic and fresh ginger - for your hot drink - tastes mighty interesting, but does you good - and here is a bottomless bowl of fabulous laksa, for your soul - but also the chilli clears the chest and head.

And some damn fine Bushmill's to knock you out.....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 01:53 pm
Oh, Roger, don't be sick!!! Heal yourself. Take Vitamin C and echinachea and... oh. ZINC! That should do it! Get Well!!!

It's probably that cold weather you're having right now. Did you forget to wear your hat while you were outside?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 02:45 pm
Vitamine C and zink I am taking. Echinachea? What is that, and is it legal?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 02:46 pm
Of COURSE it is legal! It is from a cute li'l plant - very commonly found in places that sell vitamins and such...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 03:16 pm
I think Echineachea (Quest. - I am spelling this right? Ans. NO) is from the same plant as the wild flower called Bee Balm.

http://www.herbs.org/greenpapers/echinacea.html
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 03:53 pm
Roger, what a lovely story ... Awwww Very Happy You kind person!
It doesn't matter what your new kitten is called. You'll love it anyway.
Enjoy it's kitten days. What fun you're in for!

My sympathy to you - I have a rotten cold too. Awful! Hope we both get better quickly.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 07:28 pm
It's from the purple coneflower which is, I believe, a member of the daisy family and is sold around here as a common perennial. Feel better Roger! (That's an order.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 08:45 pm
I am so trying to, Bandylu.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 09:18 pm
Barney - where he isn't supposed to be

That bandage never slowed him down at all.

http://http://groups.msn.com/TheRavensRealm/ourmostlycompanions.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=4660
0 Replies