can someone tell me about ann coulter?

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 07:46 am
@genoves,
MY GAWD!!!

You sure can take up a lot of space with a series of meaningless numbers. Way to go!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 10:30 am
@ebrown p,
Right! You are a good nit-picker. But show me how the word could constitute a verb.
A Lone Voice

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 01:11 pm
@OGIONIK,
Quote:

i went to her website and saw this "reporters who are allowed to interview her again"

and then a short list

i was like wtf?

im thinking shes some crazy person who writes books and spreads hate to get fame, drama = $

whats your opinion?

Ann Coulter is to the right what Al Frankin is to the left. But while Frankin, like many 'progressives', felt a need to go beyond entertainment and assume an activist role and ran for office, Colter, like most entertainment-type conservatives, just writes books and stays in the entertainment fold.

The exception, of course (and there are always exceptions) was Reagan.

Who was somewhat unsuccessful as an entertainer.

As is Frankin, left-wing talk radio, Air America, left-wing war message movies...

Hmmm. Might be something to this...

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 03:06 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Oh, and every single one of her books has made the NY Times best seller list and has stayed there for quite awhile however unimportant or unimpressive you guys might think that is. Smile

so do jim nortons, and he writes about having hookers defecate on his chest, not sure a spot on the new york times best seller list really means anything

i'm thinking all those xeroxed grishams probably made the list too

They do, I think...the Grishams I mean.

As a digression, I used to think making one of the major best-seller lists meant that a book was, at least, seriously entertaining, and reasonably well-written...so I would use it as a guide sometimes for holiday reading or somesuch, if there was nothing that I really wanted to read lying about at home.

Then I bought The Da Vinci Code.

That scotched THAT notion!~

But Coulter, of course, makes her bucks on attention scoring, so doubtless she has fine-tuned mass appeal.
ebrown p

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 03:15 pm
@A Lone Voice,
Oh... you are referring to Senator Al Franken (that is as soon as his whining little Republican loser opponent runs out of legal challenges).
Advocate

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 06:32 pm
@ebrown p,
Coleman is worse than that. He is probably facing significant jail time, if there is justice in this world.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 07:48 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
a thinking 'conservative'

There just ain't no such thing.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 08:18 pm
@A Lone Voice,
A Lone Voice wrote:
Ann Coulter is to the right what Al Frankin is to the left. But while Frankin, like many 'progressives', felt a need to go beyond entertainment and assume an activist role and ran for office, Colter, like most entertainment-type conservatives, just writes books and stays in the entertainment fold.

... and Schwarzenegger of course. Oh, and Eastwood, too. And how could we forget Heston, who didn't run for office but certainly assumed an activist role?
A Lone Voice

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 09:35 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:

... and Schwarzenegger of course. Oh, and Eastwood, too. And how could we forget Heston, who didn't run for office but certainly assumed an activist role?

Rather difficult to label Arnold as a conservative. And Dirty Harry was simply a mayor of a small town, I believe; not sure even of his political leanings. Heston was president of the NRA, but as you noted he never ran for office.

One you forgot? SonnyandCher Bono, who was a congressman from SoCal, I think... (Wasn't that his name?)

Dude from the Love Boat? Another one...

Lot's of lightweights from the enterainment world (and sports) from both parties cashing in on name recognition.

Not too many former/current actors, etc. who beat the drum at the national level , though, where the media pays attention, except for those who tilt left, of course...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:39 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Then I bought The Da Vinci Code.

That guy, is it Dan Brown, is a seriously bad writer.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:46 pm
@genoves,
Quote:
... so we can move the politics of the country back to sanity

That would certainly leave you out of the loop.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:52 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
But show me how the word could constitute a verb.

[For example only; don't try this at home]

She cunted him out.

She cuntwashed him.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:55 pm
@A Lone Voice,
Quote:
like most entertainment-type conservatives, just writes books and stays in the entertainment fold.

Who was somewhat unsuccessful as an entertainer.

And an abject, dismal failure as a president. He did make a good war criminal/felon though.
revel

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 09:56 am
"Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy”. " Ann Coulter

“No, but I do think anyone named B. Hussein Obama should avoid using ‘hijack’ and ‘religion’ in the same sentence.” Ann Coulter

Liberalism is a godless religion. Ann Coulter

Those are some of the quotes she calls fair descriptions of liberals or words to that effect.

1.Because liberals object to organized public prayers she thinks we therefore must be godless rather than not wanting to force religion down anyone’s throat in a public forum.

2.Because liberals objected to the way Bush conducted the ‘war on terror’ with sweeping cuts into civil liberties and invading a country on false pretenses while practically deserting the real war AQ and Bin Laden we therefore hate America more than the terrorist who evidently don’t have energy anymore to hate us.

3.Because Obama’s name is Barrack Hussein Obama he is no position to be referring to words like hijack and religion in the same sentence, of course he is a terrorist with a name like that.

Of course it is all Bull Crap with typical wrong overly simplified assumptions from a conservative hack job.

(to verify quotes just use google)
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 10:08 am
@revel,
Quote:
And when one of her more outrageous remarks is taken out of context and made into something that it was not, she may clarify her intent for those who truly misunderstood, but she is always unapologetic and won't back down when she believes she is right. Of course that is also irritating to those who can't stand a strong woman who is confident in her point of view.
http://able2know.org/topic/129523-3#post-3579038
Advocate

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 10:11 am
@JTT,
Reagan would have beaten the rap on grounds of mental incompetency.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:40 am
@Advocate,
Quote:
Reagan would have beaten the rap on grounds of mental incompetency.

True that. Every White House reporter was aware that dementia was setting in long before the Pres was officially diagnosed (after having left the office) as having incipient Alzheimer's.
revel

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 12:14 pm
@Foxfyre,
Those remarks and many other are not made any better when taking with the whole context included; that is a total wimp out argument unless you can prove the quotes I quoted could actually mean something other than what they appear to mean. Godless liberals is still godless liberals no matter what sentence it is put in. Saying liberals hate Americans more than terrorist is still saying liberals hate Americans more than terrorist no matter the context surrounding it. Saying Obama should not talk about "hijacks" and "religion" since his name is B.Obama Hussein is still saying Obama should not talk about "hijacks" and religion since his name is B.Obama Hussein no matter the surrounding context or what interpretation are put to any of those quotes.
Advocate

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:57 pm
@revel,
I imagine that the vast majority of libs are not godless. However, I believe that rejecting superstition is a sign of intelligence.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 12:31 am
@Merry Andrew,
Lincoln tops C-SPAN presidents ranking
Published Feb. 16, 2009

WASHINGTON, Feb. 15 (UPI) -- Abraham Lincoln received the top grade in a ranking of U.S. presidents by 65 presidential historians conducted for the cable TV public affairs channel C-SPAN.

George Washington, the nation's first president, came in second in a review based on 10 aspects of leadership, C-SPAN announced Sunday. Washington was followed by Franklin Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt and Harry Truman.

The top five all ranked in the top five as well when the survey was last conducted in 2000, although Washington moved ahead of Franklin Roosevelt for the second spot in the 2009 ranking.

Former President George W. Bush was ranked 36th while former President Bill Clinton moved up to No. 15 from No. 21. Ronald Reagan moved up one spot to No. 10, George H.W. Bush went from No. 20 to No. 18, and Jimmy Carter dropped from 22nd place to 25th.

The roster of historians participating in the ranking -- which was conducted in December and January and released to coincide with the Presidents Day holiday -- included Douglas Brinkley, Richard Norton Smith, Robert Dallek, Edna Medford, Stephen Hess and Lou Cannon.

"As much as possible, we created a poll that was non-partisan, judicious and fair-minded," Brinkley said, "and it's fitting that for the 200th birthday of Abraham Lincoln that he remains at the top of these presidential rankings."

Presidents were ranked for such considerations as public persuasion, moral authority, relations with Congress, crisis leadership and international relations.

The bottom five overall were Warren Harding, William Henry Harrison, Franklin Pierce, Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan.